JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Drug free over a year!

(also, has committed no felonies during that time)
Watch the body cam video from when George Floyd was still in car. "I've been rimming" then look up what rimming means in the drug culture. Seems unlikely that this was his first trip back on the chemicals in a year.
Also "committed no felonies" and being caught in felonious activities are two different things.

Assault a police officer ole Mike Schmidt gives you a pass…
True that.
As a police officer, try controlling a non-compliant rioter, ole Mike Schmidt throws the book at ya…
On what basis do you conclude he was trying to control her? The officer struck her from behind as she was running away then he hit her again when she was on the ground. After that he just walked away.

I don't understand why the good people of Multnomah County don't recall Schmidt but a single fourth degree (misdemeanor) assault charge doesn't seem like throwing the book at him.

What's the point of arresting her when the corrupt DA is just going to drop charges, just like he's done literally a thousand times before?
There may be no point in arresting her. However, I am unaware of any rule, regulation, law, or Constitutional provision that gives police officers the right or authority to carry out "street justice" because the perp is unlikeable and the DA is a weasel.

There may be no point in arresting her. However, I am unaware of any rule, regulation, law, or Constitutional provision that gives police officers the right or authority to carry out "street justice" because the perp is unlikeable and the DA is a weasel.
Street justice is an exaggeration. More force than necessary? Who's to say? You have no idea what happened beforehand.

If you have the philosophy "that's just the job you signed up for," then that will ultimately lead to no good officers being employed. They didn't sign up for that.
Yes, they did sign up for that. A career in LE is a choice and when you make that choice you accept that you will often have to deal with people at their worst while striving to be at your best--that's the job.

In terms of how rioters are dealt with, no, I wouldn't mind if the people setting fire to buildings and assaulting officers were shot. I'd venture to say that the people involved in these events the vast majority of the time are a net loss to society.
With that attitude, you are every bit as bad as the Leftists who justify murder and mayhem in the streets of our cities because "ACAB", etc. and the politicians who demonize people as "better clingers" or "deplorables". You are projecting a mirror image of Antifa and their ilk.

nv071biin0571.jpg

Officer Budworth hasn't been charged for "being human". He's been charged with allegedly committing an unlawful assault. It remains to be seen if a judge or jury will sustain the charge or if the officer will cop a plea.
You're wrong. Sorry. Given that Portland's political leadership and the Multnomah County DA saw to it, intentionally, that the police were put in a situation guaranteed to push some or all of those police past the human breaking point, that's exactly what he is being charged with. You can call it something else, that doesn't change what it is. I can call a cow a dog, that doesn't make it so. The exact charge is meaningless, it's merely window dressing for a politically inconvenient truth.

If the Police were being supported, if rioters were going to jail besides a token few, If the police were allowed to arrest rioters in the numbers the situation deserved, If the vast majority of the charges weren't dropped for no other reason than to create chaos, If rioters weren't back on the street rioting 30 minutes after being arrested, if those with "Press" passes actually acted like the press and weren't in fact rioting, if the rioters were actually held accountable for the almost daily death threats and assaults on other citizens, then I would agree with you. But none of that is the case. So no, you're wrong.

I agree what the officer did was wrong. I think he should have faced administrative punishment. He should not be criminally charged for what in reality is being human. The irony is that the man charging him bears a great deal of the responsibility for the conditions that temporarily broke him. It is in fact Mike Schmidt who should be charged in this case.

See the thing is, I don't think you understand that any person can be broken. You too. Me? Yep, been there done that. You? I don't think so. That's why you don't understand. You think the officer is at fault here. What you are missing is that the officer isn't the one at fault, it's the corrupt politicians who intentionally created this situation who are at fault. The ones who wanted to break cops for their political narrative. The ones who are happy to create chaos and murder so as to take political advantage of the bedlam.

You think this guy isn't being charged with being human? Hah. Try and endure what he did for as long as he did. I think it's entirely likely you would have reacted far worse. I would have. Walk a mile in his shoes. Then tell me he isn't being charged with being human.

Yes, they did sign up for that. A career in LE is a choice and when you make that choice you accept that you will often have to deal with people at their worst while striving to be at your best--that's the job.

With that attitude, you are every bit as bad as the Leftists who justify murder and mayhem in the streets of our cities because "ACAB", etc. and the politicians who demonize people as "better clingers" or "deplorables". You are projecting a mirror image of Antifa and their ilk.
That hilarious, but wrong.

No they didn't. Ignoratio elenchi. Everything you wrote after "Yes, they did sign up for that." is all true. And irrelevant. They did not sign up to have their political leaders intentionally put them in an untenable situation for said leader's political gain.

Under appreciated is probably considered to be an understatement by the PPB at this point. Punished for doing their job crosses the line (assuming the union's view on the matter is correct). Either way, Portland is falling apart, especially downtown.

In the comments on the article, one person states that in a city near them, the whole PD quit, including the jail staff, effective immediately (jail staff gave them 8 hours) - not sure where that is, if true - it would be interesting to know where that was - the city was not mentioned
This and thank you.

Cate

Watch the body cam video from when George Floyd was still in car. "I've been rimming" then look up what rimming means in the drug culture. Seems unlikely that this was his first trip back on the chemicals in a year.
Also "committed no felonies" and being caught in felonious activities are two different things.
You missed the sarcasm!
Ol' Georgy ain't done none of his bad in the last year or so, cause he been dead this whole time, and will likely remain so forever after!

No they didn't. Ignoratio elenchi. Everything you wrote after "Yes, they did sign up for that." is all true. And irrelevant. They did not sign up to have their political leaders intentionally put them in an untenable situation for said leader's political gain.
After April 16, 1993, if not sooner, a cop would have to be high or profoundly ignorant to assume that any politician has their back. Regardless, their job and their oath don't give them a pass to assault citizens except in lawful self-defense or, as necessary, to make a lawful arrest. There's no bad-politicians-made-me-do-it exception. The larger circumstances surrounding the incident should be considered as mitigating factors in Officer Budworth's favor and perhaps he will be acquitted. Perhaps not.

See the thing is, I don't think you understand that any person can be broken. You too. Me? Yep, been there done that. You? I don't think so. That's why you don't understand. You think the officer is at fault here. What you are missing is that the officer isn't the one at fault, it's the corrupt politicians who intentionally created this situation who are at fault. The ones who wanted to break cops for their political narrative. The ones who are happy to create chaos and murder so as to take political advantage of the bedlam.
This right here! It is all a part of the plan, once Mike Schmidt got his seat of power, the whole plan to defund the police was to find a cop, any cop and make an example of them, bring charges and show that cops are all a bunch of racist, dirty, out for blood, power hungry, skull crushing, black killers! And boy did they get what they wanted, and it's all for the agenda of "Defund the Police" and they, Tear Gas Ted, the entire city clowncil, and even the Gov'ness are all in on it!
And that Press chick was likely a rioter with a semi official looking generic press pass she printed off the ANTIFA sights, she clearly didn't have any external insignia on her jacket marking her as press, usually required when operating in hostile territory! If she was truly a Non Combatant, she failed to identify herself as such and got her skull popped for it, serves her right!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top