JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just caught this image on a news feed this morning

state of the art sniper system - for 1936

Russian Sniper in Ukraine.jpg

Bet it still gets the job done! Rifles were capable of outstanding accuracy well over a hundred years ago, and the main thing that separates modern from vintage rifles are better optics.

Bet it still gets the job done! Rifles were capable of outstanding accuracy well over a hundred years ago, and the main thing that separates modern from vintage rifles are better optics.
Beat me to it.

That's the thing about firearms.. If they function properly, they can be as effective today as modern rifles are in their use by a capable marksman.

Vasily Zaitsev(Best known today in the West from "Enemy of the Gates") was credited with dispatching 250+ enemy soldiers utilizing an M1891in WWII.

A 7.62x54mmR is quite capable of delivering a very bad day to someone on the receiving end.

Beat me to it.

That's the thing about firearms.. If they function properly, they can be as effective today as modern rifles are in their use by a capable marksman.

Vasily Zaitsev(Best known today in the West from "Enemy of the Gates") was credited with dispatching 250+ enemy soldiers utilizing an M1891in WWII.

A 7.62x54mmR is quite capable of delivering a very bad day to someone on the receiving end.
Vasily used a M91/30 with a PE scope

vasily_zaytsev_note_the_longer_4_power_PE_scope.jpg P1030698.JPG

Lots of them in the back-up forces, Luhansk militia units, paramilitaries, etc. I saw this pic on ar15.com a few weeks ago. Not in front line troops but elsewhere, yes.

nbp67shy87l81.jpg

As Vasily famously said, for them, "There was no land beyond the Volga." Meaning, no retreat. Apparently Putin's pulled a Stalin and done the same, reportedly using death squads behind the lines to catch soldiers not into the whole murder and pillage thing he's got going on. Apparently some have even fragged their own commanders, albeit with tanks:

Last Edited:
Apparently the Russkis didn't learn their lessons from their Pyrrhic invasion of Finland.

History has a way of repeating itself.

View attachment 1161604
that's very appropriate - I read this morning Russia is incinerating their dead at field morgues and not returning the bodies to their families
Ukraine has asked repeatable if they can return the Russian war dead to their country, as required by international law and Russia will not take them back

I take everything being published by the media with a heavy dose of skepticism. Several major headlines have already been shown to be false or retracted when scrutinized. This conflict is as much a global show with electronic media's ability to beam news instantly around the globe as it is an opportunity for sides to lie about each other. Gain the sympathy of the public.

I take everything being published by the media with a heavy dose of skepticism. Several major headlines have already been shown to be false or retracted when scrutinized. This conflict is as much a global show with electronic media's ability to beam news instantly around the globe as it is an opportunity for sides to lie about each other. Gain the sympathy of the public.
"In war, the first casualty is truth."

the image of the Russian commander is Putin
it's just a commentary that Russian mothers are sending their babies, even if they are 18 - 20, off to a war that will incinerate them
I see that now. I thought that was Khrushchev. Thanks.

I see that now. I thought that was Khrushchev. Thanks.
Russian strategy has sadly been based on providing cannon fodder is massive numbers to overwhelm the enemy. In WW2 it was common to send unarmed and ill prepared troops onto the battlefield with instructions to take arms from first dead soldier he finds, and if luck also has ammunition. Life has always been cheap to Russian/Soviet leaders.

and we don't know if this is propaganda or not, but a Ukraine farming community banned together, blew their local bridge and destroyed a Russian armored column of 30 vehicles, using British AT rockets, Shop keepers, old house wife's and farmers defended their town
of course, they know Russia will be back in force to rebuild their bridge and drive into Ukraine, but the first time, they bloodied Putin's nose!

would our NW farm communities do the same?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top