JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had a Sig 938, best small 9mm I've ever had.
The 938 is about the smallest current production 9mm pistol, it hides easy and shoots like a larger(at least for me), felt recoil was comparable to Glock 19 which I shot the same range trip. That said be aware 9mm ammo is not easy or cheap to get right now, I'd make sure you can get some ammo first.

The 938 is about the smallest current production 9mm pistol, it hides easy and shoots like a larger(at least for me), felt recoil was comparable to Glock 19 which I shot the same range trip. That said be aware 9mm ammo is not easy or cheap to get right now, I'd make sure you can get some ammo first.
Ammo isn't any issue.....I've been able to find 9mm. I've probably collected 750 RDS in last two weeks on the shelf. Target rds. Self defense is always there. Now just need the smoke to clear do the range is open.

Get a used Rohrbaugh 9mm.
They're about $1000 when you find one.

The size of a Ruger LCP .380

Good review on it here:

Pretty sure the diamondback db9 is the smallest and lightest weight 9mm out there. Mine is just slightly bigger than my lcp, not sure it would be safe getting any smaller than those too. I use the db9 as a fanny pack backpacking gun. You can make glock night sights work for them.

Any EDC piece is always a subjective experience. What is perfect for one is horrendous to another.

For me i've used the following small EDC's

1. Sig P938
2. Sig P238
3. CM9
4. PM9
5. 738 TCP
6. CW9
7. Sig P365

All of the above have great reasons to both love and hate them, often in equal measure! From a functional perspective I really loved the CM9 & PM9 from Kahr. Great build quality, love how they shoot and very competitively priced. The mandate for me was to be small and easy to conceal wearing shorts and other outside warm weather gear, something my usual EDC of choice 'Glock 19' didn't lend itself too in my opinion. The 738 TCP was awesome from a size perspective, so small and so easy to conceal, but was snappy as all get out! Loved being able to pop it in a kydex IWB holster though and sliding on my belt. As concealability, weight and comfort were things I was looking for I was trying to find the best fit for me. Sadly, as is often the case, I didn't subscribe to the 'buy once, cry once' mantra and so went around the houses so to speak.

Finally I just sucked it up and purchased the Sig P365 and haven't looked back. This is about as small as I would want to go and still have the ability to carry well in all weathers but also be an accurate and controllable shooter. Add a couple of 12 round extended mags and an IWB mini stealthgearUSA holster and that thing disappears and has all day comfort with only a few rounds shy of my G19! It's expensive for sure, but not bank breakingly so when you look at what people spend on nice custom pieces, but it is definitely worth it in my opinion.

Best piece of advice I can offer is to go to a range and rent the fun counter, fire as many different ones as you can and figure out what you like. I had my heart set on a couple of options but as soon as I got them in the real world it was a different story. Whatever you choose good luck with it! ;o)

(shown here with the OWB stealthgear revoltuon holster)

20200703_210730.jpg

Pretty sure the diamondback db9 is the smallest and lightest weight 9mm out there. Mine is just slightly bigger than my lcp, not sure it would be safe getting any smaller than those too. I use the db9 as a fanny pack backpacking gun. You can make glock night sights work for them.
Yeah but last I heard they aren't +p rated, the SIG 938 is and was originally designed to handle it. If that has changed and quality has improved I'd consider getting a DB9 when 9mm gets cheap again.

Kimber Micro 9 or Solo Carry are pretty damn small, perfect pocket size!
I rock a CZ-82 9X18 Mak, which is pretty much the same as "Standard" 9X19 ammo when using the hot Czech ammo with it!
Perfect size for pocket carry! :cool:
1600226597657.png
1600226627141.png
1600226745089.png

i could not avoid the controls on a micro9 while shooting it, so went with a gen2 db9. re db9- don't limp wrist it ! that is a heavy recoil spring on a frame that weighs nothing. limpwristing will induce a shortstroke for sure.
rides in my back pocket way better than my j-frame.

Well lots of choices, stumbled on the g4 db9. In armslist. It is tiny....and not above500$ I'll give this ago.

View attachment 750356
They are nice. They seemed to solve the reliability issues with the gen 4. Capacity is not what the new hotness (sig365, hellcat) is but it's size kills everything.

Snappy shooter though.

I case we haven't decided yet on what the smallest, most uncomfortable, snappiest, trigger biting, polymer 9mm is. I submit, THE KEL TEC, PF-9!....

Please keep back flips and applause to a minimum.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top