Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Tapco making Mini-14 mags... Any good??

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by sbryson21, Jun 7, 2010.

1. sbryson21

sbryson21 Nampa, ID Member

Ok first of all I know some people hate Tapco so I'm not asking for any of the Tapco bashing. I'm asking if anyone out there has actually bought these mags and how'd they cycle? Like most Mini owners I've always avoided all mags like the plague that weren't made by Ruger. But from what I've heard these are actually supposed to be really good and reliable mags. Let me know some first hand experiences!

2. oregonshooter

oregonshooter AMERICA Member

Not my experience, but a local 3gunner that runs a mini has never had them work enough to trust in a match. Before Ruger started selling the 30rndrs to civilian pukes again, there was temptation to buy 3rd party mags (promags) but I wouldn't bother, unless you want to practice immediate action drills?

3. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

I've got two 20 rounders, one works great. one's hit and miss......

4. UncalledForGabe

UncalledForGabe Aloha Or. Member

A friend has one, he doesnt like it.

Sounds like Magpul needs to step in and make some mags for the mini!

5. TRD1911

TRD1911 Kitsap, A-stan Member

6. greydog111

greydog111 peoples repubilik of Oregon Active Member

don't know about Tapco, but avoid Promags like the plague. I had a ranch model and it took mailing back 6 mags 3 times to get 6 30 rounders that worked. Greydog.

7. sbryson21

Thanks for that link, because nutnfancy was the fricken dude that was saying in another video that tapco was making excellent Mini mags now! Like you, I really enjoy his videos and think he's pretty dang good at reviewing stuff but it kind of pisses me off that he would say one thing in one video and then another in a different video... Good thing I did some more investigating before heeding his words and purchasing any of these mags... Thanks guys!

8. sbryson21

This starts me off on another topic... Why is it so freakin hard for anyone other than Ruger to make good mags for the mini?? What's the big malfunction with these manufacturers?