JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The most durable refinished stock I have done was done using a spray polyurethane. It looked great after being packed around hunting a lot. I would only consider it for more modern firearms that have less collectible value. Older collectible firearms I stock with more original finishes.

The most durable refinished stock I have done was done using a spray polyurethane. It looked great after being packed around hunting a lot. I would only consider it for more modern firearms that have less collectible value. Older collectible firearms I stock with more original finishes.
Awesome. I spent a great deal of time considering oil vs urethane finish and concluded as seen.

Collector value is moot; this rifle had been abused and the stock refinished multiple times in its 80+ years of life. That said, I'll probably never use polyurethane on a rifle stock again- PITA

Finally closing in on finishing this project. I settled on spray polyurethane because the canned polyurethane I already had was difficult to apply evenly. I'll probably apply one more coat of poly then buff the stock with some automotive wax.

It's not perfect but it definitely looks better than before.

8B061B4E-4D5E-4E30-AF28-00B54DCBB0C9.jpeg E995158C-E68F-4B54-A3E5-59B5037DF4E7.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top