JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Brush picking is coon here on Grays Harbor. Unfortunately one picking in dark rain gear several years ago was mistaken for a bear and got shot. You see their rigs parked on logging roads but rarely see the workers. I guess they are just shy!

You make a very good point. Any responsible gun owner should know to be sure of their target before firing.
I feel bad for making light of the situation and have removed my prior post.
This really is a serious matter.

Dean

It's ok to make light of it. Sometimes you have to laugh to keep from crying.

But it's serious too. This seems to happen every year.
And happens with people killing their own family members seems like most of the time.

Really sad and something that should be so easily avoided
Who just shoots at objects moving in the brush?!

I can't remeber if it was OR or WA that a father shot and killed his daughter last year abd a few years back around the Medford area a grandfather killed his grandson.

Man how can you live after that.

It was in the Silver Falls area, right next to a camp ground area.
The father mistook his daughter for a bear, as she was huddled on the side of the road 100 yds away trying to stay warm.
Witnesses restrained him from shooting himself after he learned of his mistake.

I might have sent one back.

My stepdad's friend was a but of a drunk and he and a friend were deer hunting one year and him and his friend got separated. They were only about 100 yards from each other when his buddy spotted a nice deer. Problem was his friend was between him and the deer. He fired a shot.
My stepdad's friend had a hole through the back of his shirt. Bullet went in one side of his shirt and out the other. By some drunk miracle it missed him.

I was hunting a couple years ago and after nothing happening we went back to town which wasn't far and had lunch. There was a few guys in there drinking beer and taking shots.
And I could hear them talking about going back out hunting.

I still cringe at the thought.

Who just shoots at objects moving in the brush?!
f7n8c.jpg

Emm em emm, Salal berries!

Found a mans stash that was partially buried but exposed by a Bear??? Canned goods (opened by the Bear) pots, pans white gas stoves, tents, cloths (including children's) the works all wrapped in tarps.
Don't know if whoever ever came back, the cache just slowly spread.

This was about a mile or more off any road and it wouldn't have been an easy task to haul it all in.
Kind of would have liked to hear the rest of the story- so to speak.

Thanks - I'm guilty of violating that, ignorantly, in a clear cut. Have some growing in my back yard but they don't produce berries.
I've got about 15 acres of the stuff, plus Oregon grape here and there, plus blackberries and a lot of thimbleberry - among other things. Then there is all the stuff on neighboring land.

Himalayan blackberries are quite abundant in the PNW - I am actively trying to rid my property of this pest.

I once saw a guy digging up a blackberry bush vine and putting it into a 3 gal. plastic nursery container.
I stopped and asked him what he was going to do with it.
He replied that he was going to plant it in his backyard, because he loved eating the berries.
I couldn't believe anyone was that dumb, but he then informed me that he lived in Eastern Washington, and it wouldn't grow past where he would be watering it.

I've got about 15 acres of the stuff, plus Oregon grape here and there, plus blackberries and a lot of thimbleberry - among other things. Then there is all the stuff on neighboring land.

Himalayan blackberries are quite abundant in the PNW - I am actively trying to rid my property of this pest.
I'LL TAKE 'EM!
The bamboo is choking out the blackberries on my property.
Those Himalayan's were especially tasty. =)

Dean

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads