JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can't post the pic but at one time I stumbled upon a tribal burial ground that dated way way back. It looked like a Hollywood set w/ bones sticking out of the ground and various edged weapons. Sorry, I ain't sayin where it is

Was camping at Ollalie Lake near Adams and came across this memorial. Seems like the tradition was to leave the kid a beer at the base of the memorial, so I did.

IMG_1682_zps98kokbaa.jpg

My grandson and I were out Sunday. Came across a set of handmade steps and a railing next to them. Went about 8-10 feet from one level of the closed road to a "parking place". The road's been closed for years and the steps seemed to have been there quite a while, too. Not eerie, just strange.

Okay, I'll add mine. Not that remarkable but kind of cool.

One day in the summer of 1979 I was hiking somewhere around John Day, near the fossil beds. We were going up a small ridge and I looked up to see the biggest bird I had ever imagined silently nosing over the Ridgeline, followed by a really loud sound that was like "ssssroarrrrBANGGGG,"

Well, I quickly realized it was an F-15, maybe supersonic because I definately saw it before I heard it and it was gone FAST.

Not found in the woods, but I remember working on my brother's VW when I hear this sound like the world's largest hair dryer.
Not super loud, but that "rushing air" sound.
I climb out of my pit and look up, just to see a B-2 bomber flying overhead. Not going too fast. Not flying really high.
Looked like it was on its way to Whidbey.
Never seen one before or since.

Dean

My grandson and I were out Sunday. Came across a set of handmade steps and a railing next to them. Went about 8-10 feet from one level of the closed road to a "parking place". The road's been closed for years and the steps seemed to have been there quite a while, too. Not eerie, just strange.

Anything weird happen after seeing them? I've read really scary bubblegum my pants stories about random staircases in the woods.....

I can't post the pic but at one time I stumbled upon a tribal burial ground that dated way way back. It looked like a Hollywood set w/ bones sticking out of the ground and various edged weapons. Sorry, I ain't sayin where it is
Hopefully you notified Indian Affairs or the nearest tribal council or whatever appropriate authority so appropriate steps could be taken to protect it, too. :)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top