JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have an offset smoker I use for large batches, but most of the time I use I use my Webber 22" grill for smaller stuff. I use the minion method, line 2 rows of coals 2 coals high 1/2 way around the edge. I put some wood chunks on the first 1/3 -1/2 of the coals. Light a small batch of coals in the chimney starter and transfer once they are going. This method works for a good 8+/- hours depending on the outside conditions without opening the lid.
For a pork shoulder I use a Memphis dry rub, add hot water to a tray right before I start the shoulder. Once the coals get to the end I wrap in foil and finish in the oven. Shred after resting add a little more dry rub and juices from the foil. Yumm!
Another favorite is jalapeños stuffed with cream cheese, wrapped in bacon, and smoked.

IMG_4405.JPG I'm addicted to Cash N Carry spare ribs that I cut down to a Memphis style. Best ribs and the best price. This recipe is super simple and amazing for ribs. The honey, butter and brown sugar puts a perfect sweet and savory finish.

Last Edited:
what do you use for keeping the wood in? just the tray that came with it ir something else?

My smoker wood tray is pretty good sized and soaked chips spread evenly across the bottom will keep smoke going for a good hour plus. After that, I add chips through a side door "flapper" as needed. However I have found that for turkeys, keeping smoke on them for 2 hours is about right. If you continue to smoke beyond that, the smoke becomes overpowering in the meat. 2 hours of smoke and then just let them slowly cook in the smoker until the internal temperature reaches 165 to 170. I have an iGrill2 bluetooth remote temperature probe that keeps me appraised of how they are coming along.

This is a great thread. Great recipes and knowledge here. I'd like to bring this back to the top, since I just bought an electric digital smoker off of amazon. Couldn't resist the price and free 2 day shipping. Anyone here have experience with the 30" masterbuilt smoker?? Seems like it is easy to use, it's well insulated and has plenty of room (730 sq. inches) for smoking dang near anything. I've been wanting one of these for a long time. Wish me luck....;)

This is a great thread. Great recipes and knowledge here. I'd like to bring this back to the top, since I just bought an electric digital smoker off of amazon. Couldn't resist the price and free 2 day shipping. Anyone here have experience with the 30" masterbuilt smoker?? Seems like it is easy to use, it's well insulated and has plenty of room (730 sq. inches) for smoking dang near anything. I've been wanting one of these for a long time. Wish me luck....;)
Join the club I got new smoker for Christmas and still in the box LOL can't decide what to cook first lol not really true haven't had time lol between working on car and drinking beer mmmm maybe I do have time ahhhh Nope I'll get it going one day

Ha ha. You could have been smoking meat while working on cars and drinking beer. I think that's what I'll like the most about the unit I just bought. Electric/digital and easy to use.

Ha ha. You could have been smoking meat while working on cars and drinking beer. I think that's what I'll like the most about the unit I just bought. Electric/digital and easy to use.
Well I was looking at the one you got but my sister got me the BIG CHIEF electric for Christmas so yes I could have been smoking stuff I have just been lazy

View attachment 332103 View attachment 332104

This would be my ideal setup as I do not have access to good applewood and I'm not a hickory fan. If I lived down south and had access to good wood I would be a wood fire fan but as it is I use charcoal and wood chips.

Fire box on one side, grill in the middle (or you can smoke in it like I do now) and a smoker on the other side. Feeds a huge party!

Joe, I still like the looks of that bad boy. On my off time from work, I think I may build me one of those.......;)

Well I was looking at the one you got but my sister got me the BIG CHIEF electric for Christmas so yes I could have been smoking stuff I have just been lazy

That duck breast is still in the freezer, waiting to be smoked man...:p I'm sure that big chief will work just fine..

Here are some of my favorite smoker/barbecue sites. Many tips and recipes to review. Different rubs for different meats. Wood is very important for the right smoke flavor. Just don't overdo it. To strong a smoke will ruin the flavor of the meat itself.

The Smoke Ring Check out the library and forum.
The Virtual Weber Bullet - For the Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker smoker enthusiast
amazingribs.com
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. - Powered by vBulletin

I use a Weber Smokey Mountain.

View attachment 332314

Prime rib. I use Penzeys English prime rib rub. Pecan and cherry wood
View attachment 332315

Ribs.
View attachment 332316

Pork shoulder and brats
View attachment 332317

That weber smokey mountain gets rave reviews. I guess it's one of the best on the market and that food is making me hungry. Damn that looks good!!!!!

Ahhhh Hello his name is the HAWAIIAN so sense I have been drinking I'm not going to look at his pictures because I will go burn down my garage trying to get my smoker smoking lol

Lol when you're in a family where each of the guy's from the age of like 15 eats a whole chicken for dinner lol yep you learn to cook meat lol not a lot of smoker stuff but good rubs and seasoned some wet soak stuff chicken sit sauce onions surger water soy over night next day BBQ forget bout it

Share your smoking rub recipes also what type of smoker you use and wood that you use.
Yes I am looking for your secret hand me down recipes. (if your willing to share) don't be shy it will be just be between you and me:rolleyes:

I'm just starting and so far My rub is season salt and the wood is fresh cut apple twigs on a gas cajun injector smoker. I've got chicken down pretty good but I'm wanting to expand to ribs and brisket.

By Golly Wally you sure have got that Alpaca sausage recipe down pat!!! Good Lawdy it's good!!!

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top