JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Tucker Carlson was fired today from Fox News. He was a reliable source for financial news and had been talking about the dollar a lot.

As the man with the highest ratings in the news it's obvious they fired him for speaking the truth.

Frankly, it's a pretty bad sign for our economy.

Tucker is pro gun.

Interest rates are up, but banks are not paying jack, so we moved some money into 4 month T-Bills. My wife loves the fact that profits are not taxable by the State of Oregon.
There are some 5% CD rates I have seen, but they are taxable.

I may invest in some tax free bonds when I start taking RMDs, but initially I will just do a transfer in kind to the same funds, but in a taxable account - if the investments are doing ok. If I understand it correctly and Congress doesn't start taxing unrealized gains, then I won't be taxed on the earnings until I take them out.

If Congress does start taxing unrealized gains, then you can expect to see people moving $ out of the country - although, Congress is talking about taxing that or disallowing that too. It all kind of goes along with the tracking of funds.

Tucker Carlson was fired today from Fox News. He was a reliable source for financial news and had been talking about the dollar a lot.

As the man with the highest ratings in the news it's obvious they fired him for speaking the truth.

Frankly, it's a pretty bad sign for our economy.

Tucker is pro gun.
Maybe if enough people stop watching FoxNews at once, they will re-hire Tucker. But I won't hold my breath....The clouds above are getting darker, a storm is coming. Stay awake..and safe.

Maybe if enough people stop watching FoxNews at once, they will re-hire Tucker. But I won't hold my breath....The clouds above are getting darker, a storm is coming. Stay awake..and safe.
A lot is coming this way but the net has become so controlled that we won't see it until it's too late. To fire Tucker when he has the largest audience ever shows a real clampdown on the truth. In my opinion from here on out there isn't any news I can trust.

A lot is coming this way but the net has become so controlled that we won't see it until it's too late. To fire Tucker when he has the largest audience ever shows a real clampdown on the truth. In my opinion from here on out there isn't any news I can trust.
I agree, it doesn't make sense from a business point of view, to let go the host of the most watched show on cable news (unless he murdered someone over the weekend).
Alot of people were watching Fox mainly because of Tucker's segment. The threats against the network or it's owners must've been so great, and outweigh the real competitive advantage and the viewership dominance Fox have on the market because of him.
On a more sinister note, it's possible that we are played from different angles, including Fox i.e. bad cop-good cop, and Tucker was presenting more truth that they were comfortable with, especially since he had the potential to influence the perception and decision making of millions of people who are hungry for real news, truth, and leadership.
My hunch is that since he was very vocal against CBDC's, he was perceived as a great threat by helping create widespread public resistance against the implementation of their imminent financial reset.

Here's a crash .
1682389827243.png

Knowing that all this what seems like more and more negative crap is happening more and more, really looking for a little sunshine in Portland this weekend. Might head off to Seaside Friday for some biking and strolling around. "Surviving the Crash" or pre-crash means taking care of one's self well being. A pocket full of cash and enjoy using it while I still can.

There are a number of ways to pay very low taxes on retirement fund income. The most common is to contribute to tax-deferred funds and then pay taxes later when your income is low. If you take out funds as a lump sum, you will most likely pay at a higher rate because your income will be higher.

My current income (mostly SS benes) is about 25% of what it was before I retired, and most of it is not taxable - indeed, if I don't pull anything from my IRAs, none of my income is taxable. Last year I moved just enough from my regular IRA to my Roth IRA to windup paying less than 1% tax on my income. I will repeat that yearly until I have to do RMDs (probably not this year though as I will probably have a large chunk of income from the sale of my property).

Moving $ from my IRA to my Roth IRA means that I pay no taxes on any earnings in my Roth IRA when I withdraw $ from it.

I've paid considerable $ to the gov over the decades so I am not going to be shy about any way I can legally pay less now.
I pretty much have the same plan…I recently retired and am trying to keep my taxable income down as much as possible. Knowing my luck, the government will find a way to mess it up…Start taxing assets or just decide to seize assets thru a bank/ stockbroker, bankruptcies

Anyone else think the our government/ world economy knows that a collapse is coming and have no way to stop it.
They are not trying to stop it. They are doing everything possible on every level to start it. In order to install their new global governance and have everyone accept it with open arms the current system must be trashed. We don't live in a Clown World now by random occurrence.

Knowing that all this what seems like more and more negative crap is happening more and more, really looking for a little sunshine in Portland this weekend. Might head off to Seaside Friday for some biking and strolling around. "Surviving the Crash" or pre-crash means taking care of one's self well being. A pocket full of cash and enjoy using it while I still can.
Burt G, now that sounds like a well made plan. A pocket full of cash and have a good time while a guy can. Think I'll follow your lead on that plan. I recently retired and don't like what I'm seeing either. Planned for years to retire but you just can't plan well enough for these Crackpots we now have running this ever changing show.

I pretty much have the same plan…I recently retired and am trying to keep my taxable income down as much as possible. Knowing my luck, the government will find a way to mess it up…Start taxing assets or just decide to seize assets thru a bank/ stockbroker, bankruptcies
The other thing I am trying to do right now is not touch my retirement funds while the market is in the red (as far as I am concerned); I may be in the black as far as my contributions go, but as close as I can figure, I am about $60K down from the peak I was at a year or so ago. So I don't want to pull $ from it when the market value is lower than it had been in the past.

Ideally, since I want these $ to be there mostly for my daughter, I don't want to touch them at all until I pass, but I may have to unless I want to sit at home the rest of my life doing nothing. We'll see.

With this credit score/mortgage "levelling" scheme of Biden's, which goes into effect in a week or two, I expect an ugly impact on mortgages and home sales.

Beautiful day today, I got to the range at 10am and had the main range all to myself for 2 hours. ARPC is the best range in the valley and as a life member it's been great to just get away and have some fun there. Even got diesel fuel on the way home for $3.75 out by the freeway on 34.

Came home and put away my guns and gear then mowed the lawn.

Anyway I set up a light weight AR15 with a Leupold scope and it shot just perfect for me. Put a Burris red dot on top of it and really like it. Was able to hit the 200 yard gong with every shot once I got it sighted in.

How is everybody doing so far in this downturn? I am working more hours than I have in a long time, about 64hrs a week (two jobs). I have largely dodged inflation at the grocery stores with my regular cheapskate shopping prowess and free food given to me. Private party firearm related deals have been amazing and I have bought way too many over the last several months.

If I wasn't paying attention to the news, I would be hard pressed to realize we are in a financial "crash". Am I the only one not suffering financial Armageddon right now.

The other thing I am trying to do right now is not touch my retirement funds while the market is in the red (as far as I am concerned); I may be in the black as far as my contributions go, but as close as I can figure, I am about $60K down from the peak I was at a year or so ago. So I don't want to pull $ from it when the market value is lower than it had been in the past.

Ideally, since I want these $ to be there mostly for my daughter, I don't want to touch them at all until I pass, but I may have to unless I want to sit at home the rest of my life doing nothing. We'll see.

With this credit score/mortgage "levelling" scheme of Biden's, which goes into effect in a week or two, I expect an ugly impact on mortgages and home sales.
Same here I have multiple IRA, 401k accounts and don't want to pull anything out cause it would be taxable
How is everybody doing so far in this downturn? I am working more hours than I have in a long time, about 64hrs a week (two jobs). I have largely dodged inflation at the grocery stores with my regular cheapskate shopping prowess and free food given to me. Private party firearm related deals have been amazing and I have bought way too many over the last several months.

If I wasn't paying attention to the news, I would be hard pressed to realize we are in a financial "crash". Am I the only one not suffering financial Armageddon right now.
Doing good here I realigned financially for the downturn a couple of years ago I recently retired, not planning on taking any retirement funds as long as I can because that would be taxable income, signed up for medical / dental insurance this week I'm actually starting to think about looking for bargains at the grocery store instead of just grabbing what I want regardless of price

Status

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Oregon Arms Collectors June 2024 Gun Show
  • Portland, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top