JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looking forward to this class with @Cogs . I will have my two older boys with me. I want to invite everyone to come. Even if you know the rules, a refresher doesn't hurt. Then you can recommend the class to others who may not be so wise, saying it's a great class. See you there :D

I had a DNR officer cut me some slack many years ago and I haven't broke the rules since.

Granted it wasn't serious as I was shooting at other peoples trash but he was upset I didn't have any targets and when I told him there is always trash here to shoot we both acknowledged that to be an issue.

That is exactly the problem that I'm seeing at my little piece of heaven. I can get most of the non biodegradable trash picked up & the next week some dufass will have brought in more crap to shoot up & leave it there!!!!:mad:
There are a few that fill the trash bags I have around the entrance.:)

We just went up to Larch Mtn. yesterday and I grabbed some other trash before I left.

There was a huge projection TV that was all shot up. That's the kind of stuff that will get these places shut down.

It's one thing bringing wood items up there but its entirely different bringing metal/electronics and just leaving it.

We just went up to Larch Mtn. yesterday and I grabbed some other trash before I left.

There was a huge projection TV that was all shot up. That's the kind of stuff that will get these places shut down.

It's one thing bringing wood items up there but its entirely different bringing metal/electronics and just leaving it.
Thanks for doing what you can, Kott! Hope you can make it to the cleanup on April 7th. We're cleaning up from Jones Creek Trail Head parking lot to 2 miles up. Bring some toys for the After Party!

Thread in the Events & Get Togethers section: Cleanup Jones Creek Area April 7, 2018

Bill

GROUP SHOOTING & SHARING. Discussion topic in class Saturday, March 24!

Promo Sharing 1.jpg

Promo Sharing 2.jpg

Promo Sharing 3.jpg

Promo Sharing 4.jpg

Promo Sharing 5.jpg

Promo Sharing 6.jpg

Someone at the class gets to win this!

Raffle prize howard_leight_impact_sport_electronic_earmuff_4725_1.jpg
Howard Leight Impact Sport Electronic Earmuff - Protect your hearing from harsh noises with the Impact Sport Earmuff. It has the ability to block damaging sound to a safe 82dB but will also amplify sound like range commands and normal conversation for maximum awareness and safety. The automatic 4 hour shutoff will conserve the battery life of the 2 included AAA batteries. The earmuffs are water resistant and include a leatherette headband for maximum comfort.

sportsmans-warehouse-mainlogo.png

Someone at the class gets to win this!

Howard Leight Impact Sport Electronic Earmuff - Protect your hearing from harsh noises with the Impact Sport Earmuff. It has the ability to block damaging sound to a safe 82dB but will also amplify sound like range commands and normal conversation for maximum awareness and safety. The automatic 4 hour shutoff will conserve the battery life of the 2 included AAA batteries. The earmuffs are water resistant and include a leatherette headband for maximum comfort.

I really like the set I have. Whoever wins these won't be disappointed. Looking forward to the class tomorrow.

Thanks All. I'm gettin nervous now! Only a few hours till show time.

Awe, I'll do just fine. I've got help from WrenchNguns and a DNR Police Officer who will bale me out several times I'm sure! Having all topics on a slide show will make it fairly easy to cover the issues. I'll also have some show-n-tell target examples on hand. We are giving away one free prize as an incentive to attend. It will be a pair of electronic ear muffs. Sportsman's is also throwing in some discount coupons and a little swag.

I didn't do a per-register so I don't know how many will be there. It's simply open free to walk in. One of these days I'll get around to getting an event registration form on our website, however, I'm afraid of it turning out to by like all the others on social media where most will click 'Interested' just to show their friends that they are a concerned and socially responsible person (but really have no intention of going).

I have 3 more classes to do this summer (Happy Valley, Hillsboro & Tualatin). The class will get better as I'll learn from each one and fine tune it as we go. By next year, we may be able to attract a couple people to put on the class anywhere in the NW. I'll provide the outline & materials.

Tell a Newbie! Invite a friend! Starts at 2 PM at Sportsman's Warehouse, Vancouver.

I'll post up a note on how it went!

Bill

Great class today! 22 people showed up! They started signing in at 1:30, had a line up for a while and class started on time at 2. Good discussions and participation by attendee's. It was well worth the effort! Pleased!

Here's a part of it...

Bill

@Cogs Did a great job of presenting his material and Officer Essmen was a great resource. It was great that he was able to join us. There was also some really good questions from the participants. Looking forward to more knowledgeable and caring shooters in the woods :D

@Cogs Did a great job of presenting his material and Officer Essmen was a great resource. It was great that he was able to join us. There was also some really good questions from the participants. Looking forward to more knowledgeable and caring shooters in the woods :D
Your help was greatly appreciated, Wrench! Could NOT have done it without the help you provided.

Your boys were a great addition! They dove right in and helped a lot. And good questions for class discussion. It was great to see several other kids there as well.

Thanks again!

Bill

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews