JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Link

<broken link removed>

Euronews

Dubai - Wikipedia

World markets are in a panic this morning. Freewheeling Dubai is broke and asking creditors for a six month holiday from making any payments.

A LOT of big money investors have poured money into Dubai. Dubai is the #1 world trading center for gold.

This is going to send ripples all over the world in financial circles. Lenders have their necks out a mile on this.

If not this, what's next? What if the next unexpected news is that some of the States in the US announce that they can't and won't repay their impossible debts? CommieFornia? MESSachusetts?

What if it's the US itself?

Good - Ever since they prosecuted that girl for being raped a few years ago I've wanted to go there and dish out lead. An economic collapse isn't too bad, but I'll take it.

When are we invading anyway?

I say if were going to do so called "war on terror" this let do it right and wipe out the whole peninsula.

The lamestream media is playing this down say they are 60 billion in debt and can't pay. America is trillions in debt and soon won't be able to pay. What then?

jj

Well, Dubai has been the center of luxury and excess for the super wealthy including Monarchs of States for a while now. Dubai may owe what it owes, but developers and investors have spent much more and have borrowed for projects there too.

Dubai is building the world's tallest and most opulent skyscraper:

Link

They have built man made opulent islands and sold land for the wealthy to build mansions upon:

Link

There's a lot more at stake than the amount that Dubai owes. (Reports vary from $60 bil to $100 bil.) A LOT of private investors owe even more.

Dubai hasn't had a recession and now they may have a crash, including real estate values. It could run to the $trillions world wide. Lenders could get wiped out in some places.

We live in a world-wide debt-driven house of cards. If not Dubai, what will be the first card yanked out?

so if dubai is 60B deep that means that basically one of there 200highrises is in forecloser? Doesn't sound like a world wide emergency. Besides we can print 60B and send it to them no problem- we do it every day, just ask the obamanator!!

so if dubai is 60B deep that means that basically one of there 200highrises is in forecloser? Doesn't sound like a world wide emergency. Besides we can print 60B and send it to them no problem- we do it every day, just ask the obamanator!!

Some reports say $US60 Bil others, $US100 bil. That's just the country's debt on projects. There are thousands of other big investors there too. Real estate prices and all other prices skyrocketed. What if they crash?

Something somewhere at some point is going to push the first domino in this debt driven world...

They also have a indoor mountain for skiing and snowboarding.

They have been building and making the worlds best of the best for everything. It's really no different than the US only on a much grander and more luxurious scale.
Build huge and hope people will come throw money at you, but when they don't or your debtors want their money, your up the wrong creek without a paddle.....Or a boat and concrete blocks tied to your feet.

I saw a sheiks car at a Dubai car show. I was a one billion dollar car, a Benz SL500 covered in diamonds.
Cost you like 10k just to sit in it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads