JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Over the decades I've stumbled into bits of my previous treasures & various gear, tucked away carefully which may have been ignored for some time between rediscovery & storage....
(dramatic pause)

Just today was puttering cleaning/oiling etc and came across a :mad:sudden surprise:confused::
granted it's been in behind 'other stuff' for a while.

A stainless rimfire rifle with a decent 6-24x44 target scope on it; horrid discovery was the exterior scope body coating has deteriorated into some black sticky/gummy mess that doesn't want to easily be removed.

Plan A was to effect cleaning, which seems to be ineffective with either isopropol alcohol or Zap (otherwise pure magic) liquid cleaner.

Plan B is to call the mfg customer service Monday morning.

Anyone had similar issue or satisfactory solution?

.Anyone had similar issue or satisfactory solution?
lumosity_9y3c.640.jpg

and some Geritol

that patchy looking stuff is the gummy/sticky unknown on the surface of otherwise pristine scope barrel.

With the solvents mentioned above you can swab a bit off on a paper towel & get such samples enough to make your fingers sticky

If I recall back into Antiquity, there ~may~ have been some sort of thin rubbery spray-coating over the entire scope body when new.

Plan B goes into effect next business day at the Customer Service of the mfg.

I'm clueless about removing the gunk. Most of my ideas would likely take the paint out of the markings too.

Smoker pic below. Part of the reason for it is to add another piece to alternative cooking appliances and methods as well as the fact that I'd crawl through broken glass for good brisket. :eek:

DSCN0366.JPG as

I'm clueless about removing the gunk. Most of my ideas would likely take the paint out of the markings too.

Smoker pic below. Part of the reason for it is to add another piece to alternative cooking appliances and methods as well as the fact that I'd crawl through broken glass for good brisket. :eek:

View attachment 417238 as
<broken link removed>

If you put your .22 right in front of this, that would never happen. Genus!

Looks like somebody sprayed it with pickup bed liner spray or something and it didnt' stick everywhere. It doesn' look high dollar so you might want to just spray it again.o_O

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top