JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was just informed thru other channels that all Oregon counties have stopped processing CHL applications. Both new and renewals.
No idea what this really means, or if other infringements are on their way.

It's about the children...
No it most likely is. Good chance that the people that process the CHL's are not working with the public at this time or "working from home" aka at home with their out of school kids, or so they would have you think.:s0059:

I just emailed Multnomah County to find out myself and relay the information. Mine expires the first week of next month :s0154:

My experience as of 3/17/20:

It appears to be true that the the whole CHL program at the Washington County Sheriff's office has been suspended until future notice because of the COVID-19 outbreak. I filled out, sent in my renewal application and was met with a bold message in red text on the website that no new CHL appointments were being processed at this time. I also sent an email and have yet to receive a response as of 3/19/20.

Not sure where this leaves those with soon-to-be-expired CHLs do you?

I heard back from the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office CHL Unit this morning. Bad news is they're not processing new applications or transfers. Good news is they are processing renewals by mail.

Here's the reply verbatim.

1584636906119.png

Interesting My renewal comes up 5/11 Marion county is still scheduling appointments SO unless it changes again I will get to go through the PITA with the boss something like this is a huge PITA when you drive a dump truck worth $100 an hour not being on the job for even a couple hours is not something your boss is happy about.

Interesting My renewal comes up 5/11 if this on line snail mail system is still in effect for Marion county it works in my favor as getting time out of a work day for something like this is a huge PITA. When you drive a dump truck worth $100 an hour not being on the job for even a couple hours is not something your boss is happy about.

Same! Doing this by mail is far easier for me. You'll have to confirm it's the same for Marion, I only checked with Multnomah.

Last Edited:
I processed my Multnomah County renewal on the 23rd. Mail/Online only. I did mine online, called 3 hours later, payed via card over the phone, I supposedly will have a temp in my mailbox any day in the form of a receipt. I haven't checked their website since.

I processed my Multnomah County renewal on the 23rd. Mail/Online only. I did mine online, called 3 hours later, payed via card over the phone, I supposedly will have a temp in my mailbox any day in the form of a receipt. I haven't checked their website since.
Surprising Mike Reese is the sheriff, not exactly pro-gun for the public at large...

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews