JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If it is illegal to carry into a church, the law is unconstitutional as it conflicts with the separation of church from state.

As long a murder or kidnapping and rape isn't involved the state has no business in churches. Also, any religion has no business directly influencing the state. To say otherwise is a blatant contradiction to our constitution and freedom.

Side trip here, sorry folks:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

That's plain English right there; just like the second amendment. Separation was a concept established by idiot Supremes ruling from the bench; just like always. They have ruined a good experiment. Too bad our forefathers did not have more foresight about judges and Congress, but hey, they couldn't micromanage everything.

To be sure, government has no business involving itself in church matters, ie marriage, gay marriage, religious holidays, etc. But that's just my two cents.

But tell me, what religion is influencing the state?

You and I are responsible for electing politicians that decided to close our state run mental health facilities that used to be the means to control and treat people like this in a locked down environment BEFORE they went off the rails completely. We listened to those politicians who promised us tax cuts and balanced budgets by ending these programs and we elected them. Yes, it is on us.
Rosenhan experiment - Wikipedia

I just read that today after someone posted the link elsewhere. Completely different context of conversation. But I thought it held some relevance to what is currently being discussed.

Now in this particular shooting I think there was a lot of fumbling going on. The Airforce should have been on top of this and they weren't. Ultimate blame is on the terrorist or whatever they are labeling this guy. But the Military should have caught this. From all accounts the guy was deranged.

All of this to say there are systems in place and they didn't work. Plus if you read about the experiment I posted above the system is not even close to infallible.

You and I are responsible for electing politicians that decided to close our state run mental health facilities that used to be the means to control and treat people like this in a locked down environment BEFORE they went off the rails completely. We listened to those politicians who promised us tax cuts and balanced budgets by ending these programs and we elected them. Yes, it is on us.
And here's another example of why it's on us:

"PORTLAND, Ore. (KATU) - The man accused of trying to stab someone with scissors in Downtown Portland on Sunday told officers that Taylor Swift "told me to kill him," a court document states."

<broken link removed>

"PORTLAND, Ore. (KATU) - The man accused of trying to stab someone with scissors in Downtown Portland on Sunday told officers that Taylor Swift "told me to kill him," a court document states."

<broken link removed>
Are you talking about deinstitutionalization in the 70s and 80s? Sorry dude, I had nothing to do with that. Wasn't even alive when that ball got rolling.
I really have no desire to argue. It sounds like we're in agreement that crazy people shouldn't be wandering the streets. I just won't accept blame for something that was in no way my fault.

Are you talking about deinstitutionalization in the 70s and 80s? Sorry dude, I had nothing to do with that. Wasn't even alive when that ball got rolling.
I really have no desire to argue. It sounds like we're in agreement that crazy people shouldn't be wandering the streets. I just won't accept blame for something that was in no way my fault.
Sorry, not blaming you personally. But our society and our government (meaning we the voters) need to correct this situation, and if I end up paying $25 more per year in state taxes to keep dangerously crazy people off the streets then I don't have a problem with that. It means I'm much more likely to be able to keep my guns in years to come.

I don't buy that it's my fault cause a lying sack of crap politician (likely a lawyer) took advantage of me--In fact that's just one good reason to bring back dueling--Don't you
realize that the law dispensed with dueling because of lawyers in the first place likely
to make us more 'civilized' --just another polite word for 'able to be screwed over and not mind so much':eek:
Wasn't the layers that were most active in dueling?

<broken link removed>

Sorry, I'm just not seeing how it's my fault that someone else took advantage of Us--Also the IRS will allow You to donate as much as you'd like

Last Edited:
we are all somewhat responsible for the community we create around us, or at least, that is the idea behind a community.

Participation is of course not mandatory, but the way I see it, its kind of like voting. If you don't vote, you don't get much room to whine and complain about who actual voters elect. Same thing about your community, if you don't support it, you don't have much of a right to criticize it, and how it operates without you. Even shooting lanes, its not our fault they get trashed, but if we all pitch in, the effort is increased exponentially.

That said, I still have no idea how to help all the crazies out there, I just know it will take a very large collective effort.

Follow up:

<broken link removed>

""Devin was sick. He lost who he was. Because the real Devin would've never hurt babies. He was a family person. He would never have hurt anybody. He lost touch of reality," Danielle said."

Follow up:

<broken link removed>

""Devin was sick. He lost who he was. Because the real Devin would've never hurt babies. He was a family person. He would never have hurt anybody. He lost touch of reality," Danielle said."
I can't understand this. The guy is telling his wife he loves her and then goes and murders a bunch of people. Then calls his family afterwards and says how sorry he is. Makes no sense.

Sick.

Follow up:

<broken link removed>

That woman is delusional: "the real Devin would've never hurt babies.................." Uhm, even before the shooting, he showed a propensity for hurting babies, specifically when he fractured the skull of his toddler stepson.

Dumb bi.......

Ray

People tell themselves all kinds of lies when reality is difficult.

Seems to me if the lawyers had been most active in dueling
then there wouldn't be so many of them crapping up our lives today--
might be a good time for a lawyer purge
I would totally be down with de-extinction of tyrannosaurs on a Costa Rican island, then moving the Bar Association's national convention there... :D

tumblr_m8qepqb14D1qa5y6mo1_500.gif

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads