JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
and read this...."The active shooter preparedness worksheet".....
http://www.oregon.gov/das/Risk/Documents/RWActvShtr.pdf

1. Run 2. Hide 3. Fight Have an escape route and plan in mind Hide in an area out of the active shooter's view Fight as a last resort and only when your life is in imminent danger Leave your belongings behind Block entry to your hiding place and lock the doors Attempt to incapacitate the active shooter Keep your hands visible Silence your cell phone (including vibrate mode) and remain quiet Act with physical aggression and throw items at the active shooter

Except lead, of course! Ooh, they forgot "Yell obscenities, and threaten to tell their mothers"?

Who comes up with this tripe? I want a name, really!

and read this...."The active shooter preparedness worksheet".....
http://www.oregon.gov/das/Risk/Documents/RWActvShtr.pdf

1. Run 2. Hide 3. Fight Have an escape route and plan in mind Hide in an area out of the active shooter's view Fight as a last resort and only when your life is in imminent danger Leave your belongings behind Block entry to your hiding place and lock the doors Attempt to incapacitate the active shooter Keep your hands visible Silence your cell phone (including vibrate mode) and remain quiet Act with physical aggression and throw items at the active shooter

Except lead, of course! Ooh, they forgot "Yell obscenities, and threaten to tell their mothers"?

Who comes up with this tripe? I want a name, really!

The same folks that recommend a Rape Whistle & Pissing your pants to stop a rape is who.

MEH......Good luck......I may or may not know dudes that may or may not carry at state/county/local govt offices they're employed by....regardless of the "rules". The way it's looked at is if any random azz person can legally walk into the building(s) carrying, well, they're gonna be able to protect themselves from said person if bubblegum goes south.... These people have no problem losing their jobs for the protection of themselves and coworkers...

The soul-less vote-whores driving this evil, duplicitous, incremental agenda to dis-arm law-abiding citizens in all states only care about people control, including their own tax paying state workers.

Last Edited:
That's a catch 22 in my mind. You need a job to take care of your family and provide for them. On the flip side you want to make sure that if the sh$t does hit the fan you get to go home to your family.

I would probably start looking for a new job ASAPo_O
Thank God I don't work for the state:D

Their policy is no different from most major corporations. They are all looking at it from a financial perspective. Some nut job employee goes postal and the employer gets sued for allowing weapons in the workplace. They must prohibit them to protect themselves from the lawsuits that would be filed if they did not prohibit them. We live in a sue em and get me some money society. The employer has to cover their backside or be sued into bankruptcy.

Their policy is no different from most major corporations. They are all looking at it from a financial perspective. Some nut job employee goes postal and the employer gets sued for allowing weapons in the workplace. They must prohibit them to protect themselves from the lawsuits that would be filed if they did not prohibit them. We live in a sue em and get me some money society. The employer has to cover their backside or be sued into bankruptcy.
Oklahoma passed a law addressing that... of course, Left Coast Progfascists will NEVER consider proven ideas from anywhere not ruled by their fellow goosesteppers.

Looking at it from a LEGAL state law prospective, they have no legal standing? None at all? State Law regarding legal concealed carry permit statute is very clear. This is the same as the public school district statutes.

Public agencies can make recommendations. They can not trump State Statute. I believe this is like public school districts demanding a kill free zone. They can demand only. They have no legal authority to do so. State property?

My read on this is that if you have a CCW permit issued by Oregon, then you can legally ignore such signs. They have no legal standing? I am wondering if legal suit can be brought because of this? A $settlement$ might make your day?

My opinion only. The only prohibitions on CCW carry is like the Federal prohibitions. Courts rooms. Secured Airports. State Property? No way. Give me a break. They can ask only. Some legal clarifications here please. Respectfully.

I am not a lawyer. Some opinions please.

1468546992648.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads