JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A) I bought it new;
B) Nobody sprayed it with nothing;
C) became tacky like this while in gun safe a few years;
D) nothing else in safe developed whatever this is;

Speculation is there *may* have been a factory installed feature of some coating that became similar to spray-on-liner in the 'not cured' gummy phase. It wasn't gummy originally. The LGS I purchased this from is long ago retired-out-of-business, so I'm figuring it was new sometime around 1999.

I had a problem with a cheap pair of "armor coated" binoculars 10 or so years ago.
They were stored in a metal cabinet where the temps did not fluctuate wildly thru the seasons and they fit your description.

I tried everything but the kitchen sink on them & finally tossed them because one side became foggy.

Subscribef. Would like to know what your plight unfolds.;)

A) I bought it new;
B) Nobody sprayed it with nothing;
C) became tacky like this while in gun safe a few years;
D) nothing else in safe developed whatever this is;

Speculation is there *may* have been a factory installed feature of some coating that became similar to spray-on-liner in the 'not cured' gummy phase. It wasn't gummy originally. The LGS I purchased this from is long ago retired-out-of-business, so I'm figuring it was new sometime around 1999.
I didn't mean to come off as a dick or nothin'.
There are (were?) plastics, "over-molded" or not that are/were just tremendously crummy.. time would just have to be involved, no "solvents" (but the world is a solvent). This is why I have never trusted a Glock, what with its 5th iteration and only x years involved. We don't have 10,000 year old plastic artifacts in the museum to show/prove their veracity.

UPDATE:
have been advised by Mfg to return to their facility for inspection/repair/replacement. Encouraging news.

By the way.....did any of you folks know that 'Bushnell' and 'Tasco' became co-mingled 2002?

I have a couple tools in my tool box that were rubber/plastic type coated and a mold attacked the rubber/plastic coating

I wiped them down with soapy rags and forgot about them for quite some time apparently the mold came back and and it feels gooey now

I have a set of plastic handled screw drivers in the tool box that have a mold on them that keeps coming back too ......wierd

If the gun and scope still work as desired or required ... what is the point?

Respectfully. ...

guess I missed communicating that something DIDN'T work as desired....the gummy/sticky feature was a PIA although the optic function seemed within spec. Thanks for raising some points.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top