JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes, and not to beat a dead horse - the DOLLAR can also slide down into oblivion also - so what. All fiat currencies have historically failed. The dollar is the USA's third currency and it will also FAIL. So, I'd rather store wealth/value in a form that has held value for 5000 years. In the last 99 years, the dollar has lost 95% of its value - wow - sounds like a great 'investment.'

Silver is NOT at a very high price level. Its inflation adjusted high from 1980 is $131.49/oz or 4x the current price. In 1980 you didn't have a billion Chinese ready to buy gold and silver either.

The US dollar had a bright future and the debt was manageable. Now, not so much. Take away the fake Silver certs/ETFs/shorting and silver would be at 10x+ its high right now. The banks (JP Morgan specifically) are suppressing the price illegally via a Ponzi in order to prop up the failing dollar. That Ponzi will fail and it will be exposed when people start demanding their physical silver. Simply put, all those ETFs are certificates for silver that does not exist.

$31 (physically held, or stored/accessible by YOU) silver right now is the best hedge you can possible have against the failing dollar and the coming skyrocketing inflation. That is just an opinion, but one based on hundreds of hours of non-biased research. The banker media wants you to believe owning PMs is foolish and you should get your money into banks/stocks/crap. Don't be fooled by these liars. Protect yourself now. The collapse of the dollar will be a global, life-changing event and a catastrophe for the 98% that have done nothing to prepare for it. The bankers and money men have already destroyed the nation and the 600+ trillion dollar debt tsunami will hit in the next couple years.

I do agree that one should buy silver coins at as close to melt value as possible. When the mad rush to physical silver arrives, buyers will not care if the coin is an American Eagle or a Commemorative coin. They will know they had been had and will be like everyone else - trying to get rid of their soon to be useless dollars before they use them to wipe their butt. Anyone who thinks this digital money creation of the thin air will save the nation indefinitely please do not breed.

Other than that, enjoy the buffett.

i personally dont buy US silver or gold currency. i worry that if the dollar fails (it will, just a matter of when) and the fed says we are not using the dollar anymore we are using the new XXX currancy, your screwed,

They will then say something like "all old US printed currency can be traded in for $.30 on the dollar (face value) for the new currency and all old currency must be traded in by xyz date or you face procicution.

$.30 on the dollar gives people real money but also gets the dept resolved. If you have a silver coin that says $10 on it will be worth face value only $10, and $.30 on the dollar makes it worth $3. they could also make it illeagle for dealers to take after xyz date. You have to think we dont own any US currancy, its owned by the fed, we are just allowed to use it.

This theory might seem out there but that's what they said with the euro, we could see a north American money or a word money. The big banks want a world bank, a world union, and world laws. Your politions are all paid for buy the banks. The fed chairs all seem to give up 3 million dollar a year jobs at the banks to run the fed. The banks run the show plain and simple.

i think if my .999 silver non currency coins might be harder for the fed to take as ty are just silver and sold as silver, not currency.

Last but not least you should be buying silver/gold as an investment. to spend an extra $5 for a coin that looks pretty like an eagle is nuts. Its not art, they are silver one ounce pieces. I also think junk silver coins are way way overrated, sure they have silver in them, but if there is a need to refine them to get the silver out whos do you think will pay for that.

This could happen
North American currency union - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OK, you said all that without saying what you buy, I am curious. I think you bring up some good points, now spill the beans.

For a beginner, I would stick with 90% "junk" silver coins (1964 and older). Walking Liberty half dollars (1916-1947) and Mercury dimes (1916-1945) are a good investment because a lot of people like the design/look of these coins. Roosevelt dimes and Washington quarters older than 1965 are also good. I would stay away from Morgan dollars because there are a ton of fake ones currently coming in from China.

Go to a dealer and ask to see the various types of coins you are interested in.
Remember what the real coins look and feel like so you can avoid fakes.

Check out: Silver Coin Melt Values - Coinflation (Live Prices)
You should be able to pick up coins for current melt value or just a little more.

Good luck!
-C

That is overpriced; Apmex is the standard; there is also a local gold place down on 3rd and Stark or so that has similar pricing. Buy Silver Online | Buy 1 oz Liberty Eagle Silver Round .999 Fine | APMEX.com

I already have more silver, spread over a large geographic area, than God. Thank you Peter Schiff when silver was $9 (and I bought HIGH in 2005) you told it like it was, and I listened. Right through the 2008 BS and on into the future.

My buy point for generic coins is $30 if I feel like accumulating even more. If I owned no silver I'd buy up any I could afford, period; after all other necessities AS A SUBSTITUTE for paper/dollars. Of course when I converted my life savings out of dollars to silver back then all I heard from everyone was how foolish that was, including my CPA. "Silver was just at $5/ounce, it will never go above $10, are you crazy buying at $9???"

Stop listening to clowns and liars.

.999 Generic silver coins are best for a newbie, or anyone for that matter. That said, when I see them I buy Englehards. They command just a tiny margin over commemorative/other coins but are the easiest to sell. The supply runs very thin at times and the price jumps.

Ampex has them right now for the same price as the basic generic coins. If I were buying right now, I'd buy these: Buy Silver Online | Buy 1 oz Engelhard Prospector Silver Round .999 Fine | APMEX.com

Funny they put the coins before the guns in the article.

A friend has some Franklin coins.They are sterling,yes,but 95.7?% silver(right around there)
Are these worth buying as sterling silver?
I know they would have some collector value,but at 95%+,they should hold some "precious" value also,no?

92.5%

I have 60 of them, but I bought at $12.xx per ounce. . .
Franklin_F.jpg

Don't expect to get what they are worth as you will take a hit since they are not 99.999%
In my case it doesn't matter since I paid so little. If I got $29 or $32 it's all the same.

But your better off with 99.999%
SilverC001.jpg

OR old US coins.

I was listening to a pawn shop owner talk to a employee the other day. He was telling him about a Canadian silver coin that was being counterfeited now. Aparently someone got hold of a official die that was supposed to be destroyed because of a small defect.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top