JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There are a lot of anti global warming people who would like to force everyone to be vegans.
Often overlooked. This fact has made me suspicious of writing coming out of the UK; there is a fanatical vegetarian/vegan community there, very vocal, that get their licks in on all sorts of issues (energy, environment, healthcare, land use, etc.) that don't have anything to do with veganism to the average person.

Not to mention that there are entire species that were only spared extinction because they tasted good enough to be worth the effort in domestication and animal-husbandry. (To all you triggered butthurt Snowflakes whinging about "PATRIARCHY," go choke on a cat turd!)
Hey, @Diamondback why the insult? Nobody here was whinging about patriarchy or acting triggered or discussing how they love eating cat turds. Throwing out insults for no reason does not improve the atmosphere. Was the insult aimed at me? If so why? I have never whinged about the patriarchy since I don't consider it a useful representation of reality. And the cat turds were a long time ago and not my fault. I was living in town in Corvallis and had the only vegetable garden in a neighborhood with many cats. Eeeew!

Hey, @Diamondback why the insult? Nobody here was whinging about patriarchy or acting triggered or discussing how they love eating cat turds. Throwing out insults for no reason does not improve the atmosphere. Was the insult aimed at me? If so why? I have never whinged about the patriarchy since I don't consider it a useful representation of reality. And the cat turds were a long time ago and not my fault. I was living in town in Corvallis and had the only vegetable garden in a neighborhood with many cats. Eeeew!
I was referring to the obnoxious types who see oppression in absolutely everything, ma'am. right down to the white of milk and paper; that part was a snarky aside to them only. The main thrust of my comment was intended to support and build on yours regarding these freakshow whackjobs who in a more civilized time would have received the inpatient psychiatric care they so desperately need...

To insult you personally was never my intent, and you have my apologies.

Costco Tigard was out of TP and PT last Saturday. Came home and ordered two mega packs of each from Walmart. It was supposed to be delivered Tue. Tracking showed it was at Fed Ex Portland Monday night. Never delivered, tracking now states, delivery delayed, no new date available. My guess is it went home with a Fed Ex employee! If it does not show up soon I will contact Walmart. They charged my card when they shipped it.

I was referring to the obnoxious types who see oppression in absolutely everything, ma'am. right down to the white of milk and paper; that part was a snarky aside to them only. The main thrust of my comment was intended to support and build on yours regarding these freakshow whackjobs who in a more civilized time would have received the inpatient psychiatric care they so desperately need...

To insult you personally was never my intent, and you have my apologies.
I apologize right back at ya. I misunderstood. Peace.

Carol

I just had a really weird idea...

If the supply chain issues are because we don't have enough drivers/delivery folks and companies can't hire enough people to make/grow/package/add value to things then...

(light bulb hovering over my head turns on)

... how about we stop paying people to sit at home getting high and playing video games while they can't get kicked out for not paying rent? Maybe they could, perhaps, fill those vacancies or something?

Just a thought, though it's probably racist...

Wait for the "every American citizen must get a job" mandate...lol.
If the culture doesn't revert back to an honest day's work within a generation all of today's freeloaders will be picking rags, pimping their female relatives and looking for roadkill just to stay alive.

Red tides in 2022 and 2024 and we might just get that mandate and prevent a nightmare future,

I just had a really weird idea...

If the supply chain issues are because we don't have enough drivers/delivery folks and companies can't hire enough people to make/grow/package/add value to things then...

(light bulb hovering over my head turns on)

... how about we stop paying people to sit at home getting high and playing video games while they can't get kicked out for not paying rent? Maybe they could, perhaps, fill those vacancies or something?

Just a thought, though it's probably racist...
Most people who lost their jobs because of covid got laid off because their jobs went away because of stuff closing. Or because someone needed to stay home with kids whose schools closed. Fancy unemployment payments higher than what their jobs paid were presumably available to some. But not to any I know. The ones I know are not sitting at home watching more videos or getting high. And they kept paying their rent. What they did was take care of their kids, act as teachers for their kids since few kids are disciplined enough to substitute on line stuff for school, went back to it finished up college, spent much more time cooking at home from scratch, and started or expanded vegetable gardens.

Garden seed sales are way up. 2X to 4X for most retail seed companies. Gardening is something you can do at home, and with kids. And having your own fresh produce means you only need to go shopping once or twice a month instead of once or twice a week, meaning greatly limiting exposure to covid.

Now that some jobs are coming back, people aren't eager to take those low paying jobs at the old rates. The schools may or may not be/stay open. Exposure to Covid means many low paid jobs are less attractive than they were. Understaffing, unavailable products, customers having to stand in lines before even getting in stores, and crazy stressed out customers make the low paid jobs much more stressful than they used to be, and many jobs now requiring vaccination have also made the jobs less attractive compared with staying home and doing your own child care or saving money by home cooking or gardening, or trying to develop a home business since the ordinary low paid job turned out to provide no security. People who used to get $12/hr and be greatful they had a job at all have now reevaluated the value of those jobs and decided they aren't going back for less than $15/hr and better treatment. The new reality is that most people will not work for less any more. This is not because they are lazy POSes. Its because properly analyzed, it doesn't make sense to take a job that is so low paying these days. You can't improve your lot with such a job. All you can do is survive until an accident or stroke of bad luck destroys you because you have no health care or savings.. So everything is going to be understaffed until owners and managers accept this reality. And the price of everything is going to go up because of labor costs.

People actually could increase their lot with such low end jobs fifty years ago, when such jobs had regular schedules so that people could work two such jobs, or combine the job with child care or starting their own business. But you can't do that so easily these days with variable schedules and the requirement to be on call 24/7, and if you refuse to come in when ordered they fire you. So a crappy 30 hr per week job loses you your freedom for all your hours, not just 30/week.

If you happen to be advising anyone negotiating to get such a job, suggest they write a fixed schedule into their contract. And no email/phone contact outside work hours. If they are a reliable worker that might work these days. And suggest they explore more possibilities than advertised. Ask what the main problems are and suggest solutions. A friend of mine went in to apply for a $15/hr restaurant job and got hired to manage the place for 30$/hr. Within a month he had it fully staffed and running like clockwork. He had never managed anything. Interesting times provide both crises and opportunities.

Wow. Thankfully I saved and washed about 40 gallon milk jugs over the years.. now they have fresh tap water and 10 drops of bleach in them.
then there are these
1633059730088.png
Check with local bakeries for empty ones used for glucose. Treat with poolshock, rinse and refill. 275 to 330 gallons.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews