JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Gotta do something with all the salmon in the freezer so I thought I'd run a batch through the smoker this weekend.

78AA6DBF-170D-468A-980F-3FEBEFCED0B3.jpeg

Wet brine with brown sugar, soy, garlic salt, minced garlic, and black pepper. Skin side up after pic.

D7B56C4D-849D-46A8-A47A-A2B4002EE2E5.jpeg

Three big fillets per container, brined in the fridge overnight.

44D71E91-2A98-497C-8BF5-A74228E67123.jpeg

Alder smoke tomorrow. Should be fantastic.

P

I have some salmon in the freezer that needs to.be smoked. Guess I'll have to.learn how to go about it.
Looks good.
Read this:

I always dry the fillets ( never ever steaks) as much as I can with paper towels, dry rub liberally with Black Pepper and Paul Prudhomme's meat magic (original blend only) pan fried smokin hot with olive oil to sear the bark to the flesh, then off to the smoker for 4 to 6 hours depending on the wood and outside temps! If I cold smoke it, it only takes around 4 hours to get it nice and smokey but not overly done, I still want to taste the fish. Once it's done in the smoker, it should be fully cooked, but still nice and juicy, so off to the oven with a good coating of miracle whip and green onions and thin sliced lemon and baked for half an hour covered in foil! Serve with fresh steamed veggies of choice and lots of drawn butter, perfection!

For a sweater flavor, a few spoons full of clover honey, 3 super fine crushed anise seed, and crushed dill weed and a pinch of dill seeds, prep and finish as above! Best with fresh baked Russian Black Bread and sweet cream butter, and any steamed veggies of choice, personally, I like Broccoli, and Baby Carrots!

Nice looking Fish Pharm, share the finished Picts!

Four hours of smoke at 150F the probe said 127F. I was shooting for 130F so I said good enough for the girls I go out with.

Broke off a chunk and took it to the bride.

She said perfect.

P

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top