JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
With all the footage of Ukranians clearing trenches, it seems this would be a good use for shotguns, submachine guns, and especially the AKS-74U krinkovs that were so prevalent in photo ops towards the beginning of the war. Has anyone heard of this practice occurring or have photos/videos showing this?

I can't say anything about newsreels and such....since I don't watch 'em.

However something to consider with specialized firearms is that they are ...well... specialized.
And tend to do one thing very well...but limited in their effectiveness or usefulness outside of their intended role.

So since combat can be ever changing and fluid , so to speak , a firearm that does many things "good enough"..
Is often "better" than a firearm that does one thing excellently.
Andy

Last Edited:
I don't specifically recall any smg's, but I did recently watch a video with an injured Ukrainian trying to find his AK47 shorty before being casevaced. Check out Civ Div and Nucking Futz Yuri for good videos. Seeing lots of bullpups, brens, and m4 of all configurations, but with all the drone warfare, I am honestly surprised we haven't seen any 10 or 12 gauge goose guns in the trenches.

I don't specifically recall any smg's, but I did recently watch a video with an injured Ukrainian trying to find his AK47 shorty before being casevaced. Check out Civ Div and Nucking Futz Yuri for good videos. Seeing lots of bullpups, brens, and m4 of all configurations, but with all the drone warfare, I am honestly surprised we haven't seen any 10 or 12 gauge goose guns in the trenches.
I would think that the drones could easily stay out of shotgun range.
Those drones are deadly accurate with their grenade dropping.

I see mosly variants of the Ak74 in use with trench clearing troops with PKM's mixed in and occasionally an M249 and some AR's. Seems most of the foreign volunteers have some sort of Nato issue weapon in 5.56 though.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews