JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh yeah the clip board weight is 3LBS

I could see something like that as being beneficial for a backpack or something. Soft armor 3A is only 1-2 pounds and you could stick it in a backpack and have protection for pistol threats up to 44 mag. It would still break bones probably, but it wouldn't penetrate. Can't say I haven't thought about it or for my kids in the future.

Back when I was in the Army and making my living on a LRRP / LRSD Team we often ditched* helmets and armor for mobility.
*Carried them on our rucks or cached them.
Just saying...
Andy

Understood, but as a civilian I don't have to carry mortar rounds, grenades, heavy machine gun rounds or heavy machine guns, rocket launchers, long distance radio communication gear, or go on missions where I have to carry 100 pounds of gear for long distances. Not trying to compare the two at all, but having played football, wearing 3-5 pounds on my head for an extended duration seems like a good trade off for my noodle having a better chance to survive. But, I also have the neck for it and I am young. If I had a different body type or I was older I would possibly consider differently.

I could see something like that as being beneficial for a backpack or something. Soft armor 3A is only 1-2 pounds and you could stick it in a backpack and have protection for pistol threats up to 44 mag. It would still break bones probably, but it wouldn't penetrate. Can't say I haven't thought about it or for my kids in the future.
The place where I bought the clip board makes insert 's for backpack 's also just for that kids to put in there back pack all different whts and ballistic thickness

Understood, but as a civilian I don't have to carry mortar rounds, grenades, heavy machine gun rounds or heavy machine guns, rocket launchers, long distance radio communication gear, or go on missions where I have to carry 100 pounds of gear for long distances. Not trying to compare the two at all, but having played football, wearing 3-5 pounds on my head for an extended duration seems like a good trade off for my noodle having a better chance to survive. But, I also have the neck for it and I am young. If I had a different body type or I was older I would possibly consider differently.
Gotcha ... I just pointing out that folks have survived combat without helmets or armor.
Carry and use what you want...
Andy

Gotcha ... I just pointing out that folks have survived combat without helmets or armor.
Carry and use what you want...
Andy

Oh most definitely, there is no argument there. In fact a much larger argument would the the "no armor high speed" vs "heavy armored up" both serve there purpose and have their own advantages and disadvantages and the use of each method have their own situations where they are ideal.

Most helmets are more for protection against shrapnel, and pistol ammo.

Occasionally they can protect from rifle rounds depending in what angle they hit and the distance, but mostly they will still penetrate.

In my experience ( granted my last combat was in 1993 / 94 and things have changed )
In some cases the helmet and armor just means more crap to get into the wound when someone is hit.
Andy
Edit to add :
Wear and carry what you want ... I am not saying helmets and armor are worthless.
Just that I see no use of them for me.

Last Edited:
A lot of helmets are still IIIA if that's what it was back then.

Even a 5.56 will penetrate that (though I'm not surprised by that). I'm sure at a certain distance the helmet would defeat it, but I ain't wearing the helmet to find out!

Don't know about the other armor. Could be IV or III, I never really bothered to ask anyone about it.

Even a 5.56 will penetrate that (though I'm not surprised by that). I'm sure at a certain distance the helmet would defeat it, but I ain't wearing the helmet to find out!

Don't know about the other armor. Could be IV or III, I never really bothered to ask anyone about it.

The Orlando nightclub shooter who killed people with a .223 caliber AR variant if I'm not mistaken, (or was it the San Bernadino shooters, I'm not sure)

Anyway, a swat member / cop who was wearing a helmet (I assume it was 3A) took a round to the forehead and it glanced off the helmet.

Not saying that it will stop every bullet or make every bullet glance, clearly all armor has a failing point. But he is alive today because of a helmet after taking a headshot that would have probably killed him immediately.

I'm not saying everyone needs a helmet lol... I have a better chance of getting into a car accident tomorrow than ever needing a helmet like this in my lifetime, but we all have things we don't need so I'll just chalk this up to one of those moments and I'm happy about it :)

I have no idea if they were level IIIA or XXIIIA. :D ( its been a few days since that info was important to know)
All I know is that they were hot , heavy , uncomfortable and didn't really stop a whole hell of a lot of things that wanted to hurt me and mine.
Andy

The Orlando nightclub shooter who killed people with a .223 caliber AR variant if I'm not mistaken, (or was it the San Bernadino shooters, I'm not sure)

Anyway, a swat member / cop who was wearing a helmet (I assume it was 3A) took a round to the forehead and it glanced off the helmet.

Not saying that it will stop every bullet or make every bullet glance, clearly all armor has a failing point. But he is alive today because of a helmet after taking a headshot that would have probably killed him immediately.

I'm not saying everyone needs a helmet lol... I have a better chance of getting into a car accident tomorrow than ever needing a helmet like this in my lifetime, but we all have things we don't need so I'll just chalk this up to one of those moments and I'm happy about it :)
As I said earlier at a certain angle it'll be deflected. So occasionally they do protect against more than what they're meant for, just most likely won't. Distance also matters, but I think it was the angle that most likely did it.

That guy should have gotten himself a lottery ticket with that luck.

Oh now I get it NDN 'S COME ON MAN CALL THEM WHAT THEY ARE useless people living off the government and a 200 year old treaty that Says they can fish when and where they want and hunt when and where they want don't have to buy license bla bla bla yes I blame Custer for this he failed big time

I hope this is just a bad joke

As I said earlier at a certain angle it'll be deflected. So occasionally they do protect against more than what they're meant for, just most likely won't. Distance also matters, but I think it was the angle that most likely did it.

That guy should have gotten himself a lottery ticket with that luck.

Yeah, that is my other thought. It's not that the helmet cannot stop rifle rounds, it's just that rifle rounds have a much higher rate of speed and at some point as a result of distance from target they slow down enough to be stopped by the 3A helmet. That distance might be farther than it is practically possible for most people to shoot, but there is a distance equation in there in relation to the FPS at barrel and mass and composition of the bullet that could tell us those distances.

Back when I was in the Army and making my living on a LRRP / LRSD Team we often ditched* helmets and armor for mobility.
*Carried them on our rucks or cached them.
Just saying...
Andy
Leave them at the fall back position so you have something to cook with...
I suppose they're good for artillery barrages in trench warfare, but if that happens, I won't be worried about which color it is. Chances are everyone's helmet will be brown at that point.

lol, that was like 50 years ago, and in China. A thing of the past, just like I said. Nobody is going to bother launching a full scale war on a first world country with tanks and millions of troops, why bother?

As for Obama inviting a UN invasion force or whatever you want to cal it.... you might want to double up that tinfoil, or make sure its grounded. They're listening, they know you're on to them.

lol, that was like 50 years ago, and in China. A thing of the past, just like I said. Nobody is going to bother launching a full scale war on a first world country with tanks and millions of troops, why bother?

As for Obama inviting a UN invasion force or whatever you want to cal it.... you might want to double up that tinfoil, or make sure its grounded. They're listening, they know you're on to them.

Perhaps you should re-visit your world history courses, if they haven't already been revised to fit the Marxist narrative. Tienanmen Square was not 50 years ago, although I'm guessing you may still have been in diapers at the time. In case you are not well versed on the event, China used it's military to massacre it's own freedom hungry people who were protesting Communist abuses.
This also serve's to illustrate the fact that the left's totalitarian lust and resolve for global domination is alive and well. This can be seen today with China's abuses in the Pacific. It was seen domestically with that abysmal excuse for a President.
Thanks for the tip about the tinfoil. I am on my way now to get the Costco sized roll. Perhaps it will muffle out some of the brainwashed leftist millennial snowflake whining that wafts out of Portland like one of it's overflowing sewers.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top