JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Once I-1639 comes into effect, can you buy a stripped Lower with no wait, it is not a semi auto anything at that point. Or will they be able to regulate with the assumption it will become one at some point in time. Or should I stock up now...

Any reservations against just getting a drill press and the jig? 80% lowers can be had for like $50. Then all you have to do is 1-3 hours to machine it. What are WA laws regarding 80% lowers?

Any reservations against just getting a drill press and the jig? 80% lowers can be had for like $50. Then all you have to do is 1-3 hours to machine it. What are WA laws regarding 80% lowers?
80% lowers are legal in Washington for now. Once I-1639 takes hold I bet 80% lowers will be banned. Get them while you can. Buy one of the jigs that use a router. Drill press's are good for drilling trigger pin and safety holes, not so good for milling.

Last Edited:
80% lowers are legal in Washington for now. Once I-1639 takes hold I bet 80% lowers will be banned. Get them while you can. Buy one of the jigs that use a router. Drill press's are good for drilling trigger pin and safety holes, not so good for milling.

I have read all 30 pages of 1639 and there is not one single word addressing the 80% market. Most of the public has no clue about 80%ers. But you are probably right they are next on the hit list. The thing about a stripped lower is that even though it is not assembled. By the ATF it is still a gun with numbers on the books. It would still fall under the guide lines of 1639 because it was designed to be built as a semi auto firearm. They do have bolt action AR's in England but not here. The 80% market is thriving right now and growing everyday. Both pistols and rifles. People keep rethinking ways to make it easier to manufacture your own everyday. The latest router jig makes the proccess very simple.

If you have some money to play and are a computer geek. This is for you. A 2 axis table top CNC milling machine. Just sit back and watch......The Ghost Gunner takes around 2 hours to complete the trigger pocket. Hukfin, you are right. Adrill press is not a good machine tool. There are not enough RPM's. It makes your finished product all chunky.

Last Edited:
Another lawyer friend of mine and I were talking about this and came to the conclusion that a lower is not an "assault rifle" within the meaning of 1639, so it's a "loophole."

Another lawyer friend of mine and I were talking about this and came to the conclusion that a lower is not an "assault rifle" within the meaning of 1639, so it's a "loophole."
That was my thinking, you should be able to buy a stripped Lower at one side of the store, a bag of parts and a pin on upper on the other side of the store... Wham Bam... We are back in business!

I agree. A stripped lower is defined by law as a "firearm" and not a semi-auto rifle or semi-auto pistol.

cause the fact is...a stripped lower could also become a bolt gun. There are .50BMG uppers for AR-15 lowers that click right on and either do single feed, or side mag fed BOLT-ACTION.

Also a 80% lower is defined by law and by the ATF as NOT a firearm. There is no way to put a fire control group in it without machining it. Unless they make a state law that clearly defines and says we can't manufacture our own firearms, then that is a wide open loophole. Order online and get shipped straight to your house or mailbox.

It's not a pistol either. In fact, when I bought one of the NWFA lowers, the paperwork was marked "other". ;)

FYI - the "other side" already knows all about 80%ers and lowers. Many of them have them noted in the legislative agendas. 1639 doesn't affect either, at this time.

They don't know as much as you think. Until they educate themselves by reading things here. A bit of discretion may be called for before wee even know if this is going to stand.

They don't know as much as you think. Until they educate themselves by reading things here. A bit of discretion may be called for before wee even know if this is going to stand.
OK, you're certainly welcome to that opinion. I've read many of their agendas. I attend their meetings. I listen to the legislators. I speak with our Pro Gun legislators. I attend the legislative hearings. Not just barking out of my blowhole to hear myself speak. I'm also suing them...

"They" don't need this website. Their "minions" have data mined everything "evil" about firearms. They know about them. They know a whole lot more than you think they do, about A LOT of things.

They are evil, rotten people. Not stupid people.

CalGuns members saw the language of the 2016 Gunmegaddon restrictions and realized that once the new law deemed their "bullet button" rifles "assault weapons" they could remove the bullet button and install a regular magazine release because the rifle was now an assault weapon, so it couldn't get "more assaulty" by reason of the regular mag release. Posted all about this topic on the internet. Not surprisingly, the California DoJ promulgated a regulation purporting to ban any change of the bullet button on a newly registered assault weapon. Would they have thought of that all on their own? There is a decent chance, but it certainly never helps to publish a "hey look, you didn't ban this specific thing yet!"

So nothing to worry about yet, it's dead until the 116th starts in January. THEN it's time to worry... there are just enough Grabberfascist Douches wearing red jerseys in the Senate that they might help the Bluetards push it through over Cocaine Mitch's procedural obstacles.

Hopefully he keeps them too busy filling all the judicial vacancies to get those kinds of idle hands...

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top