JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Re clothing these guys look the same as the frt home visit video that wa gun law guy put out. I think it's the one where homeowner was being real aggressive with them. They were in jeans etc also. Mr Kirk made the statement that they should not be going to peoples houses like that armed, someone is going to get hurt. Their clothing was about the same as these two.

Well, they might if it involves an 89 year old machinegun law.

I don't know why people act surprised when they buy products that skirt the law and it doesn't last forever.
the vid is fake but the question is valid, who gets to decide when skirting the law becomes illegal? Are FRTs currently illegal?

Well, they might if it involves an 89 year old machinegun law.

I don't know why people act surprised when they buy products that skirt the law and it doesn't last forever.
Maybe because, by the very definition of the law, it's not illegal. A forced reset trigger, just like a bump stock, does not mechanically produce fully automatic fire, it just produces assisted semi-automatic fire. There's a way to make laws in this country, it requires voting. If the powers that be don't like the free-market engineering things that do not violate the law as written, then they should follow the procedures to change the laws.

I am totally not buying this video.

I am unsure of the motive(s) of whoever produced this video, but for those of us who've actually worked a minute in law enforcement, that's not how the particular bureau operates (looks or talks).

"So... like, you're refusing... ?"

Geez, lady... what part of "I won't be answering any questions" did you not understand?

I'm not buying the video as genuine, but I've had a bug up my @ss for 30 years about sloppy cops dressed in jeans for no other reason than they think they look cool... talking about real cops here.
Be a professional, for crying out loud. Serving a warrant? Put on some grown-up pants and a shirt with a collar (maybe even buttons). Make an attempt to look and act better than the citizens you're trying to put in the jug. Have a little respect for the job, it's implications and responsibilities... maybe even try to work up some respect for your "customers", ESPECIALLY in circumstances like this.
Plain-clothes billets and operations are hell-and-gone different than undercover ops where you may be required to look and act like a POS.

These two sloppy box-checkers need to watch more cop shows.. they're not very convincing. Or, maybe that's exactly where they get their material from...?

A lot of people are saying the jeans makes it not real. Look at this video of part of operation reticent recall where they did a house visit to try to collect trigger(s). The atf agents were in shorts and t shirts. Other similar videos are out there also. In fact all of the ones I've seen they dress similar to tshirt and jeans.

Skip to 3:16 mark

the vid is fake but the question is valid, who gets to decide when skirting the law becomes illegal? Are FRTs currently illegal?
Apparently, some of them are. The ATF has a lawsuit against the company currently.

And let's be clear: I'm not talking about someone changing the law so a century old 20 round magazine is now illegal. I'm talking about a new invention designed to workaround a long existing law. A binary trigger can produce 800 rpm, yet it isn't full auto? A pistol brace allows you to fire a pistol like a short barreled rifle, but is still a pistol? Everyone knew what they were buying.- a back door past a well known law using a technicality.

_nc_ohc=RTGKjE0eBwcAX9jAab4&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

A lawsuit is how we make something illegal?
No. A lawsuit is how the government deals with a company that is making an illegal product, committing fraud, polluting, etc. In this case I think the ATF have informed them that some of their products are out of compliance and they ignored the regulator.

Apparently, some of them are. The ATF has a lawsuit against the company currently.

And let's be clear: I'm not talking about someone changing the law so a century old 20 round magazine is now illegal. I'm talking about a new invention designed to workaround a long existing law. A binary trigger can produce 800 rpm, yet it isn't full auto? A pistol brace allows you to fire a pistol like a short barreled rifle, but is still a pistol? Everyone knew what they were buying.- a back door past a well known law using a technicality.
Poorly written laws are now on the shoulders of gun owners? Words have definitions. If law makers can't take the time to learn the subject matter, shame on them.

A metal card is not a machine gun. How about that? The government confirms something is legal, in writing, then says it's not. How about that? Gun owners buying legal products are not the bad actors.

No. A lawsuit is how the government deals with a company that is making an illegal product, committing fraud, polluting, etc. In this case I think the ATF have informed them that some of their products are out of compliance and they ignored the regulator.
Does the ATF wait until the lawsuit is settled befor taking action on enforcing?

Poorly written laws are now on the shoulders of gun owners? Words have definitions. If law makers can't take the time to learn the subject matter, shame on them.

A metal card is not a machine gun. How, about that? The government confirms something is legal, in writing, then says it's not. How about that? Gun owners buying legal products are not the bad actors.
As long as gun owners aren't punished, it isnt on them. Citizens werent being punished when cocaine was made illegal, either.

But my point is that individual consumers are setting themselves up for disappointment when they buy new products that are clearly designed to circumvent the intention of the law. It will only be so long before the regulators realize and adjust the regulations accordingly.

The outrage over bump stocks, oil filter can adapters and pistol braces is ridiculous.

Am I the only one that gets a, "That video looks entirely fake," vibe?

Its not confirmed at all and the whole gun-internet is losing their minds.

"They're cummin fur yer goons!"

"Time 2 get strapped bois."

"Oh my go, oh my god, BUY BUY BUY!"

As long as gun owners aren't punished, it isnt on them. Citizens werent being punished when cocaine was made illegal, either.

But my point is that individual consumers are setting themselves up for disappointment when they buy new products that are clearly designed to circumvent the intention of the law. It will only be so long before the regulators realize and adjust the regulations accordingly.

The outrage over bump stocks, oil filter can adapters and pistol braces is ridiculous.
I noticed on Temu that about every other page down thru their list of stuff on sale is a "filter" kit.

They might, if the issue is contestable enough that a judge should weigh in.
The ATF is chasing their tail....
The problem is the prohibition in the first place. The difference, today, is technology is radically more efficient. 30yrs ago a court ruling pretty much ended ideas, but today almost anyone can take a product to market... Moving the goalpost so to speak.
Similar to the ghost gun market... (I have a theory that technology will force gun prohibitions out....)

If they would just end full auto prohibition then at least the govt could regulate who has them better and it would be much easier to stop others from skirting the law when theres a formal process.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top