JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was soaked with 2,4,-D and 2,4,5,-T (when mixed are called "Agent Orange", a Dow Company cocktail) -during 1964- 1965 quite a bit. The mist felt good on the skin on hot days.

It did smell good in an odd kind of way. I guess some of us were less susceptible than others, haven't had any unexpected health issues.

The last time I saw a doctor was in 2003 for injuries from a car accident. Knock on plastic. :)

I was soaked with 2,4,-D and 2,4,5,-T (when mixed are called "Agent Orange", a Dow Company cocktail) -during 1964- 1965 quite a bit. The mist felt good on the skin on hot days.

It did smell good in an odd kind of way. I guess some of us were less susceptible than others, haven't had any unexpected health issues.

The last time I saw a doctor was in 2003 for injuries from a car accident. Knock on plastic. :)
I would definitely consider yourself lucky so far. Sounds like you were exposed to it quite a bit.

Glad you made it.
And THANKS for your service!

Believe it or not I was sprayed state-side; I was part of an Op-Force in a summer training exercise for ROTC pukes. We were told to set-up a L-shaped ambush on a convoy but the convoy was following a 5 ton truck spraying defoliant. Outside of some strange lesions I have no ill effects

well it seemed like to me that with all the rust on what had to be a 2004 2005 Dodge Ram and this is last year or so they must have buried it around when the truck was new and hit it so they needed the money from the scrapper something told me it wasn't hot anymore not quite sure but as soon as I asked him how they knew the truck was there because I've been on that trail many times and yo could have never know they got all nervous and sketched out and I just had to bailweird situation for sure to be honest

I knew a a guy, once a good friend! That got high one night for the first time, on some Ice Clear meth crystals. I was there and it has been twenty six years ago, not much has changed for the better in his life in all this time. He lost his mom and dad then his house, wife and son. During the chaos of the latter part of the first two years, just after loosing the house. They were coming for the family car. The repo man watched patiently for two weeks before the sheriff submitted charges that demanded the vehicles release to the rightful owner.
It was hidden in plane sight - Under the wood pile.
I never want to see that poor soul again, for any reason.
Silver Hand

When riding around on logging land as a kid I shut the bike off for a break. Thick woods and brush all around except the semi open area I'd stopped in. It was an area we played in on and off the trail lots of times. When I pulled my helmet off I heard real faint sound of water running. It was sunny out and no creeks near so I went looking for it. Worked thru a couplebushes and just about fell in a 15' dai x 10'deep sink hole.

When riding around on logging land as a kid I shut the bike off for a break. Thick woods and brush all around except the semi open area I'd stopped in. It was an area we played in on and off the trail lots of times. When I pulled my helmet off I heard real faint sound of water running. It was sunny out and no creeks near so I went looking for it. Worked thru a couplebushes and just about fell in a 15' dai x 10'deep sink hole.
I had a funny thing happen to me once sorta like this. I was hunting bears over by Walton, and I jumped a big one. Chased him on foot. And I thought I had him dead to rights in the brush. I kept hearing a very strange noise. The whole time a was SURE it was that bear. The noise came and went. Fast forward 30 minutes later, the noise had started a cadence. That cadence was always there. It was a under ground culvert, where the water would fill up enough to pour out, then silent till it filled up again to spill out. The spilling out was the noise.
The hair on my neck was standing up the whole time.
One of the many times I called myself a jackass.

When we were younger, each summer the wife and I would leave the kids with their god-parents and take two horses, and go explore Washington wilderness areas for a week. Once we were camped at Keene's horse camp on Mt. Adams and riding along a remote section of the Pacific Crest trail on Mt. Adams (near the tree line), and saw what I believe to this day to be a full grown grey wolf standing on a rock 25 meters away just watching us. We got back to the camp and were sharing some cookies with a bunch of old codgers camped next door (also with horses) and I told them of our siting, figuring they wouldn't believe us. One of the old guys verbally lit into one of his buddies saying, "Dammit I told you that was a wolf we saw up there!" This was back in the early 90's, long before Washington had any recognized grey wolf population.

Another time we were riding back from Black Lake in the Pasayten Wilderness. We rounded a sharp corner in the trail and there sat 3 young women, with their packs off and buck naked from the waist up. They were surprised and just looked at us. We smiled and rode on.

Did the high country early deer hunt in the Glacier Peak Wilderness one year. We rode 12 miles from Cottonwood Campground on the Entiat River to meadows on Ice Creek. There were three of us on horses plus 4 horses that we packed in that were loaded with everything but a flush toilet. We got to our camp site, set up camp, hobbled the horses, and the packer I was with went off to explore. He came back beaming and carrying a toilet seat from a porcelain bathroom toilet that he had found lying in the brush. He found a remote spot away from camp, tacked two branches between two trees, and lashed the toilet seat to the trees. There was even a broken limb on the tree convenient for holding toilet paper. He was grinning from ear to ear when he got done. Never saw someone so proud of his handiwork. And with a week in the woods ahead of us we were all pretty pleased with his work too.
In the early 90's I was driving the road east bound between Takalakh Lake and Keenes Horse Camp, on the way, on the north side of the road, is a small meadow bounded by a large basalt rock fall. in that rock fall there is a shallow cave. There was a white wolf seated just inside that cave. A few years later I saw that same wolf while riding my horse in Muddy Meadows, a mile from Keenes HC. Years after that I was back in Muddy Meadows and the White had been joined by a Black wolf, they were moussing and barely looked at the 4 of us. Within the last two months wolf tracks have been found near Trout Lake.
FYI: Wolf Haven of Tennio is a relatively short drive from Mt. Adams and I'm sure they have dumped wolves in the area, in fact I have a photo of te white wolf at Wolf Haven.

Last Edited:
Last summer my buddies and I were hunting for coyotes in the middle of the night across from browns camp and way up in the mountain we found a rave party with dubstep, a Lazer show, and all kinds of drugs it was definally a strange thing to find in the forrest

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top