JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm thinking of switching from a snub nose 38 to a Glock 43 for summer carry and winter back up. I carry the 38 mainly because I van hit what I aim at and I know it will go bang when I pull the trigger. I train with all my weapons so accuracy shouldn't be an issue. I'm thinking ease of concealment and reload time will be better with the 43 as well as ammo availability. Anyone else make a similar switch or have experience shootijng both platforms? I was also looking at the walther pps m2 le.

Thanks

Jeff

I'm thinking of switching from a snub nose 38 to a Glock 43 for summer carry and winter back up. I carry the 38 mainly because I van hit what I aim at and I know it will go bang when I pull the trigger. I train with all my weapons so accuracy shouldn't be an issue. I'm thinking ease of concealment and reload time will be better with the 43 as well as ammo availability. Anyone else make a similar switch or have experience shootijng both platforms? I was also looking at the walther pps m2 le.

Thanks

Jeff

Very much a "to each his own" but I am big on autos. I personally do not like Glock but it has earned a rep as a dead reliable pistol in any model. I used to keep one or 2, 5 shot .38's for carry when I did not wish to carry my "normal" carry gun. I long ago went to small auto in 9mm. The main reason is what I call the "drug zombies". It is becoming more and more common to see shootings where these guys are dead but still standing up. They soak up multiple rounds but the brain is not getting the message that they are dead. Probably never happen to me but I just "feel better" with something with more than 5 rounds in it any more.

I too am not a Glock fan.:confused: I recommend you look at the S&W Shield. Better ergonomics, accuracy
and made in the USA. :D:D:D For a small 9mm they are surprisingly pleasant to shoot.;)
The 2.0s are a nice upgrade.

If you can hit with it.... that' the key!
Follow up shots , double taps, etc.

From .380 up you'l be fine. Pick a good round and work with it.

These are personal decisions and only you can decide what you are comfortable with. For me, and while ease of concealment is great, I would never want to have to bet my life on a reduced capacity, short sight radius, single stack sub compact. That just isn't a gun that I want to fight with and particularly with all the shenanigans going on in our world lately. As a BUG, sure. Great choice. But not as a primary weapon.

But this isn't my decision. If you're comfortable with 6+1 9mm rounds out of a tiny sub compact, go for it. Glock is always a good choice from a quality perspective.

I'm moving from my beloved XD45 to a Shield 9mm for a similar reason. XD holds 5x1. Shield is 8x1 but I have a mag extension so it's 10X1. Plan is to carry with the standard 7X1 and use the 10 as my extra.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top