Small 9

Dinglenutz

Reactions
I'd say the Keltec P-40 was one of the most unpleasant things to shoot I've ever owned. For those who never had the pleasure, it was essentially the 40 S&W version of the P-11.

Having gotten that off my chest, if you want something small, look into a 380 or an airlite.

Reno

Reactions
So if you are looking for a g4. There are a couple on arms list . And they wouldn't ship. I over paid but considering the shortage I was okay....275,$ with two extra mags....I have seen them as low as 219 retail is 279
I paid 200 for the one I have. Want a second, was curious what those available are going for.

Thanks for sharing the info.

Mikej

Reactions
I tried a micro - Ruger LC9S.

Not fun to shoot.

I gave it away.
The wife still has her LC9 that she refuses to let me sell, since she got her Sig938. :s0092: From what I just read the lc9s should be a better trigger than the original. The problem is if you have "Man Hands". That lc9 feels like by the time the trigger breaks I've almost got my fingertip digging into the base of my thumb!

Reactions
I'd say the Keltec P-40 was one of the most unpleasant things to shoot I've ever owned. For those who never had the pleasure, it was essentially the 40 S&W version of the P-11.

Having gotten that off my chest, if you want something small, look into a 380 or an airlite.
As with everything with hand guns for protection all trade offs. Those .40's KT made for a while were were a maker went too far. They made a pistol a large portion of the public could not shoot. They kept getting them back saying they did not work and the factory could find nothing wrong. They finally dropped them due to the "bad press" over them. There are some 9s now that come close to this. Some .380's are close too. I have one by Ruger (LCPII) that the Wife can't shoot. When we bought it I ran multiple boxes of ammo through it to test the action and it had me flinching badly by the end of that session. The Tech has evolved to the point they can make pistols that work so small and light that many can no longer shoot them. So the trade off comes in. Something people will carry vs something they can and will practice with and can hit what they shoot at with.

Dinglenutz

Reactions
Those .40's KT made for a while were were a maker went too far. They made a pistol a large portion of the public could not shoot. They kept getting them back saying they did not work and the factory could find nothing wrong.
My brothers and I got one each, they all worked fine but we all have man hands, accustomed or at least with a history of manual labor. Almost no one else who tried one of ours could make it work properly, and it's one of only two pistols to ever wear a hole in my hand. Profoundly unpleasant, but a real micro-cannon.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Free Firearms Safety Course (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Seattle, WA, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
  • Umpqua Survival
    4.00 star(s)
    Easy NFA transfer
    I had a silencer transferred through their shop. The paperwork was quick and the staff helpful and friendly. Whilst waiting, I did see a nice...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome staff
    Being new to the area and having just made an online purchase of an AR lower, I opted to use MK Tactical as my FFL, without knowing anything about...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
Top Bottom