JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I ordered (online) my Browning X bolt Hells Canyon in .300 Win Mag from Cabelas, browning has a $100 rebate going until the 26th. I don't do Black Friday stuff, tried once and was a waste of my time. Never again.

A bargain at 2.5x the price? You really should have shopped around... I found this ad for apple monitors online only $250, It may be expired though:D
View attachment 407855

I shop for value, affordability and suitability for purpose. Most TVs do not make a good computer monitor. The LG TV I got for $400 is barely suitable. Dell monitors (I have two at work and three at home) are very good. Had I known that the Dell was only $1000 I would have jumped on it as it is easily twice as good.

Whew I sure am glad I don't have the physical receipts in hand at once. Today I have limited my viewing at point of sale. So it took a lot of stones ...but those birds are dead.
MUCH THANKS TO ALL FOR COLLABORATING WITH ME.NOT ENOUGH TIME AND WIFI IN THESE TIRED FINGERS TO DO IT ALONE...I LAUGHED MY AZZ OFF SEVERAL TIMES ALOUD FROM THE HUMOR WE CAN CREATE OFF EACH OTHER
THANKS
SPECIAL THANKS TO " CAVE-BROTHER JIM " YOUR GRUNT COUNTS. ORDERED A 5DPRO JIG. SAVED ME TONS OF CONFUSED FRUSTATION. GOOD NIGHT

Good time to stock up for the kids in case the legislature goes out of control in the new year!!:mad:

Next year, or the year after, or the year after that - the results will be inevitable, even if it is bit by bit. With the population inevitably growing, becoming more urban, and a larger percentage of the population not owning guns and increasingly anti-gun (or at least showing no concern regarding 2A rights) we will increasingly become a smaller and smaller minority with less and less power. It may not come in my lifetime, but it is coming and I have kids to prepare for.

Although I have been stocking up for years, I have been planning/thinking about ghost guns for a while.

Much of what I had before BGC laws went into effect were suitable, but one can never have too much and something that can go into the ground with no serial number, no official records, nothing to trace back to the owner (that isn't plausibly deniable), and relatively inexpensive (under $400 each on average), while still being a quite effective and common semi-automatic self-defense rifle, is something that I really do not have yet.

While I paid about $500 per self-defense for what I have now, because the rifles are kind of a rare configuration (but share 99% of parts with more common firearms), they sell for at least $2K now (if you can find one) and are just too valuable to put in the ground as insurance.

So as they say, three is two, two is one, and one is none. I want to have at least two levels of 'evil' guns, preferably three. Besides, if SHTF (like a cascadian earthquake) have some extras for neighbors and family may prove to be a lifesaver.

Ordered some odds and ends (holster, rain jacket, socks, etc.) thru Sportman's Guide and joined their buyer's club to get a discount. Got some of their large mortar cans (square) for storage, and some of the round plastic tubes (still have not found the hexagon outer tubes like I already had - mortar charge tubes, I think for a 205mm), but these are fairly close if smaller.

Got an email from Ceratac that my AR parts kit and upper has shipped - that was fast.

I shop for value, affordability and suitability for purpose. Most TVs do not make a good computer monitor. The LG TV I got for $400 is barely suitable. Dell monitors (I have two at work and three at home) are very good. Had I known that the Dell was only $1000 I would have jumped on it as it is easily twice as good.
I know.. I was just being a smarta$$:D What is barely suitable today was state of the art yesterday... My wife and kids go into hysteria every time the internet so much as lags down. I was on the phone with xfinity today calling for a tech because my DL speed is a mere 25mbps... im paying for 10x that. it wasn't long ago that 1mbps was crazy fast. But when a fella puts his hard earned cash into something he wants it to work as hard for him as he worked to get it.

Which one are you looking at? 5D Tactical? That's the one I'd like to get, but it will have to wait until 2018.

It is etrain. After long smart bubblegum conversations with @Caveman Jim he convinced me it was hands down the best option and they are a supporting vendor.

Committed to this NIB M&P 15-22 from another member, pick it up Tuesday...View attachment 407764

Nice you will love that thing. Great training tool for new shooters. :)

I make it a point to NOT spend money on that day.

Problem this year is our microwave blew up to the point it shorted and tripped the breaker in the middle of thanksgiving prep.

So I was forced to get a new microwave because those leftovers aren't going to warm themselves up. Of course the new one is a different size so it requires a new mounting bracket, anchor holes and all that crap to do. More time than I wanted to spend just for some stuffing and turkey.

Damnit anyway.

I worked from home yesterday instead of going into the office. I find it better since open my laptop and connect to the companies VPN network. I got more sleep as well since I did not get up until 8:00 am.

It is etrain. After long smart bubblegum conversations with @Caveman Jim he convinced me it was hands down the best option and they are a supporting vendor.

Nice you will love that thing. Great training tool for new shooters. :)

How about the router? Do you already have one? Getting one? Caveman mentioned the DeWalt was a good choice. I've got a full size Craftsman router, but it really isn't the right tool for this, so I'll need to get one of the smaller ones.

Anyone needs a full size router in good condition, I'll make you a good deal ;)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads