JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought 3 mags made by ProMag Industries and all of them caused malfunctions in my guns.

I bought the ProMag versions of an extended 32-round mag for my Sig P226 and two 10-round mags for my VEPR-12 AK semi-auto shotgun. With these ProMags, I experienced a malfunction with about 40% of shots fired. And by malfunction, I mean totally jamming up the gun. I hope after multiple attempts to "break in" these mags I didn't damage either of my guns.

BTW, when using mags from other manufacturers, these same guns run flawlessly. I mean, like never a failure. So, I'm just about 100% sure the issue is ProMag and not the guns themselves.

Maybe ProMag magazines work better with other models, but from my experience, I'd personally stay away from ProMag Industries.

P.S. I bought one of these mags from GrabAGun.com.They would not let me return them and said I needed to contact ProMag directly. When I talked to ProMag, they said they would not give me a refund, but they would ship me a replacement mag in about 4 weeks. Great! Now I need to wait a month to get another crappy mag that probably won't work either. So, be warned about both ProMag and GrabAGun. Their motto should be "Our mission is poor quality combined with lousy service!"

I'm looking for a 30-round (or greater) mag for a Sig P226.

Anyone have a recommendation on a good quality manufacturer?

Target Sports makes one, but it's also listed at a pretty low price, so I'm afraid it will be another low quality mag that's totally unreliable.

Interesting I have afew different calibers in promag. and never had a major issue.. the only issue I found so far some times like with the glock ones the inside with have slight polymer burs that need smoothed out but other then that springfield XD 358 sig. Ruger 9e glock 22 gen4 x2 smith and wesson m&p 40 x2 and glock 21 I did have a taurus pt99 afs as one point that did t have a issues either...

Son got Saiga some years ago....and a box of stick & round mags. The round ones were junk when received, junk as he tried the various remedies, the replacements were junk, and they never did work as advertised. Not to mention he was warned beforehand...:mad:

Last Edited:
Even before I owned my first gun, I was aware ProMags are anything but pro... unless you add "blem" to the end.

Sucks you got screwed. If you have the time and inclination, compare it to a mag that works and see if you can alter it. If not, after the sting goes away, chalk it up to paying for a lesson learned.

-Robert

Much like a working Kimber 1911 magazine, or any other mag from Kimber, or a working Lee LoadMaster reloading press, I hear of working ProMag magazines, but no one will actually SHOW it to me in person. I am not saying they are not out there, just if you see hundreds of each of them, one might, sort of, kinda, maybe, possibly may not screw up 100% of the time, only 99% of the time. Well, OK, that might be an exaggeration, Kimber mags and Lee LoadMaster presses always screw up 100% of the time!

I'm looking for a 30-round (or greater) mag for a Sig P226.

Anyone have a recommendation on a good quality manufacturer?

Target Sports makes one, but it's also listed at a pretty low price, so I'm afraid it will be another low quality mag that's totally unreliable.
Mec Gar is the go to for metal extended mags. Not sure if they offer a 30 for the particular model you need.

Only problem with my blued mec gar hi power mags is that they're too pretty to drop. I honestly don't even like touching them without a silicone wipe down.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top