JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a Dead Air Mask HD and Sig SRD22X and they are both great. side by side, I couldn't tell you a difference other than the Sig feels a little lighter to me. I've shot through the sparrow as well, I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. All are stupid quiet with a bolt gun and subsonic rounds ;)

What about cleaning them?
Would ultrasonic cleaner be a good choice for removing carbon?
You'll definitely want an easy way to clean them, as it's amazing how fast they get gunked up!

IMG_20190129_145234.jpg

I haven't kept up on the latest can's for .22lr but I do like my TAC-65.

As for cleaning: I sandblast mine. it does ever so slightly and slowly wear on the baffles, but I'm not worried about it...when it wears out I'll send it off and have the baffles replaced by a monocore or a better designed baffle stack. Several companies out there that offer that service to replace your baffles and improve upon the internal design while retaining the original outter sleeve so you don't need to pay for any additional stamps or have long wait times.

Blaster setup:
oG2BbQa.png
it has a vacuum below that goes through the dust separator on the side so you can see what you're doing, and to keep the blast media out of the vacuum. Cleaning literally takes seconds per baffle. you're done with the whole thing in less than 5 minutes.

Before cleaning:
dzkRARV.png

After cleaning:
eIMWpVj.png

Tools needed:
endcap tool specific to the suppressor type you get
wrench that fits the endcap tool
and finally a baffle removal tool AAC makes one... it threads onto the endcap and gently presses out the entire baffle stack at once...Absolutely do not use a hammer to drive out the baffles cause if you screw up your tube: your effed... the press is the safest and easiest way to remove baffles that are stuck in the tube which is not uncommon with .22lr suppressors... They get lead and gunk built up in them pretty quick.

Also don't sand blast your anodized tube. Just use a paper towel with soapy hot water for that bit and the end caps...the baffles themselves as long as they aren't anodized: blast em or tumble them or whatever method you choose. This is just how I do it.

I did buy the blaster originally for the can, but then I found other uses for it as well. Buddy also used it to restore firearms that had barely survived a barn fire and had a lot of smoke and heat damage.

Blaster is just a cheap harbor freight blaster. (you may need to clean up some casting flaws in the blaster gun to get it working well)
dust deputy (dust separator) I got used off of craigslist.
vacuum is harbor freight
drop light inside blast cabinet is also from harbor freight and magnetically attached to the top.
cart is harbor freight as well lol

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads