JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If bimetal jackets did damage the bore like people think it would, then yes people would stop using it. But its not the bimetal jacket that does the damage, its the powder. And even then, it takes a lot (and I mean A LOT) of shooting before it makes a difference.
It's the gas blow-by generally associated with non-lead bullets.
You're going to get match-grade accuracy from a 1911 (out of a match barrel) for about 10,000 rounds.. with lead it's more like 50-100,000+.

If bimetal jackets did damage the bore like people think it would, then yes people would stop using it. But its not the bimetal jacket that does the damage, its the powder. And even then, it takes a lot (and I mean A LOT) of shooting before it makes a difference.
I bought 300 rounds of seller and belat ammo in 45acp not the top of the line ammo but good for target or practice ran it through my KIMBER had no problems but I did notice my gun was very dirty end of the barrel and slide where black with carbon dust after 200 rounds

Commercial production from China or Russia is usually non-corrosive, it's the surplus stuff that could sit for years in an arsenal somewhere that gets the corrosive primers. I have some Norinco 7.62x39 from the early 90s, the boxes are specifically marked "Non-Corrosive", though I haven't tested it to make sure. Wolf, Tula, etc. are also advertised as non-corrosive; I'm sure there are tests on YouTube if you want confirmation.

If you take free ammo that you are not familiar with it and then run it through your new firearm and are surprised that it performs different than you expect your stupid for not knowing what your shooting. It's like being given free motor oil and just dumping it in your engine block and wondering why you car doesn't perform the same.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top