JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
its official mainstream media news now, good guy with a gun stopped the attack.
Texas church shooting: Resident shot back and pursued gunman

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Neighbor who watched shooting unfold says gunman unloaded at least 6 clips on church

KSAT said:
Neighbor who watched shooting unfold says gunman unloaded at least 6 clips on church

Fred Curnow said he heard gunfire around 11:20 a.m. on Sunday. Being a gun owner himself, he said recognized the sounds and initially didn't think anything of it but when the rapid fire didn't stop he became concerned.
//Snip//
Curnow said the gunman, //Snip// "kept unloading clip after clip." He said Kelley went to a white SUV to reload his assault rifle, then went into the church where Curnow estimates Kelley unloaded another three clips of ammo.
//snip//
Curnow said he heard gunfire coming from a second gun and realized that it was his neighbor returning fire on Kelley, causing Kelley to drop his own rifle, get into the white SUV and speed away from the scene.

At least someone had the sense to do something instead of just watching the show..........

Ray

I admit I am no biblical scholar - I cannot quote chapter and verse - but I do remember reading that if one has a cloak and no sword he was urged to sell the cloak and buy a sword, and to keep it ready if he needed it. Yesterday's sword is today's pistol.
Jesus also said that two swords were enough. Him telling them to get swords was to fulfill prophecy (Isaiah 53:9-12). That being said, it isn't said to not defend yourself.

I admit I am no biblical scholar - I cannot quote chapter and verse - but I do remember reading that if one has a cloak and no sword he was urged to sell the cloak and buy a sword, and to keep it ready if he needed it. Yesterday's sword is today's pistol.

That most churches, pastors, and priests gloss over this or pay it no heed is sad. I am far from perfect and could be godlier and more adherant to the book but it bothers me that seemingly most churches prefer pacifism or outright antigun / antiprotection dogma. God will protect - no, he hill not - not in the way they think anyway. God gave man free will and the ability to reason. He guides gently but has not since biblical times directly intervened in mankinds affairs - and he is not going to do so anytime soon.

Churches and temples do not have force fields or pacifism shrouds or magical protections. Real life is not a Highlander movie where holy ground is sacred and battle cannot be waged upon it. It is up to man to defend his church as much as his own home, and his fellow worshipers as his own family.

The pastors, preachers, priests and parrishners all need to take an honest look at the world and do what is right. No church, school, park or store should ever become a slaughterhouse. But until we change course of society and of our government nothing will change. Moral, familial decay is and has erroded our society to a point where human life means nothing, there is little actual concern for others save for quips on twitter after an event, and "family values" and "common sense" and "common decency" are gone.

Perverts, psychopaths and sociopaths occupy power positions and continue to errode and assault traditional American values through the educational indoctrination of our kids, through social slavery via welfare systems, by brainwashing adults via mass media and of course filling encyclopedias with laws to crush and curtail freedoms. No sane man or woman can survive in the power structure it seems and nor are they attracted to it.

The solution to the plague of mass killings like this is complex but simple and it begins with rebuilding of the family unit, rebuilding the education system with a focus on learning facts and not political indoctrination, taking a broken window law enforcement approach as a nation, dismantling of the welfare system, and rebuilding the American economy and businesses to drive it - which could allow and encourage a return of traditional two parent, one income households, encourage young women not to become single teenage parents, encorage young men not to make babies and leave the mothers, encourage young men especially not to become thugs and criminals, provide plenty of opportunity to make a good life and usher in a new age of American prosperity and responsibility that has not been seen in my lifetime.

I believe the answer to solving the problem of violence like we saw today, like is seen every day in Chicago, DC, Detroit etc is in there. Its a mixture of it all. Our anything goes, no responsibility culture of wealthy poor people is certainly not helping abd I think is the leading factor behind these despicable acts.

The milennials - which seem to be the group that spawns most of these killers of late - are a drugged generation - a LOT grew up taking mood/behavioural altering drugs. Depression seems far higher among that group. Violent psychotic breaks seem to happen more. Look at the typical mass shooter - young men with diagnosed mental illnesses and supposed to be on some nasty mood altering drugs - drugs which have a laundry list of side effects among which are violent tendencies. I do not think drugs are the answer for most kids problems - some yes, most no. Especially the "ADD" or "ADHD" crowd.

Parental involvement, parental interaction, and parental supervision would go a long way there, plus finding outlets for the kids energies and finding the right learning style to help succeed. Maybe lead to less aggression, less depression and more well adjusted adults. No more participation trophy BS either. Children need to learn to cope with loss and failure early on in order to properly handle it as adults. They also need to learn how to properly deal with success.

Parents need to be parents first to their children and not try to be friends. That comes later if you did your job right raising them. Too many kids grew up not hearing "No" often enough. They turn into complete $#!7$ as adults if they do not get what they want. See Antifa for prime example.

Kids do not have proper role models. Parents should be #1 role models. But then you have tarlet celebs and horrible politicians constantly paraded by the media - these are what kids see and aspire to be. Milennials grew up with Clinton as top politician. They saw stars like Miley Cyrus and Brittany Spears taking up the torch where Madonna left off and hit the gas for the cliff now they worship train wrecks like the Kardashian clowns fools like Justin Bieber (still waiting fir that turd to be deported - he far surpassed the bar for deportation years ago.)

And technology has of course helped things along. We are slaves to electronic toys and instantaneous 24 hour news and gossip cycles. CNN TMZ and FOX are the epitome of "journalism" - they don't even pretend to be unbiased anymore.

Parents don't control enough of the media their kids consume. Kids see celebs being retards and want to emulate it. They see people doing horrible things and emulate it. Uninvolved parents cannot give direction to their childs moral compass.

We have a crisis in our country - but it is not a gun crisis, it is a moral crisis and horrific violence is more of the product / result of it and not he cause. Until we can fix the issues that lead to the loss of morality we cannot hope to fix the issue of violence, because as a society we refuse to acknowledge the real problems. Until then we as responsible adults can only prepare ourselves for the next occurance and the next occurance and pray it does not hit us or our loved ones.
:s0101:

This!!!! Read this again, this is the root cause for these events, the moral decay of American Society...

imageuploadedbygun-and-game1393898564-885932-jpg.jpg

He bought the rifle himself from an Academy Sports & Outdoors in 2016. If he did have a bad conduct discharge instead of dishonorable, he still served 12 months time for domestic violence (which is a dis-qualifier), so how did he get it?

Is it Academy's fault, or whoever messed up the background check?

I feel for the families if it was my spouse or my daughter or my son I would be devastated and want this man gone but they said it was the biggest mass shooting that Texas has ever had what about Waco the ATF the police killed more people It's just sad that even through tragedy the people on the higher-up Chain can't even be honest

That most churches, pastors, and priests gloss over this or pay it no heed is sad. I am far from perfect and could be godlier and more adherant to the book but it bothers me that seemingly most churches prefer pacifism or outright antigun / antiprotection dogma. God will protect - no, he hill not - not in the way they think anyway. God gave man free will and the ability to reason. He guides gently but has not since biblical times directly intervened in mankinds affairs - and he is not going to do so anytime soon.

Churches and temples do not have force fields or pacifism shrouds or magical protections. Real life is not a Highlander movie where holy ground is sacred and battle cannot be waged upon it. It is up to man to defend his church as much as his own home, and his fellow worshipers as his own family.

The pastors, preachers, priests and parrishners all need to take an honest look at the world and do what is right. No church, school, park or store should ever become a slaughterhouse. But until we change course of society and of our government nothing will change. Moral, familial decay is and has erroded our society to a point where human life means nothing, there is little actual concern for others save for quips on twitter after an event, and "family values" and "common sense" and "common decency" are gone.

Perverts, psychopaths and sociopaths occupy power positions and continue to errode and assault traditional American values through the educational indoctrination of our kids, through social slavery via welfare systems, by brainwashing adults via mass media and of course filling encyclopedias with laws to crush and curtail freedoms. No sane man or woman can survive in the power structure it seems and nor are they attracted to it.

The solution to the plague of mass killings like this is complex but simple and it begins with rebuilding of the family unit, rebuilding the education system with a focus on learning facts and not political indoctrination, taking a broken window law enforcement approach as a nation, dismantling of the welfare system, and rebuilding the American economy and businesses to drive it - which could allow and encourage a return of traditional two parent, one income households, encourage young women not to become single teenage parents, encorage young men not to make babies and leave the mothers, encourage young men especially not to become thugs and criminals, provide plenty of opportunity to make a good life and usher in a new age of American prosperity and responsibility that has not been seen in my lifetime.

I believe the answer to solving the problem of violence like we saw today, like is seen every day in Chicago, DC, Detroit etc is in there. Its a mixture of it all. Our anything goes, no responsibility culture of wealthy poor people is certainly not helping abd I think is the leading factor behind these despicable acts.

The milennials - which seem to be the group that spawns most of these killers of late - are a drugged generation - a LOT grew up taking mood/behavioural altering drugs. Depression seems far higher among that group. Violent psychotic breaks seem to happen more. Look at the typical mass shooter - young men with diagnosed mental illnesses and supposed to be on some nasty mood altering drugs - drugs which have a laundry list of side effects among which are violent tendencies. I do not think drugs are the answer for most kids problems - some yes, most no. Especially the "ADD" or "ADHD" crowd.

Parental involvement, parental interaction, and parental supervision would go a long way there, plus finding outlets for the kids energies and finding the right learning style to help succeed. Maybe lead to less aggression, less depression and more well adjusted adults. No more participation trophy BS either. Children need to learn to cope with loss and failure early on in order to properly handle it as adults. They also need to learn how to properly deal with success.

Parents need to be parents first to their children and not try to be friends. That comes later if you did your job right raising them. Too many kids grew up not hearing "No" often enough. They turn into complete $#!7$ as adults if they do not get what they want. See Antifa for prime example.

Kids do not have proper role models. Parents should be #1 role models. But then you have tarlet celebs and horrible politicians constantly paraded by the media - these are what kids see and aspire to be. Milennials grew up with Clinton as top politician. They saw stars like Miley Cyrus and Brittany Spears taking up the torch where Madonna left off and hit the gas for the cliff now they worship train wrecks like the Kardashian clowns fools like Justin Bieber (still waiting fir that turd to be deported - he far surpassed the bar for deportation years ago.)

And technology has of course helped things along. We are slaves to electronic toys and instantaneous 24 hour news and gossip cycles. CNN TMZ and FOX are the epitome of "journalism" - they don't even pretend to be unbiased anymore.

Parents don't control enough of the media their kids consume. Kids see celebs being retards and want to emulate it. They see people doing horrible things and emulate it. Uninvolved parents cannot give direction to their childs moral compass.

We have a crisis in our country - but it is not a gun crisis, it is a moral crisis and horrific violence is more of the product / result of it and not he cause. Until we can fix the issues that lead to the loss of morality we cannot hope to fix the issue of violence, because as a society we refuse to acknowledge the real problems. Until then we as responsible adults can only prepare ourselves for the next occurance and the next occurance and pray it does not hit us or our loved ones.

Psalm 144:1

I feel for the families if it was my spouse or my daughter or my son I would be devastated and want this man gone but they said it was the biggest mass shooting that Texas has ever had what about Waco the ATF the police killed more people It's just sad that even through tragedy the people on the higher-up Chain can't even be honest

With the current media, BEFORE never happened. Before is anything from before now. They are to lazy to even goggle it. I get the fact that the news outlets need to have the biggest stories now. Can't have a story from 20 years ago have a bigger body count. I was just watching some scripted banter from two talking heads about 3am. It's so controlled.

There are no tragedies any more just opportunities for the media and politicians. I don't have cable TV but I do have satellite radio in my truck. I get to hear TV news instead of watching it in my vehicle and that is much different. With TV news there is so little real verbal information (I understand it's a visual medium) but that's no excuse. They just flash a picture of something sad or a 30 sec loop.

The name of the JA that handed him the rifle...Academy will be a civil suit IMO because they certainly must have rules that follow federal law (unless Holder is running guns to the cartel).

Rogue employee; perhaps a friend?
Its possible the Air Force took forever to tell the FBI he was convicted of domestic violence, and then forgot.

No one ever said our government was a competent one.

Not a story I wanted to wake up to and read today. ( Or any day )
For those who were wounded I hope for a swift recovery.
For the families of the slain , No words can express the pain you feel or the sorrow for the loss of your loved ones. May you soon find the peace to work through your grief.

As for me I am sick of reading stories like this.
I am falling more and more into the camp of " I really don't care about your "No gun policy" , I want to stay safe."
Long past time to start re-thinking about a plan for me and my workplace....

Regarding laws and bans , no law can prevent crime, no ban can stop violence.
It really is that simple.
What some laws and bans can do however , is prevent law abiding folks from defending themselves.
Again a simple , yet sad "real world" effect of laws and bans.
Andy

This is why I keep advocating for a smaller government... Let the people defend themselves. Eventually they'll figure it out and do a better job.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top