JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Almost became (is?) a clickbait title, sorry - i've got a BPS with a satin finish stock, as far as i can see on Browning's site, it's basically their high gloss finish without the high gloss.

Short version, i'm about to using Howard's feed 'n wax on it, and wanted to know if anyone here knows why i shouldn't treat this stock finish in this way before i make a huge mess of it :D

I can't see it hurting it, but I prefer boiled linseed oil applied with a 0000 steel wool pad.
It moisturizes the wood as well as removes most surface crud and it wipes off easily.

From the Browning BPS manual

3EEBD6CB-61A6-46F8-B1AC-ACC50E13983A.png

Therein lies the issue, it's not classed as oil finished. Browning list 3 finishes on their site, high gloss, Satin and oil.

The manual references using furniture polish on their other stocks, so, i'm hoping this is ok, i'm thinking the satin finish is basically a different technique than the high gloss and feed 'n wax will work fine.

How worn is the current finish? Is it cracked, chipped, thin spots etc etc ?
I think you well know by now that i like to do things that are completely unnecessary... It's the brand new one (last thanksgiving, still unused...) and i'm pulling it to pieces to clean before the clay/turkey shoot in a couple of weeks :D

I couldn't get to inside the receiver properly, so i 'accidentally' dropped the trigger pack and now it's in pieces all over the desk, getting all the factory lube out though :D :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top