JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a late H&R pardner circa 2014 / 2015 and it works just fine.
The fit is on par with the older models....the stock is laminate and the finish is almost a parkerized finish.
( I do like the stained hard wood and case coloring on the older models better )
But the gun itself as I said works and locks up fine...its a 20 gauge model with a 26 inch barrel and modified choke...
Andy

So what happened to Freedom Arms?
Remington was part of them.
I think Winchester was at one time, too (this would be before the advent of USRAC).
Some say that's when troubles began for Remington.

Thanks for the update gmerkt. I didn't know all that happened so long ago.

...now, getting back on subject....

I don't think these have been posted, but there's a few (VERY few! :mad:) hunting videos featuring singles.
Here's a couple (mind the volume knob, the music in the second one is kinda loud)....

That's kinda neat....I'd rather have a updated Ithaca Auto & Burglar shotgun ....
Something that can take 2 3/4 shells and in 20 gauge...just cause I like 20 gauge....:D
( And yeah I know that its not a single shot...but it is my thread....:D )
Andy

Fun little accessory for a 12 gauge break-barrel single shot shotgun - the Chiappa X-Caliber adapter set. I bought one used (but looked brand new) a few years back, and it's a great addition to the single shot shotgun. I've used them out to 50 yards and the accuracy is acceptable. A little more practice and I think you could do 100 yards. Nice too if you ever found yourself short on one kind of ammo but had another available.

new_chiappa_xcaliber__28718.1389289146.1280.1280.jpg

Last Edited:
Never really been a shotgun guy whatsoever but did buy into the common wisdom that everyone should have a 12 gauge shotgun. To that end, I bought a Baikal MP-18 single shot for something around $100 quite a few years ago. Turned out to be surprisingly fun and I've liked it enough to shoot it quite regularly and have never really felt the need to upgrade to something with a higher capacity.

I don't think they're being imported anymore so there's also that bit of satisfaction of having bought something when it was cheap and available before the opportunity disappeared.

JD,

I understand the Model 37, and its varients, are fairly collectible.
You should do a pictorial thread showing and explaining the differences with the variations you have.
Should be an interesting read.

Well most of them are in Iowa that's where I store most of my stuff but I can go through a little history and post pics later. Winchester started off with the model 20 small frame break open .410 also came in a youth kit, the model 41 .410 bolt this came in a deluxe as well as both 2 3/4 and 3 inch chambers and the model 36 .9mm before they started the model 37 line. The model 37 comes in a variety of barrel lengthes depending on gauge. The early ones had Winchester in red on bottom of the receiver known as red letters. And the very first ones had a space in the break lever known as a pig tail. They then bought the cooey plant in Canada cooey produced a model 84 which winchester changed into the winchestern Western cooey 840. Then winchester made the cheaper version 370. They ditched that and made a heavier version known as the 840. Winchester also made this gun under the Sears name. To boost sales they updated the 840 with a gold trigger and nicer woods to make the 37a which came with 2 different scrolls on the receiver. I have all 18 of the 37a series

Just found this rather extensive review of the Henry Break action single.
Unfortunately, the sound on my computer suddenly decided not to work so I can't hear the commentary.
Hopefully this doesn't turn out to be 26:50 of your life you'll never have back.
...btw, you might want to skip the beginning. Appears to be some light hearted "theatrics" that may not be entertaining to all, but it looks like the actual review starts at 1:30.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top