JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Recalling a mid-90s incident at a Los Angeles area conference center where a shooter burst into a law enforcement officers training session. His shots wounded several officers and killed at least one. Not one officer returned fire; instead a large (but unknown) number of them quickly joined in disarming and physically restraining the shooter, who did not survive the incident.
The incident was Valentines Day 1994 when the son of Superior Court justice, Morio Fukuto murdered two Palos Verdes Estates officers before "mysteriously" expiring due to a broken neck.

I spent a number of years working with PVE's emergency communications team and got to know a number of the officers that were present that day. The officers lost are remembered.

https://easyreadernews.com/slain-palos-verdes-estates-police-officers-remembered-20-years-later/

so frustrating that once again, there would appear to be NUMEROUS people who got a reasonable look at this perp, but the media refuses to mention any physical description.. when : ( not politically correct ) ..

if was not ( a politically correct ) perp, there would be full detail ...

Asinine...

I have two questions related to the picture in the article, as I'm not too familiar with J-Frame snubby revolvers.

#1 Is that some kind of S&W Bodyguard model?

#2 Has it been modified in some way?

I'm not used to seeing an ejector rod that long on a short-barrel revolver; nor one that protrudes further than the muzzle.

I have two questions related to the picture in the article, as I'm not too familiar with J-Frame snubby revolvers.

I'm not used to seeing an ejector rod that long on a short-barrel revolver; nor one that protrudes further than the muzzle.
Smith plastic Bodyguard .38

It's the pictures relative perspective that you're seeing. The ejector rod is swung out and away from the frame and that makes it look longer then it really is.
Kinda like holding a fish away from your body and towards the camera to make it look bigger then it really is.

1627141794024.png

"Blind drunk and or everyone died?"

Shooting occurred in front of 50 people, none of whom saw anything.
I was in the head and didn't see anything either.
You haven't seen lotsa cops until you make a 911 call about a shooting at a M/C clubhouse.

Well, it is Portland, so you are probably more likely to go to jail for using a gun to defend yourself than for using a gun to commit the crime. Maybe people think a body tackle is less risky than a demonstrably corrupt court.

How does an entire group of people get a guy on the ground, by tackling, and not manage to kick a few teeth in? The dude was shooting and they let him literally slip through their fingers.

Blind drunk and or everyone died?
No, it most likely follows the pattern of UW Seattle incident reports where they stopped sharing the skin color of the perp because the overwhelming consistency of who was committing crime was perceived to be "racist."

So now they literally will send out a warning saying "be on the look out for a male in grey sweatpants and a red shirt."

How does an entire group of people get a guy on the ground, by tackling, and not manage to kick a few teeth in? The dude was shooting and they let him literally slip through their fingers.
Inebriation can do interesting things to both strength and judgement. I had some deputy friends who were in a foot chase with a drugged-out thief. The chase led to the roof of a 4 story building. The thief jumped off the roof, apparently thinking he could fly, and landed flat footed on the pavement causing telescopic breaks in both femurs, but he kept running. It took them almost an hour to catch him, albeit a foot shorter and still trying to run on bloody stumps.

Inebriation can do interesting things to both strength and judgement. I had some deputy friends who were in a foot chase with a drugged-out thief. The chase led to the roof of a 4 story building. The thief jumped off the roof, apparently thinking he could fly, and landed flat footed on the pavement causing telescopic breaks in both femurs, but he kept running. It took them almost an hour to catch him, albeit a foot shorter and still trying to run on bloody stumps.
Sounds like PCP's

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR