JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought a rugged radiant at Curts Discount. They have a good selection and a silencer shop kiosk which makes it a breeze. Hard part is the wait. Checked cashed November 4 getting anxious.

An important question to ask every single dealer is what their charge is to hold the suppressor once your paperwork goes to the BATFE. Some can be 3 figures, some can be 2. This is a fee that you will pay when you come to pick up your can and stamp.

While Silencershop is the easiest way to buy a suppressor, they do not carry all brands and models. Best to check there first, then Hanson Brothers.

A local dealer can, at some times, have a can that has sat on the shelf for a long time and you might get a pretty good price for it. Maybe not during these crazy times... You never know though. Sometimes it happens.

Though, right now, cans are selling as fast as guns are, and most online dealers are having a hard time keeping anything in stock.

Prices are actually going up too due to demand. Cans I bought only 3-4 months ago are a few hundred more now than then. Bought a Salvo for 550, some reason it's now 800-1000 depending on model on Silencershop... If even in stock.

If you cant wait, or want to use stimulus money go for it now!

If you can wait, I'd say hold off till more models come available and perhaps the prices go down due to lack of demand.

@Sporting Systems up in Washington sells a bunch. I'd be curious to hear Dan's thoughts on supply?

Also, silencershop will back order virtually anything. Even if it doesn't say it on their website. You must call in your order. You'll have to wait for it to come in stock to then do your paperwork, but it is a way to guarantee you will get one of the next batch they get in. Good way to get a popular model, like virtually any YHM product.

If there's a local dealer that has what you want, or will order you what you want, sometimes that's a better way to go. I do like SilencerShop, but make sure any local dealer isn't tacking on their own fees for processing. Most may anyway, but some won't. When I bought a couple cans through Threat Dynamics, I didn't pay the extra processing. However, when I had a Class III item sent to them, I did pay a fee for their handling/paperwork/processing.

Talk to Steve at Adaptive Firing Solutions. He can order just about whatever you want. He is very knowledgeable and can help you understand what you'll need for each firearm.

I have a few cans and an integral barrel in limbo and I don't remember him stating there was a charge for storage.

An important question to ask every single dealer is what their charge is to hold the suppressor once your paperwork goes to the BATFE. Some can be 3 figures, some can be 2. This is a fee that you will pay when you come to pick up your can and stamp.

Any dealer charging a parking fee while I wait for ATF approval will NOT get my businesses.

Talk to Steve at Adaptive Firing Solutions. He can order just about whatever you want. He is very knowledgeable and can help you understand what you'll need for each firearm.

I have a few cans and an integral barrel in limbo and I don't remember him stating there was a charge for storage.

+1

Steve is a good guy. He stop by our office the other to drop off a threaded barrel for one of the guys. Everytime someone would walk in from the shop or outside you'd hear, "Hey Steve, How's it going" or What's up." There's something like 6 or 7 here of us that have used him at one time of another.

Steve at Adaptive Firing Solutions is friendly, knowledgeable, and works with you to find what you need.

I had an understanding of suppressors at a very basic level. I had lots of questions. I was going to burn up a lot of time talking to somebody.
The only places that were willing to spend time with me to address those things were Steve/Adaptive Firing Solutions and the staff at Sporting Systems. I stopped in at Curts and was treated as if i was interrupting their day.
I had made the decision to buy suppressors. My only issue was to find who i was going to leave my money with. Curts lost out on $2k+ sale and lost all future business from me.

Sporting Systems earned my money but there was additional expense transferring from WA to OR.

That is when i found Steve/Adaptive Firing Solutions.
He answered my email inquiry, scheduled a phone call, then scheduled a shop visit. After i was settled on what i needed to purchase we did the paperwork.
Subsequently i have made a few private transfers with Steve.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads