JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1632957522602.png

Several industry groups have warned world leaders of a worldwide supply-chain "system collapse" due to pandemic restrictions, coming as Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell suggested that the current period of higher inflation will last until 2022.

The International Chamber of Shipping, a coalition of truck drivers, seafarers, and airline workers, has warned in a letter to heads of state attending the United Nations General Assembly that governments need to restore freedom of movement to transportation workers amid persistent COVID-19 restrictions and quarantines.

If nothing is done, they warned of a "global transport system collapse" and suggested that "global supply chains are beginning to buckle as two years' worth of strain on transport workers take their toll," according to the letter. It was signed by the International Air Transport Association (IATA), the International Road Transport Union (IRU), and the International Transport Workers' Federation (ITF), which represent some 65 million transport workers around the world.

"All transport sectors are also seeing a shortage of workers, and expect more to leave as a result of the poor treatment millions have faced during the pandemic, putting the supply chain under greater threat," the letter said. "We also ask that WHO and the ILO raise this at the U.N. General Assembly and call on heads of government to take meaningful and swift action to resolve this crisis now," they wrote.

All I know is that I ordered 15000 bullets from Rim rock and 15000 cases from Starline and I got the bullets in a couple weeks while the cases order still shows "processing".

The party says you need to be in front of your telescreen at all times.
I know, and now they are talking about smart toilets with sensors, including optical, that will monitor your waste for infection and other disease...all for your own good of course. Cause apparently Fauci needs to know more than just how much corn you had for dinner.

I know, and now they are talking about smart toilets with sensors, including optical, that will monitor your waste for infection and other disease...all for your own good of course. Cause apparently Fauci needs to know more than just how much corn you had for dinner.
Dave Chappelle predicted the future: Your butthole as an alternate form of ID

I recently interviewed with a large-ish company in the greater PDX region for a position within the supply chain organization. I was told that one of the major strategic initiatives will localizing the supplier base as much as possible to mitigate the future risk to operations. A wise move and I think not uncommon. Hopefully it's not to late already.

I recently interviewed with a large-ish company in the greater PDX region for a position within the supply chain organization. I was told that one of the major strategic initiatives will localizing the supplier base as much as possible to mitigate the future risk to operations. A wise move and I think not uncommon. Hopefully it's not to late already.
Unless it snows in Portland. Doesn't take much to shut it down.

Several industry groups have warned world leaders of a worldwide supply-chain "system collapse" due to pandemic restrictions, coming as Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell suggested that the current period of higher inflation will last until 2022.

The International Chamber of Shipping, a coalition of truck drivers, seafarers, and airline workers, has warned in a letter to heads of state attending the United Nations General Assembly that governments need to restore freedom of movement to transportation workers amid persistent COVID-19 restrictions and quarantines.

If nothing is done, they warned of a "global transport system collapse" and suggested that "global supply chains are beginning to buckle as two years' worth of strain on transport workers take their toll," according to the letter. It was signed by the International Air Transport Association (IATA), the International Road Transport Union (IRU), and the International Transport Workers' Federation (ITF), which represent some 65 million transport workers around the world.

"All transport sectors are also seeing a shortage of workers, and expect more to leave as a result of the poor treatment millions have faced during the pandemic, putting the supply chain under greater threat," the letter said. "We also ask that WHO and the ILO raise this at the U.N. General Assembly and call on heads of government to take meaningful and swift action to resolve this crisis now," they wrote.

Sounds like globalization isn't everything it's cracked up to be. Maybe that Orange feller was right about returning mfg to the US after all?

In addition to actual supply chain issues, I'm starting to see a couple of other things as I go through my daily news feed:
  • Opportunism. One day I was at the Clackamas Costco and the TP was piled sky high. After I got home Mrs. 3M said her phone news feed said Costco was going to limit TP purchases again saying there was a "shortage". I went back the next day to get something at their pharmacy, so I had to check. Sure enough, all the Kirkland was gone and only a small amount of Charmin was left. Guess someone wanted to clear out some inventory and increase sales. Shopping carts and trollys were all jam packed with panickers. My new term is "Plannic shopping". It isn't just Costco, just using this as an example

• The govt is pushing the shortage meme to distract from the runaway inflation. I mean, who is going to complain about high prices if it was hard to get? Not saying that there aren't some real kinks, but just like COVID, government sees this as an opportunity: "never let a crisis go to waste".

Last Edited:
Now you know why our so called centers for higher education spent years and millions of dollars monitoring cow farts.
The global warming impacts of cows are calculated on a global basis and include the global warming impact of logging and burning down the Amazon rainforest to make grazing for livestock. However, no forests are being destroyed to support expanded grazing in the US. It's reported that way to make the impact seem as large as possible and conceal the fact that such a large part of the problem is the Brazilian government not enforcing its laws against illegal road building, logging, burning, and settling in the Amazon.

There are a lot of anti global warming people who would like to force everyone to be vegans. I figure if God didn't want people to eat cows he wouldn't have made them so tasty.

Last Edited:
There are a lot of anti global warming people who would like to force everyone to be vegans. I figure if God didn't want people to eat cows he wouldn't have made them so tasty.
Not to mention that there are entire species that were only spared extinction because they tasted good enough to be worth the effort in domestication and animal-husbandry. (To all you triggered butthurt Snowflakes whinging about "PATRIARCHY," go choke on a cat turd!)

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews