JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I agree with you! I have been watching and paying attention. I was just reading today about peoples stories of their lives these days. ALOT of people are unemployed and have been for 1-2-3 and 4 years. They are putting in hundreds of applications to anywhere. (Walmart and McDonalds included.) Not many are hirring. I myself have been unemployed for 1 year and 2 months. I have put in around 200 Resumes/Applications. Only had 3 interviews during that time. Just today I recieved 2 calls for work. 1 guy needs help for 1 week starting in a few days. If he gets more work I may get to work more for him. The other guy is supposed to call me back anytime now. Over a year and finally 2 real bites!!!! I hope I get one of them and can keep working as long as possible. IT IS VERY HARD OUT THERE! We all need to be thankful for what we have! It doesnt look like its gonna get any better for this Country. I personally hope people have their hearts right with my Savior Jesus Christ. I am not trying to preach...but that is what I believe.

If I was a prayin' man, I'd be prayin' for ya. I wish you luck, and hope you have friends and neighbors to help you through the tough times ahead.

What upsets me the most is that things didn't have to be this way. The greedy pigs at the top did this intentionally. They know very well what they have done to this country.

Got the call. He is sending me an Application(email). He wants me to start at$10.50 per hr. My last job paid me $19.75 per hr. O well! I'll smile and take it! :D

Yeah I'm ready. Men and Women..If you dont/cant tell its bad and getting worse, you need to really open your eyes and look around. I believe the worse is yet to come! I hope everyone is ready but millions are probably not.

It isnt over until we give up. :)

If I was a prayin' man, I'd be prayin' for ya. I wish you luck, and hope you have friends and neighbors to help you through the tough times ahead.

What upsets me the most is that things didn't have to be this way. The greedy pigs at the top did this intentionally. They know very well what they have done to this country.

Thank you and I agree.

It should be pointed out that the greedy pigs you speak of are our government. They are the ones that set this up and they are the ones that are letting it go on. Your stimulus money went to keep government funded and they live high on the hog while the people pay for it.

Sooner or later you guys will focus on who the real villians are and it is progressives in government. We have the best form of government in the world but the most corrupt people ever in history running it.

jj

Trust me - This time it's different.

Back in the day, we were 90% self-sufficient farmer, 10% urban. The numbers are backwards this time. A large swath of the population thinks you get dinner from the spaghettios tree. There have been studies that suggest human beings are 13 hungry days from being willing to kill for food - 19 days from cannabalism.

If you think this engineered global financial melt-down is going away anytime soon - best of luck to ya. I'm convinced the party is just getting started.

I'm just sayin'...

I agree completely. No one is self reliant anymore. And they're gonna come looking for it from those who are. We've turned 180 degrees from where we were during the first depression. Everyone's a consumer. Barely anyone generates for themselves. WHEN it crashes, alot of people are going to be hungry and desperate. If you were watching your children starve, what would you be? Unfortunately I fear many of us will face that exact situation in the near future.

It should be pointed out that the greedy pigs you speak of are our government. They are the ones that set this up and they are the ones that are letting it go on. Your stimulus money went to keep government funded and they live high on the hog while the people pay for it.

Sooner or later you guys will focus on who the real villians are and it is progressives in government. We have the best form of government in the world but the most corrupt people ever in history running it.

jj

Could not have said it better myself.

-d

...Add in the different moral code we seem to be living by today and "it's gonna get f***ing ugly".

Along with the economics and employment statistics, this is what really spooks me about any major disaster / SHTF scenario. Without getting into historical speculation and sociological interpretation, the America that survived the Great Depression seems to have been full of an entirely different stock of people than those who populate the America of 2010, by and large.

• I'll do what it takes to help my family. / I'll wait for the government to help me.
  • I'll save what I can and go without finer things to ensure I've got necessities. / I'll spend as much as I can and then some, then act bewildered when my home gets foreclosed on.
  • I can count on myself in case of emergencies (and general living). / I'm unable to be self-sufficient and need to place calls for every minor inconvenience to be repaired/resolved.
  • I treat people with decency & respect and help my neighbors. / @#$% you.

Granted, we look at the "greatest generation" and all that, but I'm sure it'd only take a little big of digging around into our country's past to see that people haven't been decent and civilized the whole time.

But regardless, I'd rather have my grandparents' generation be my neighbors than the ones I have now, if that makes any sense.

Granted, we look at the "greatest generation" and all that, but I'm sure it'd only take a little big of digging around into our country's past to see that people haven't been decent and civilized the whole time.

I think a big difference is, in the past, a lot more "bad" people got their a**es kicked by the good people, which helped to keep them in line. American society, as a whole, did not tolerate a**holes near as much as we do these days. Today you can't stop anyone from doing anything - you have to call the cops or risk being thrown in jail, getting sued, and losing everything if you do intervene (even on your own property). Our current society is pretty much hopeless. I would welcome a severe and protracted crisis if it would result in modern Americans waking up and becoming real Americans again.

I think a big difference is, in the past, a lot more "bad" people got their a**es kicked by the good people, which helped to keep them in line. American society, as a whole, did not tolerate a**holes near as much as we do these days. Today you can't stop anyone from doing anything - you have to call the cops or risk being thrown in jail, getting sued, and losing everything if you do intervene (even on your own property). Our current society is pretty much hopeless. I would welcome a severe and protracted crisis if it would result in modern Americans waking up and becoming real Americans again.

Sign me up for some of that!!!

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." - Conan (from The Tower of the Elephant by Robert E. Howard)

I think a big difference is, in the past, a lot more "bad" people got their a**es kicked by the good people, which helped to keep them in line.

Add in the anonymity of the internet and I'd agree that in general people are a **** of a lot less civil then they once were. I will see an article on a news site about someone getting killed in a auto accident and see comments like 'haha, loser probably deserved it.' WTF has to be wrong with someone for them to say something like that? God help us all when the fit hits the shan and hopefully a few more assclowns getting a coming to Jesus talk will help.

-d

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads