JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Makes you wonder...
...how many times was that POS turned down when attempting to buy, but wasn't checked out/flagged for investigation of his rejected BGCs?
The media is reporting that he bought 4 guns in 4 years in 2 states. Does that mean he tried 4 times and passed each one?...or, did he try many times, in several States, and managed to fall through the cracks twice in 2 States?

Last Edited:
How long before the press starts to label the good guy with a gun as the second shooter? Also very interested in the type of firearm used as well.

How long before the press starts to label the good guy with a gun as the second shooter? Also very interested in the type of firearm used as well.

The only mention of the gun used by the good guy I've found so far said it was a shotgun. Considering how he engaged the bad guy, I have a feeling a bolt gun or semi-auto rifle is much more likely. I imagine we'll get some solid info on this soon.

The only mention of the gun used by the good guy I've found so far said it was a shotgun. Considering how he engaged the bad guy, I have a feeling a bolt gun or semi-auto rifle is much more likely. I imagine we'll get some solid info on this soon.
Read an article in the failing New York Times that indicated it was a rifle and identified him as a sharpshooter, no military affiliation...

Shooter was dishonorably discharged for domestic violence it seems.
So twice over this guy couldn't legally own a gun...
It's nice to know that some civilian would rise to the occasion and commit themselves to their civic duty of thwarting such evil in their community.

Too bad it's just being used as fuel for gun control legislation, too soon honestly.

My condolences to the victims and their families.

If the whole church was carrying then this probably would be a much different story. Even half would be better then a whole load of people crowded in a place with no exits to get too quickly.

My wife doesn't insinuate that I might be a little over prepared at times anymore...

Not one single place is it written that one has to be a doormat for God... EVER !

If you want peace, then prepare and be ready for war, and if the day comes when war arrives cowboy up and start stompin' mudholes in the enemy's guts at all costs until they're dead or surrender. You can mourn for the dead when it's over.

:mad:
Si vis pacem para bellum...

His court martial was in 2012 prior to being interred for one year and then discharged in 2014. This predates the AR556, which is what we see in the actual FB photo, so he clearly broke the law when he purchased the rifle.
He did not.........the only problem was the Domestic Violence charge was not recorded into the FBI data base. Sounds like a bureaucratic problem to me.........and no one has said what the actual charge was in the court martial. It may not have been domestic abuse even though it is what caused the charge. Could have been some obscure law like conduct unbecoming that wouldn't trigger the Domestic abuse rule.

Last Edited:
YES.......
Form 4473, questions:

11c) "Have you ever been convicted in any court of a felony, or any other crime for which the judge could have imprisoned you for more than one year, even if you received a shorter sentence including probation?

11g) "Have you been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions?"

11i) "Have you ever been convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence? "

"I understand that a person who answers "yes" to any of the questions 11.b. through 11.i and/or 12.b. through 12.c. is prohibited from purchasing or receiving a firearm."

He was prohibited three ways.

Like those tards know the difference between a shotgun and a rifle.

Form 4473, questions:

11c) "Have you ever been convicted in any court of a felony, or any other crime for which the judge could have imprisoned you for more than one year, even if you received a shorter sentence including probation?

11g) "Have you been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions?"

11i) "Have you ever been convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence? "

"I understand that a person who answers "yes" to any of the questions 11.b. through 11.i and/or 12.b. through 12.c. is prohibited from purchasing or receiving a firearm."

He was prohibited three ways.

You mean a mass murderer lied on his 4473? You just can't believe anyone these days.

"The gunman in Sunday's mass shooting at a church in rural Texas was not legally eligible to buy firearms and had been denied a state gun permit, Gov. Greg Abbott (R) said Monday."

Texas Gov. Abbot: Gunman was denied gun permit

I'm only now getting up to speed on this story, having been running around all day, but it seems Gov. Abbot is being a bit disingenuous in saying the shooter was denied a gun permit as if that is all we need to know, because in the story itself it is stated that Texas law allows for the purchase of a gun without a permit (because that's our 2A right), but that he was denied a permit to "carry" which to my ear sounds like a concealed carry permit. With respect to the Governor: "So what?"

We need more information and I hate it when people jump in with their agenda before all the facts are in. Sure, Governor Abbot, he was denied a carry permit, but that doesn't mean squat when we're talking about what actually happened, so why do you feel the need to squawk that noise? It is completely irrelevant to the situation.

To be clear, I'm not saying there should be new regulations for gun purchases. What I am saying is everyone with authority and/or a megaphone needs to shut their yap until we actually KNOW something of value.

Now I may be completely off base on this; like I said I'm only getting up to speed now, but this is my knee-jerk reaction to politicians spouting off with (what appear to be) irrelevancies… perhaps it's just because I hate with a fiery passion all politicians, even the one's I vote for.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews