JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Would not have thought this would happen in Texas.

Police, 'anti-gun' prosecutor clash with soldiers in area around Fort Hood [VIDEO] | The Daily Caller

The conflict between law enforcement and armed military personnel in the community around Fort Hood, one of America’s largest military bases, has recently and repeatedly involved the issue of gun control — and the tension has been exacerbated in part by an Obama-supporting prosecutor described as a “bandleader” of anti-gun efforts in the heavily conservative community.

The conflict reached a fever pitch last month, when Texas police arrested an active-duty army sergeant for “rudely displaying” a hunting rifle. The sergeant, C.J. Grisham, established an online legal defense fund after he was, in his words, “illegally arrested and disarmed” for carrying the firearm.

“While out hiking with my son through backcountry roads to help him earn his Eagle Scout rank, I was illegally arrested and disarmed without cause. I was thrown in jail and my lawfully owned weapons were confiscated without receipt or notice,” Grisham wrote on the website for the defense fund.

Video of the incident obtained by The Daily Caller shows officers defending their behavior to Grisham while restraining him.

“In this day and age, [people] are alarmed when they see someone with what you have,” one of the officers tells Grisham in the video. “They don’t care what the law is.”

Grisham, who is stationed at Fort Hood, was arrested in his hometown of Temple, Texas, east of the base, after police stopped him for carrying an unconcealed rifle slung over his shoulder. Texas is a right-to-carry state, and law-abiding gun permit owners can carry rifles and hunting weapons openly, so long as the weapons are not being carried in a threatening way.

But one of the Temple police officers told Grisham that anyone holding a gun is considered dangerous, according to the video.

“When you alarm people, and they call us,” one of the officers in the video begins to say, after Grisham asks why the officiers failed to ask for his concealed-carry permit.

“And did you explain to them what the law is, sir?” Grisham asks.

“They don’t care what the law is,” the officer replies. Graham then shoots back, “Do you care what the law is?”

“In this day and age, they’re alarmed when they see somebody with what you have,” the officer replies.

“Just because a guy has got a firearm, he’s dangerous?” Grisham asks, drawing the reply, “Yes, sir.”

One of the officers tells Grisham he was “rudely displaying” the rifle.

Temple police, who did not respond to a request to comment for this story, said in a statement to the local press that Grisham refused to hand over his weapon when asked, forcing them to make the arrest.

Read more: Police, 'anti-gun' prosecutor clash with soldiers in area around Fort Hood [VIDEO] | The Daily Caller

Cool, focusing on harrassing Citizens while there was actual criminals to arrest. Did anyone else notice the awesome muzzle control as the officer removed this guys handgun?

The "feelings" of people are increasingly more important in our culture than laws, facts, and logic. The Republic is transitioning to a Democracy ie "rule by the emotional whims of the masses". Winston Churchill once said that he was against granting the fairer sex the right to vote because it would be "the spearhead" to then opening up society to new liberalizing values, norms, and beliefs that would eventually weaken society. I thought it an interesting historical comment.

I'm no law buff by any means, but Even if he "handed" over his firearm doesn't that violate his constitutional rights against illegal search and seizure? Also that is messed up big time I hope they run those cops jobless.

What is pathetic is the supervisor is involved and is the problem showing clear to his subordinates constitutional rights do not matter.

Funny............. this is not going to end well if police keep doing stunts like this.

Ive said it once and I have said it before, police in every city in the USA are out numbered 1000-1 or greater.

Just sayin !

I can be corrected on this but the last I heard (years ago) the ratio was closer to 10,000 to 1. The ratio is probably higher now.

I'm no law buff by any means, but Even if he "handed" over his firearm doesn't that violate his constitutional rights against illegal search and seizure? Also that is messed up big time I hope they run those cops jobless.

What the video displayed was two attitudes colliding and the police attitude winning. If the officers felt this guy was a threat to their safety for ANY reason they'll do what they did. Was this guy an actual threat? Probably not but the way the guy was running off at the mouth was not helping his cause. He discovered his attitude lost.

I'll bet somewhere in Texas law there is a definition explaining "Rudely displaying" a rifle. There are many odd and stupid laws on the books in every state that have been there for a long long time. Will the cops loose their jobs, highly doubtful.

Sounds like he lost his cool once they grabbed his rifle and started handcuffing him. Blatantly lied about asking for his rifle and I honestly cannot say I would not of been a little aggravated myself.

Statistics indicate that Texas is gradually turning Democrat. It seems leeches are attracted to successful thriving economies.
Statistics or not, my impression having lived there for over 20 years and with my family having a land grant dating from the 1600s; I can say there is a growing liberal movement that is barely being held in check by an attitude of "Texas Pride" (if you have to ask, you probably won't understand). Eventually, like all good things, the negative overcomes the apathetic positive and Texas will have to look north to Colorado to see where they are headed. Just like we only have to look at England and Australia to see where the liberals want us to be on the national level. God help us!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top