JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't believe a phuq'n word that issues forth from the mouths of either of these asshat outfits...

From the article:
"More than 100 people allege that their P320 pistols discharged when they did not pull the trigger, an eight-month investigation by The Washington Post and The Trace has found."
Sounds like they've got Alec Baldwin testing their stuff.

No, it's not making the news "again," this is the same old story.

In any event, at least WAPO acknowledges that during extensive testing by a butt-ton of forensic teams, technicians, firearms examiners and experts that no one has been able to replicate the P320 firing while in the holster; it seems it functions exactly as intended -- only firing while the trigger is pulled (either by a finger or something else).

My thoughts exactly.

Or the "professional armorer that he hired.
1681240419421.png

I'm in a "discussion" with an expert witness on another site.
He's working for the plaintiffs (LEO's I believe) and of course he's trying to show that P320 goes off all by itself.

Another officer who has shown to be non-aligned and level-headed made a great post today.
This officer is an armorer and a dept RO.
His summary on this subject is excellent and his final comments are telling.

We can "what if" this topic all day long, but IMO and from experience, the majority of theses issues with the 320 and it supposedly firing on it's own, is a training and awareness issue.

Again referencing back to the majority of these reports coming from LE and not civilians. LE handle their duty weapons far more often than the average civilian. The average civilian is typically more conscientious about firearms handling. and here is why.

Most officers are lackadaisical in firearms handling because it is just another one of our tools. Basic safety rituals are forgotten or not followed as closely as they should because we are so used to handling firearms. There isn't a single time on the range that I don't have to correct multiple officers handling of their weapons, safety wise.

Because most every officers has a firearm at work, the law of averages takes over. Take 100 police officers and 100 civilians. 100 of the officers are carrying pistol while only 15 to 20 of those civilians may be carrying. It's math, there is a far greater chance of something happening with those 100 officers vs the 20 civilians.

Top that with the fact those 20 civilians are more aware and cautious about the firearms their carrying. Maybe 20 or 30 officers are that cautious, but the other 70 or 80 maybe treat their duty weapon like they would their radio or flashlight.

That's a recipe for something bad to happen no matter what pistol they may be carrying. Those bad things do happen and most of the time, the public doesn't hear about it. The previous 320 drop fire issues just adds fuel, and an excuse to those incidents where the person doesn't want to take responsibility. I have personally witnessed three ND incidents by officers in my 30 years. All three were with different pistols, A glock, a 1911, and a Sig P220. Two of those officers are no longer officers and the third took a heavy hit over it.

An ND is one of the worst thing that can happen to an officer, quite often resulting in termination. So add that to this equation and you can see how some of these people in the suit could be just trying to save themselves rather than just doing the right thing.

I stumbled across this thread recently, about a post-fix P320 that went off.

What I got from it is that this post-fix P320 still had a design flaw in the new parts, that is currently fixed in newer revisions. The commenter notes that he trusts his own P320s built in 2022, and that the P320 in question was a pre-2019 one (after the 2017 fix, not as new as 2022).

I stumbled across this thread recently, about a post-fix P320 that went off.

What I got from it is that this post-fix P320 still had a design flaw in the new parts, that is currently fixed in newer revisions. The commenter notes that he trusts his own P320s built in 2022, and that the P320 in question was a pre-2019 one (after the 2017 fix, not as new as 2022).

The striker block change came with the upgrade package and was done for ease of assembly not for a safety defect.
The sear springs each travel in their own channels.

That testimony is hear-say boolscheet in my opinion.

The striker block change came with the upgrade package and was done for ease of assembly not for a safety defect.
The sear springs each travel in their own channels.

That testimony is hear-say boolscheet in my opinion.
There are pictures of the sear and spring channels which are different than current production ones, on the forum post linked though, curious if you saw that.

I think the posters agree with you that the striker block change was done for ease of assembly since it was a pain to get that spring in there.

I don't have a dog in this fight, so I have no issue with it being bs if you so decide!

There are pictures of the sear and spring channels which are different than current production ones, on the forum post linked though, curious if you saw that.

I think the posters agree with you that the striker block change was done for ease of assembly since it was a pain to get that spring in there.

I don't have a dog in this fight, so I have no issue with it being bs if you so decide!
There was a change to the sear and sear housing as part of the upgrade.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top