JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
An argument I made with the city attorney. 'Keep this up, and people like me will move away. That means less property taxes, less people that mow their lawns. It's called urban flight.'

Curious what will happen in Sept when people can be evicted again.
The city could care less who moves out and really they want some folks to move because of their views. Fact is even if folks move out the land is still there to be taxed. Folks move out then the city has less services to provide too.

Urban flight is something they want, they have more control and can always get federal money if they spend too much.

Its the system. :s0093:

An argument I made with the city attorney. 'Keep this up, and people like me will move away. That means less property taxes, less people that mow their lawns. It's called urban flight.'

Curious what will happen in Sept when people can be evicted again.
Do you really think the left will allow the eviction of people that haven't been paying rent? I guess seeing as they appear to be passing a law that will do away with the illegality of camping on" Public Property". There's plenty of THAT for the evicted to be living on. The guv will probably buy them tents and grocery delivery/UBER Eats.

The city could care less who moves out and really they want some folks to move because of their views. Fact is even if folks move out the land is still there to be taxed. Folks move out then the city has less services to provide too.

Urban flight is something they want, they have more control and can always get federal money if they spend too much.

Its the system. :s0093:
Look no further than Baltimore where Hardesty on the city council is from!

Flyingpickle said...."An argument I made with the city attorney. 'Keep this up, and people like me will move away. That means less property taxes, less people that mow their lawns. It's called urban flight."

Longwalkhome said...."The city could care less who moves out and really they want some folks to move because of their views. Fact is even if folks move out the land is still there to be taxed. Folks move out then the city has less services to provide too.

Urban flight is something they want, they have more control and can always get federal money if they spend too much."
Creation, care and feeding of another Urban Plantation.

It's authority funded by an unending inflation adjusted flow of federal/state welfare dollars.

It's edicts enforced with the Brown/Black shirt mob and state/federal troops.

You think that's overstating the possibilities?

Imagine Washington DC, capital of the free world, dressed in chain link and barbed wire fencing, federal troops with live weapons pointed outward at US citizens and armed check points criss-crossing the city.

Never happen right?

Oh wait....never mind...nothing to see here....move along.

Last Edited:
Worth reading:

RRT Resignation

It makes too much sense, so will 1) be ignored by the ptb and 2) not get a whole lot of air time in the media.
Nothing in there about skin tone or how a Trump is evil, it won't get a minute of air time.

One thing that was concerning was the peoples homes and families were being threatened by rioters... I view a threat on family as grounds for elimination.

In all fairness LWH they can ride the damn light rail to my little country town!!! and there's the Hail Mary you Albany folks get pulled into Jefferson Or Idaho :D
Oh i was just thinking on the humorous side what to rename Portland and give it a slogan. ;) :s0093:

Westhell was my first thought with a slogan "no cops so come rob, loot and burn with your buddies".

Wasn't funny but it fits when the cops quit.o_O

Home prices will tank. Last I looked, something like 6 million were currently foreclosable, and (?) about 4 million were on the brink. That's not counting the rentals that won't have renters, it's just mortgages.
I don't think they'll tank. It's not 2006; loan underwriting has been more strict in the past decade, people have lots of equity compared with then. Even if prices drop substantially comparatively few people will be underwater. As well, a main driver of the crash was the bad paper written. There's lots of f'ed up derivatives out there now lol but I don't think they center on real estate like they did.

The combo of high % of people w/ positive equity and low interest rates mean that refinancing will be available to lots of folks. Even if forced to pay 100% of the forebarence all at one the banksters will be happy to loan you the money to do it. And it will hardly increase your monthly payment lol!

So I don't see a national thing like 2008. DOn't get me wrong, I'm pessimistic about the economy w/ the current crops of idiots at the helm of national (and some local) gov. And there are always regional crashes/booms, prices may drop - it's pretty much madness now. But again, don't see them absolutely tanking.

Then again I've been calling for high inflation since 2010 or so... what the hell do I know?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top