JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From Indian friend who runs cellular supply chain in Texas and understands supply-chain issues:

For the first time we noticed shrimps from India in fresh section. Never ever seen it before.

And not in chinese or korean grocery market. I am talking about Market Street which is Albertsons.
Meaning what?

We do only whole bean and grind ourselves every few days. We're not fancy and preferer the darker roasts. Costco works. The folks, years ago, brought us a # of Jamaican Blue Mt. Not impressed.
No_Time_Fo_Dat.jpg
Or.....so say's me. A guy who drinks/likes instant coffee. Though.....IMHO, McD has some really good coffee. BurgerKing is trash in comparison. And me thinks, that Starbucks is "special coffee". LOL.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....lately I've drinking this instant brand of coffee. It's available in most Asian Grocery stores. A little over $3 for 20 packets/servings.

My GF likes this brand at about the same price per serving.

Last Edited:
View attachment 1104459
Or.....so say's me. A guy who drinks/likes instant coffee. Though.....IMHO, McD has some really good coffee. BurgerKing is trash in comparison. And me thinks, that Starbucks is "special coffee". LOL.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....lately I've drinking this instant brand of coffee. It's available in most Asian Grocery stores. A little over $3 for 20 packets/servings.

Looks Vietnamese in origin. I really liked the Vietnamese coffee we had in VN about 20 years ago. Damned good stuff! Brought me home some of their coffee-brewing cups with the covered topper where you put the ground coffee and hot water and let it seep through. Still make it that way every once if a while...

I really liked the Vietnamese coffee we had in VN about 20 years ago. Damned good stuff!
Was that the stuff that the little children ate the beans then pooped it and then roasted it for coffee? :s0084:
Though.....IMHO, McD has some really good coffee.
You know? My old Dad, passed Dec 2010 at 90, used to swear that McDee's had the BEST coffee. But at home, for many years, he'd brew up a big pot of the cheapest ground he could get. Shut it off when it was done in the drip coffee maker, and then drink cups throughout the day reheated in the microwave. I contend he didn't know what "Good" coffee was! But coming of age during The Depression created some very special people. He was one.

I confess......I don't KNOW what good coffee tastes like.

I only know what I like. Somehow.....that's good enough for me. LOL.

But then......
I also like Miller Lite Beer. LOL.
Miller-time.jpg

Aloha, Mark

I confess......I don't KNOW what good coffee tastes like.

I only know what I like. Somehow.....that's good enough for me. LOL.

But then......
I also like Miller Lite Beer. LOL.
View attachment 1104677

Aloha, Mark
Yeah? And I drink Rolling Rock. About the cheapest you can buy and that's what my mouth is used to!

About the coffee. I was never a fussy coffee drinker. Then a friend turned me onto fresh ground through a Melita cone/pot. After that I could never go back. I did used to take instant camping. Wifey cured me of that habit in 1987, shortly after we go together. She'd rather go without.

View attachment 1104459

Aloha, Mark

Those 3 in 1 instant packets are pretty good! Used to use those (or similar types) camping/trekking, depending upon how long the trip. Would also do fresh brewed pour over, for shorter trips.

We don't add sugar at home, so just brew canned ground. Several pots per day, depending. Less if we're off.

Fans of Costco Kirkland brand canned ground coffee. Mix 1/2 regular with decaffe. #10 cans. They normally have 18 months plus best by dating, HOWEVER is still fine & tasty several YEARS beyond BB dating. Least ways the few unopened cans we found in our less used camp kitchen storage a while back.

So while Costco prices were $10/3lb can we kept a year of our "normal" (high) usage in stock at home. Bumped our storage out a bit when Costco price went up mid to late last year.

NOW Costco Kirkland brand is $15.49 per 3 pound can (regular), and $12.99 (likely intermediary price until it catches up with regular) per 3 pound can Decaffe.

Just bought a bunch of Folgers plastic tubbed ground. $9.99 per 51oz tub, along with more intermediary priced Kirkland decaffe. Will use the Folgers to extend out our on hand supply even further.

Not fans of Folgers by itself (everyone's tastes are different), however blended in with Kirkland decaffe we enjoy it. So we "saved" $6/can.

Not sure yet on the BB dating of the Folgers, hasn't arrived yet. However I would imagine a year to be "fine" on it. Which is what I extended our coffee stores on by buying the folgers. A year...

So now (once the Folgers & mid term priced Kirkland decaffe arrives) our on hand coffee stores will be beyond 2 years. At our current high consumption rate, without even thinking on conserving.

If pricing becomes wonkier as the year goes on, we might consider a conservation plan. However we will still be enjoying reasonably priced coffee either way...

Note:

Kirkland regular ground #10 3lb can, $15.49
Kirkland decaffe ground #10 3lb can, $15.49 (was $12.99 just last week when ordered!)
Folgers 51 oz tub, $11.49 (WAS $9.99 just last week when ordered!)

Same price in warehouse (ours anyways) OR shipped. Free shipping above ?$60.

As of today 1/10/2022

====

Pricing edit/update/adjustment: (Mia culpa')

Folgers 41oz is still $9.99, however out of stock online. May be available in your local warehouse. Increased price was at the Costco business site.

Kirkland Decaffe 3lb #10 can is still $12.99 AND available online. Increased price was at the Costco business site. -Recommend for folks who drink decaffe, or blend as we do.

Last Edited:
Not sure if shortages like this will hit here but you might want to grab an extra few items next time your are out shopping.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/shoppers-astounded-empty-shelves
If any orders like this come down from OHA, you can bet there will be a run on groceries.

Nothing wrong w/ a cold Rolling Rock on a hot day!
I decided to pick up a Pelican Brewing "Cream Ale" for Wifey from WinCo. It was only $9.00. That's cheap for those beers these days. She likes Blue Moon but we don't pay the money for those very often. the cream ale sucked it was so bitter. Where's the "Cream" part? Hops were used originally to preserve beer due to lack of refrigeration. Now these high priced beers use hops to make 'em bitter as toxic chemicals!

I decided to pick up a Pelican Brewing "Cream Ale" for Wifey from WinCo. It was only $9.00. That's cheap for those beers these days. She likes Blue Moon but we don't pay the money for those very often. the cream ale sucked it was so bitter. Where's the "Cream" part? Hops were used originally to preserve beer due to lack of refrigeration. Now these high priced beers use hops to make 'em bitter as toxic chemicals!
"Where's the "Cream" part?"

I think you are suppose to shake it up first before you open the bottle.

Went to Fred Meyer this afternoon. Only had plain cheese but I prefer strawberry. I was talking to the cashier and they are getting regular shipments again. Not sure how low they were since I haven't gone shopping since before Xmas for groceries.

7DBA5A94-DA05-41C3-923D-B705316393FB.jpeg 1368A9A1-7E50-4577-98DF-AADCD2AA7828.jpeg F9E4395C-6B2A-4F73-BDF9-7461D634E55C.jpeg

:) On the bright-side....

.... It really gives you (and hopefully, the retailer)an accurate idea of what nobody wants.
Stuff like organic humus, fat-free sour cream, soyburger, etc...are still on the shelves. :s0155:

:) On the bright-side....

.... It really gives you (and hopefully, the retailer)an accurate idea of what nobody wants.
Stuff like organic humus, fat-free sour cream, soyburger, etc...are still on the shelves. :s0155:
Until we all get hangry, then those things will disappear as well.

Curious that I find things missing at Freddy's that WinCo has…. Hmmmmm…

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews