JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
No not a shoe thing.

Holster wedges.

Do you use one? Which one? Make one? Work?

Thanks!

Reno

1636996728884.jpeg

AIWB holsters can benefit from a wedge just like they benefit from a claw. The claw helps press the grip into the body. The wedge helps push the whole upper portion into the body.

Im thinking about trying one on a thicker pistol I recently purchased as it prints much more than my smaller AIWB pistol/hoslster.

Would it be wrong of me to suggest keister carry and call it a wedgie instead?
Only if you figure out a way to have the muzzle poking out prairie dog style, so as to keister a round off when needed!

I use the T1C wedges, it softens the holster's contact to the body and presses the grip slightly back to your stomach, for me it really made AWIB more comfortable.

I use the T1C wedges, it softens the holster's contact to the body and presses the grip slightly back to your stomach, for me it really made AWIB more comfortable.
Did you try a few sizes, or?

I have gone the molded-in wedge route from the foam wedges. I do have one holster that I installed a wedge on permenently (a Blade Tech Eclipse, I cut a high density neoprene foam wedge off of some old kydex press foam and used Loc Tite marine epoxy to bond the wedge onto the holster body.

I actually just made a new holster yesterday for my Walther PDP, and molded a wedge into it.

8oclOda.jpg

I am also a convert to the DCC monoblock clip from my tried & true snap straps

This is the first AWIB I am actually comfortable carrying in the 1 o'clock position

woCLUbW.jpg

WRPA7Qp.jpg

NNtZrVI.jpg

H6r8CNq.jpg

Sorry for mirror schmootz.

Here's an in-progress build shot. The wedge kind of crushed in in the mold - I used a rubber door stopper, cut down and filled in with neoprene press foam to fill the voids - most of the wedge shape came out ok, but the bottom / muzzle end flattened more than I would have liked. It still works pretty well to push the muzzle out, and the modwing claw does help rotate the grip in.

PPPSJ9E.jpg

Its way more comfortable to carry than my M&P holster without a wedge.

Og5sasZ.jpg

This M&P holster could probably benefit, comfort wise from a foam wedge.

For the price of a few wedges from Tier 1, you can order a sheet of foam and cut dozens to make your own different sizes/shapes to find what works perfect for you. The foam cuts easily with a sharp knife.

Alternately - go to Wal Mart's workout equipment section and grab a $5 Yoga Block - that's ultra high density foam. I have cut some wedges from that stuff too to play with.

I use them and I'm a fan. I bought mine from JM Custom Kydex when I bought my holster.

As others have said, they're purpose is twofold...they aid in comfort so you have a pad contacting your body instead of the kydex holster, and they help push the top of the gun in against the body to help reduce printing.

But note that a lot can depend on the variants...body type, where you position your holster, gun size, etc. If you cary a small subcompact like, say, a Shield, you may not get much benefit from pads, claws, etc. But if you carry a larger gun with a full sized grip, or extended mags, these things can really help.

No. I haven't had a need. My holster doesn't have a claw or a wedge. I do carry at 12 o'clock though.

82B9519F-B3F3-420B-8293-63A3103E0DFC.jpeg

For the price of a few wedges from Tier 1, you can order a sheet of foam and cut dozens to make your own different sizes/shapes to find what works perfect for you. The foam cuts easily with a sharp knife.

Alternately - go to Wal Mart's workout equipment section and grab a $5 Yoga Block - that's ultra high density foam. I have cut some wedges from that stuff too to play with.
I'm going to have to try the yoga block route. Thanks for this idea!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top