JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just watched a clip of the assault and I have to agree that charges are well deserved. He was chasing her, he shoved her as she was running away from him and knocked her to the ground. The hit to the head may or may not be accidental, but to my that doesn't matter -- as far as I can tell she was 'complying' and leaving and he attacked her from behind.
That's pretty much my read of the video, too. If the officer had probably cause to make an arrest and was attempting to do so then his first strike was lawful, the second iffy. However, he made no attempt whatsoever to arrest her. He hit her twice and walked away. Thus, it looks like unlawful cop vengeance. I can understand the frustration but cops take an oath, too, and they should be held accountable when they violate it.

That's pretty much my read of the video, too. If the officer had probably cause to make an arrest and was attempting to do so then his first strike was lawful, the second iffy. However, he made no attempt whatsoever to arrest her. He hit her twice and walked away. Thus, it looks like unlawful cop vengeance. I can understand the frustration but cops take an oath, too, and they should be held accountable when they violate it.
What's the point of arresting her when the corrupt DA is just going to drop charges, just like he's done literally a thousand times before?

@Knebel , appreciate you being here to share your point of view and discuss.

I'm just beyond done with what is being allowed, with the PDX mayor marching with actual rioters (treason), with knowingly occupied building being burned, with a District Attorney that refuses to prosecute felonies, with images like this...
portland_riot_fireworksA.jpg
...sorry but I'm just done caring if one of the "peaceful protesters" gets pushed two extra times with a baton. And while all of this is going on the same politicians that are allowing it, fostering the mayhem, defunding the police...they also want to do everything they can to take your and my guns away.

Did you get to see what transpired right before?
There was a much longer video of that evening...
Did you count all the lasers?
Yes, I did see it. How does what happened before justify assaulting a citizen unless the officer is engaged in a lawful arrest? I understand that "what transpired right before" and lasers may explain Officer Budworth's actions but I don't see how they excuse or justify his behavior in this instance.

Last Edited:
The only legal alternatives I see is just exactly what the left has done...RESIST. Folks need to get away from being part of the herd manipulated by fakebook, twit, Google and the media. Get active in questioning folks in public every chance you get and turn the rules for radicals against the radicals.

Folks don't have much choice now, either resist or submit.....:s0093:
The deck is stacked. The longstanding problem with the conservative vs liberal situation when it comes to protests/riots/that kind of behavior - I don't get (or want) to be able to sit on my butt collecting welfare enabling me to go out and protest all the time because I actually have meaningful work to accomplish allowing me to continue paying bills for my family.

If welfare programs ended, we'd see most of these crazy leftist protests on a regular basis dry up almost overnight. Can't be out all day marching when you have to go to work.
Actually, they don't have to "put up with" it. A career in LE is a choice and when you make that choice you accept that you will often have to deal with people at their worst while striving to be at your best--that's the job.

What about a bullet to the head then, would that be okay, too? If not then how and where do you draw the line?

I could be wrong but the problem in Portland doesn't seem to be with police tactics. It seems to be with prosecutors and judges who refuse to hold accountable the vast majority of people arrested after engaging in criminal conduct. That's definitely the case in Seattle.
If you have the philosophy "that's just the job you signed up for," then that will ultimately lead to no good officers being employed. They didn't sign up for that.

In terms of how rioters are dealt with, no, I wouldn't mind if the people setting fire to buildings and assaulting officers were shot. I'd venture to say that the people involved in these events the vast majority of the time are a net loss to society.

The video that's supposed to show what happened isn't showing what She was doing up to the point of that kerfluffel, nor does it show any thing of her prior, so there is no context! Press or not, she was ordered like all the others to disperse and GTFO, and her failing to do so, and getting her self in the middle of that scuffle, got her two to the head, and lucky it wasn't a full manly swing for the center seats! Cannot say she deserved what she got, but also cannot say she didn't! It's kinda like the "Running of the Bulls" you might be innocent, just minding your own business walking down the street with your face planted in your phone and SPLAT, you got bulldozed by an angry bull and his buddies, prolly shouldn't have been there, and prolly should have followed the lawful orders to GTFO, so, she got hit! Was the cop within the law, I say yes, she failed to follow a lawful order!

Green lasers, Molotov cocktails, cement shakes, fireworks fired at people, arson, etc., etc., all constitute potential for grave bodily harm and it wouldn't bother me a bit if the cops (or concerned citizens) shot every one of the M'Fers perpetrating this BS. It should simply be seen as self-defense. 20 or 30 bodies laying in the street at the end of the night would probably discourage most of the next day's crowd.

The video that's supposed to show what happened isn't showing what She was doing up to the point of that kerfluffel, nor does it show any thing of her prior, so there is no context! Press or not, she was ordered like all the others to disperse and GTFO, and her failing to do so, and getting her self in the middle of that scuffle, got her two to the head, and lucky it wasn't a full manly swing for the center seats! Cannot say she deserved what she got, but also cannot say she didn't! It's kinda like the "Running of the Bulls" you might be innocent, just minding your own business walking down the street with your face planted in your phone and SPLAT, you got bulldozed by an angry bull and his buddies, prolly shouldn't have been there, and prolly should have followed the lawful orders to GTFO, so, she got hit! Was the cop within the law, I say yes, she failed to follow a lawful order!
Additionally, just like terrorists people who attack police hide within the "peaceful protestors" and often there are "peaceful protestors" in on the plan to help shield the people assaulting police. Just beat all there asses and the issue will resolve itself.

Yes, I did see it. How does what happened before justify assault a citizen unless the officer is engaged in a lawful arrest? I understand that "what transpired right before" and lasers may explain Officer Budworth's actions but I don't see how they excuse or justify his behavior in this instance.
"Excuse" and "Justify" are subjective determinations. Everyone has their own perspective. Obviously. But, "Legally" has now been defined and measured by his betters.

People are people. Some accept the consequences for their actions head on... And then there are some who have no idea what the hell I just said.

Green lasers, Molotov cocktails, cement shakes, fireworks fired at people, arson, etc., etc., all constitute potential for grave bodily harm and it wouldn't bother me a bit if the cops (or concerned citizens) shot every one of the M'Fers perpetrating this BS. It should simply be seen as self-defense. 20 or 30 bodies laying in the street at the end of the night would probably discourage most of the next day's crowd.
The 2nd Amendment rally where people are literally armed to the teeth have been more peaceful than these Antifa and BLM events.

Some days I think this is what they're looking for; another Kent State for them to leverage.

Yeah I don't see that working. Variety of reasons. First and foremost, people own that land, and it's not those people. If they really wanted to live free they could pool resources and buy a place for a utopian commune or something. Homesteading other peoples places isn't a done thing.
Sounds like Rajneeshpuram to me. Take a visit to Netflix and watch Wild Wild Oregon and see how that played out.

When one party rules the state of Oregon for thirty years its obvious that party is corrupt. Only an audit of the vote can get elections back to real.

Otherwise ask yourself "whats next?" :s0093:
The Republicans have dominated Idaho for longer than thirty years. Is it also obvious to you that the Idaho GOP is corrupt? My point is that simple electoral dominance alone is not evidence of corruption.

Some days I think this is what they're looking for; another Kent State for them to leverage.
Depends on what level of "the plan" we are talking about.

Because the pawns have plans, and then the middle men have plans, and then the larger players have plans. There definitely are segments of society who's be happy for police to be disbanded entirely, like criminals obviously, and the political party that has to keep people oppressed so they can continue to promise if they are elected they can save them...

"Excuse" and "Justify" are subjective determinations. Everyone has their own perspective. Obviously. But, "Legally" has now been defined and measured by his betters.

People are people. Some accept the consequences for their actions head on... And then there are some who have no idea what the hell I just said.
And, with the COunty D.A. who is well known for NOT doing his job, to have openly stated he wanted to go after a "Dirty Cop" lends all credence to the claims against the cop! NOT! That D.A. should swing first, followed by Tear Gas Teddy, and J. Hardly Hardesty, and finally, Gov'ness K8

The Republicans have dominated Idaho for longer than thirty years. Is it also obvious to you that the Idaho GOP is corrupt?
It depends, is Idaho in a state of decay and no matter how much Republicans screw up Idaho do they continue getting voted into office?

Did the Idaho Republicans pull a Gregoire vs. Rossi recount stunt/fraud?

Depends on what level of "the plan" we are talking about.

Because the pawns have plans, and then the middle men have plans, and then the larger players have plans. There definitely are segments of society who's be happy for police to be disbanded entirely, like criminals obviously, and the political party that has to keep people oppressed so they can continue to promise if they are elected they can save them...
I was thinking higher level. The actual rioters' goals seem to be to break, burn or steal something and act bubblegumy to the Cops.

Those cops are saints for not opening fire on these rioters. They should not be prosecuted for being human.
Officer Budworth hasn't been charged for "being human". He's been charged with allegedly committing an unlawful assault. It remains to be seen if a judge or jury will sustain the charge or if the officer will cop a plea.

I was thinking higher level. The actual rioters' goals seem to be to break, burn or steal something and act bubblegumy to the Cops.
Marxist revolution man, before you can make the perfect society you have to tear down the old one. For the higher level planners, they view themselves as untouchable and will never be affected by rules the peasants have to follow.

Additionally, power only grows, and the people who have it only try to get more of it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top