JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
FITS IN A BACK PACK VERY EASILY, BREAKS DOWN FITS IN THE BUTT SECTION.THEY ARE CHEAP ENOUGH .I HAVE ONE AND AM GETTING ANOTHER FOR THE TOOL BOX OF THE 4X4 JUST IN CASE.....

http://www.henryrepeating.com/h002_survival.cfm

The latest Henry AR7's are nowhere near as nice as the first ones they put out, the latest model has a plastic barrel with a thin metal liner among other cost cutting features. How low is your serial number?

The add says 245.00 msrp if you shop around 175-190 is the going price..
mine is not a henrys ,yet it is about 30+ yrs old and still shoots staight as an arrow.Both my boys learned with it when they were 7-8 yrs old.They are know 21 and 16 darn im gettin old. ;)

The latest Henry AR7's are nowhere near as nice as the first ones they put out, the latest model has a plastic barrel with a thin metal liner among other cost cutting features. How low is your serial number?

Is this what they describe as "a steel barrel that is covered in a tough ABS plastic and then coated in Teflon"?

I think that it probably costs more to coat the barrel in plastic and teflon, then to actually make a fully metal barrel. It seems like a common practice to save weight these days. Just look at carbon .22 barrels, or the ruger LCR.

:s0155:

From the wikipedia entry on the AR-7:

Armalite sold the design to Charter Arms in 1973. According to some accounts posted by enthusiasts, this is where quality began to deteriorate.[6] Barrels were said to have a tendency to warp. Other sources state that the first production at Charter had problems which were corrected in later production runs.[2] Since Charter Arms sold the design and rights to Henry Repeating Arms in 1980, the Henry AR-7 has regained a reputation for reliability.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AR-7

When those first came out they floated as well. Like the add says the original purpose it was designed for pilots for survival,not for longevity.

I have the Marlin Papoose and a Survival arms ar7 explorer looks like it has an aftermarket Mitchel Arms telescoping rail type stock and a shroud added to the barell, both are same purpose type.

I actually handled one of these today. They seem to be decently built for what they actually are. The steel in the barrel is pretty thick (thicker than most of the lined barrels I've seen), so I don't know why the bothered doing the plastic coating, instead of just adding a tiny bit more steel.

But a neat gun none-the-less, and for reference, the one I found was $249.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top