JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a few nuisance animals (snakes, birds) hanging around my home, don't worry, none are a protected class. I will soon have my Silencerco Hybrid and I have already picked up a threaded 9mm barrel. Has anyone ever shot CCI bird shot through a suppressor? I live out of the city but have neighbors who live within 1,000 feet. I have small kids and occasionally a rattler decides to warm itself on the rocks behind the house. My initial gut feeling was not to risk it, but after looking at what's being used for 12ga suppressors part of me thinks it will be just fine.

Any thoughts?

If it isn't listed as a rated round for the Hybrid, it would likely void the warrantee if you used birdshot.

On the other hand, you could try 1 round then disassemble the can and see what if anything happened.

12ga is smooth bore and the shot stays in the wad a long time after exiting the muzzle, so the muffler works ok. The rifled 9mm barrel will most likely have a very different outcome. The 45/410 pistols seem to scatter shot pretty quickly and that will probably gobble up a can most riki tik.

Do not use any type of bird shot though pistol or rifle suppressors. Doing so will not only void any warranty but will also cause damage to baffles and potentially lead to baffle strikes and bodily harm.

IMG_3495.jpg

This rod kit with the wads for shot shell is what makes it work any other silencer will be destroyed and possibly cause you and others serious injuries.

Buy a BB/pellet gun that has a magnetic bolt, pump it to it's max, drop 4 more BBs (whatever the magnet will hold, more if you're shooting upwards) and quietly blast away. I've dispatched my share of rattlers and other nuisances over the years using a
Daisy mod. 35...Cost around $30.
practice on 2ltr soda bottles, BBs will enter the bottle, spin around inside but not exit... you can re-use the practice ammo if you want.
I would agree. An air rifle is WAY better plus it doesn't sound like a suppressed firearms and won't freak people out. Be careful in city limits though as it is technically illegal to hunt any animal in the city.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top