Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

So it's the end of the world, you have guns, how many have been actually shooting?

Discussion in 'Education & Training' started by theficklefinger, Jun 21, 2013.

1. theficklefinger

theficklefinger Eugene New Member

Would it be fair to say that any serious scenario means we have to stand next to people that haven't put more then a box of ammo through their guns every year?

2. Will

Will Everett Active Member

I expect that depends on the kind of people you plan to stand next to in a serious scenario.

3. CJ1089

CJ1089 Aloha, Oregon Marveling at the world.

Yes of course. They are called 'bullet magnets', 'canon fodder' or 'acceptable losses'. They are quite useful in many scenarios.

4. Ironbar

Ironbar Tigard, OR Well-Known Member

If it's the end of the world, then what the hell do I care?

5. Intention

Intention Hillsboro,oregon Active Member

Just hypothisis or educated guess as they say you may or might or maybe have no one standing with you just a guess. End of the world or just for movie tickets.

6. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I been shooting for the last 50 years whats your point?

7. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Beaverton, OR Active Member

I admit I haven't been shooting for a few months, but I've got hundreds of rounds through my pistol, and quite a few through the shotgun and .17 HMR. Have two .22LR guns I haven't fired yet though, but finally found some ammo for them, at least enough that I can spare some for practice and have enough left on hand if I need them. I've only been a gun owner since November though! Oh, and I have some .223/5.56 on hand too finally, and mags for them... too bad my AR upper is still on backorder!

8. Dapapadon

Dapapadon Gladstone, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Went shooting Thursday. About 500 rounds of .22, 150 9mm & 100 or so 45acp. Even picked up some extra brass.

rocky3 and (deleted member) like this.
  9. bill may

bill may san diego Member

so how would you feel standing next to someone that did 21 years military and others were never in? how would you feel standing next to same guy that has 3 SKS and 3 mosin nagant rifles and some 50 cal cans of bullets? would you stay and load clips and magazines for him? would you bring him a glass of water and a bacon sammich, and say as his 1sgt did "i have not seen shooting like this since viet nam" his 1ssg also said "you 2 guys need to be kept in glass case until war comes so the case can be opened" it has been 2 months since i got to shoot anything,but i will show up and teach others. stack up cheap and stack em deep. molon labe.

10. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

I plan on using whatever gun I can hit something with, grin. I haven't got to shoot like I would like to and it sucks. If they are standing then at least they aren't a sheep. Also who do you think the bad guy snipers are going to target first from a half mile away? Would it be nice for large groups of citizens to train together as volunteer regiments, sure....do you think the liberals would allow something even close? Ultimately I think it will be as the racers say...you run what you brung.
    Brutus out.

11. Old as Dirt

Old as Dirt Pacific NW Active Member

And hope you brought enough...

12. speeddemon94

speeddemon94 The Rogue Well-Known Member

This is an interesting thought to ponder. I think you'll get groups gathered around highly trained individuals as leaders/teachers. And then those groups will likely form larger groups or co-ops, for the purposes of trading beans and bullets, or possibly strength in numbers.

Don't know, but I will pass along my extensive training to as many people that want to learn, in a situation like that.

13. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Never has been. The correct translation is the end of the AGE.

A free humanity will end, but the world will be around for billions of more years. Hopefully house cats will take over.

14. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

Its not the end of the world yet, so I better go mow the yard.

Caveman Jim, 308, Brutus57 and 3 others like this.
  15. Trailboss

Trailboss Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

If it's the end of the world, who really cares? Sorta like fighting over the last cookie when the milk is all gone.

Caveman Jim and (deleted member) like this.
  16. Nick Burkhardt

Nick Burkhardt NE Oregon Well-Known Member

The wife and I hire a babysitter and go out shooting once a month. Sort of like date nite, except with guns.

17. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Doncha worry.... If'n I can see it, I can hit it. Aim small, miss small. ;)

18. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Prophetically speaking (I know you don't buy it, just saying) you are correct. Technically end of the eon. We don't die out, the good guys win and the bad guys perish.

House cats? Maybe, if they aren't Siamese

19. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  20. RBid

RBid Wilsonville, OR Well-Known Member

I shoot regularly, focusing on pistol. I am strongly of the opinion that this is the most crucial and relevant firearm skill to maintain.

I can go a long time without shooting a rifle and still hit well.