JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes or a bat or a fork or a hammer or a bong or a bowling ball or a pool cue or a sex toy or a kitchen knife or a toaster cord or a bible or a picture of your grandma or a plunger or a bb gun or a what ever else is in your hand when you need it!!

Personally I think its asking for trouble. You dont want to look like a "gun nut" if something goes sideways. A revolver or a basic shotgun will pass scrutiny but you off the crook with a UZI with a can it will be a media circus. It shouldn't matter, but it probably would.

Why should I go deaf in defense of my life and my loved ones.
I owned the cans, they're legally bought and paid for.
You could say the same thing about not using night sights, or laser grips.

I'm not saying its right, Im just saying its probably the way it is. And really I think a Glock with night sights will play a bit different than a SBR with a can

You know those stories you here about where they found the arsenal and the massive stockpile of ammo that consisted of three rifles, a BB gun and 500 rounds of .22LR? Every time I see one of those I am sickened. The guy with the gun is almost always the bad guy by the time the media is done.

Its yours and its your risk to take. If it goes down I'll stand behind you and tell everyone who will listen you where totally in the right

Hell I'll even put money put on your books at county so you can buy HO HO's & Ding Dongs while you wait for trial.

Absolutely, my pistol has an Osprey suppressor on it all the time.
In the unlikely event of something going Tango Uniform I'd like to keep my night vision and hearing as best as possible.
Plus, don't want the neighbours calling the police before I've finished cutting up the bodies......

This is a handy setup.
hk 45 with Osprey 003.JPG
Tactical night sights, 500 lumen Surefire and Winchester Ranger ammo.

I have pondered this question as well. All BS propaganda aside I see only positives to the use of a suppressor. But I do understand any reservations one might have about a possible courtroom debacle or media linchmob.

If I could afford one I'd use it. I'm sure a pretty strong case can be had for it's use if necessary.

If a prosecutor wants to label you a gun nut a simple cherry picking of posts from this site would be enough. Easy to take posts out of context to prove a point. If I had a suppressor I'd use it.

Last Edited:
a suppressor does make pistols rather unwieldy. lot of mass swinging off the end of that barrel. plus most semiauto pistols have awful blowback. if you dont have time to put on eye protection you're going to get high velocity unburned powder in the eyes.

i'm thinking a pair of earmuffs next to the gun. no nfa issues and no blowback issues.

In reality the chances of you ever having to pull the trigger on a home defense gun is so microscopic that if you want to have a suppressor on it go ahead. It is likely never ever going to be an issue past the forums you discuss it on.

Can or no can, if you shoot some poor hapless home invader (or two....who are all previously convicted felons) you should have a post-incident plan in place and know how to respond to police when they arrive in their SWAT outfits.

In it's simplest form, the question during the trial is:

"Was the shooter justified?"

If you set up in a bedroom with a locked door, call 9-1-1, and shoot an invader who comes through that door after you, it would be extremely difficult to get convicted.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top