JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh very true. When gotten, these are to be cherished. Hate to predict this, but I fear the virus thing is going to cause the routine practice of medicine to permanently adopt televisits.

I hate televisits.... IMO as a veteran I deserve to be seen in person, not by a nurse with a camera. Which is how it was done for the last year or so that there was no doc at the local VA clinic. Yesterday I finally had my hand injury checked out... it's been a month since the event, but I couldn't get in because it was inadvertently listed as routine instead of urgent. Then it was relisted and approved after I made an appeal, mind you the hand was never seen by medical (they refused), but the hand surgeon is missing in action. So after three referrals, I finally got to see the hand surgeons PA to have my hand evaluated.... mind you, not a procedure, just an evaluation. Thru high power close up lenses in person. At any rate, I did a good enough job of self surgery after the first refusal to schedule a doc visit that I have no issues or infection that require immediate surgery. Follow up and re-evaluation in 6 wks with the actual surgeon... if he shows up. ;):)

I hate to be "that guy" but I am a Glock Certified Armorer and have to ask: Did you take a gun out of a safe that had been sitting in it for 6 years, uncleaned and unfired; load it up and take it out to shoot it... uncleaned, unoiled and unfired in 6 years. ?

End of questions: Point made. You are lucky you did not shoot your eye out, your head off, or kill your wife/mother/daughter/aunt/or dog... or some poor schlub standing next to you watching the circus in which you were the ringmaster.

This was NOT THE GUN'S FAULT. My friend, you are the reason elderly people who have no business owning guns are viewed with suspicion every time we show up at a range. Nobody wants to stand in the lane next to us, behind us, or within shouting distance of us. I would applaud your honesty if it were not so obvious you still do not understand the reason you nearly shot your hand off. I repeat: THIS WAS NOT THE GUN'S FAULT !.

Be thankful... be very thankful, you were not holding your shotgun.
This is not being "excellent to each other". It's just abuse. Sorry, but you ARE "that guy".

Sometimes honesty trumps denial. Some of us teach our kids and grandkids that.. evidently the wisdom was lost on you. As the great John Wayne used to say: "Life is tough, but its tougher when you're stupid".

The good old rule. If it works dont fix it
except if you buy a Glock in .40 cal due to all the internet hype - then find you don't like .40 cal
so you watch all the videos and emails from associates who say just a 9mm barrel and mag change from LW
will solve all your issues
then you start getting brass to face and get discouraged
not till 5 years later do you find that even Glock found they had issues with the early Gen 4 tolerances with MIM parts
and you just keep going down the rabbit hole
but for 5 years, I did not give up and now have a fine shooting early Gen 4 G22 9mm conversion
that will shoot everything from WB 115 gn to 124 gn NATO, with a very smooth trigger
and lubed with EWL that works just great, even after 5 years of storage

except if you buy a Glock in .40 cal due to all the internet hype - then find you don't like .40 cal
so you watch all the videos and emails from associates who say just a 9mm barrel and mag change from LW
not till 5 years later do you find that even Glock found they had issues with the early Gen 4 tolerances with MIM parts
but for 5 years, I did not give up and now have a fine shooting early Gen 4 G22 9mm conversion
that will shoot everything from WB 115 gn to 124 gn NATO, with a very smooth trigger

I hope it didn't cost an arm and a leg.

I hope it didn't cost an arm and a leg.
no, Glock parts are very cost effective
just the frustration of 5 years of people telling you it should work, but you still get hot brass burns on your bald head
just had to find the right sequence of parts to work with the very early Gen 4 G22
it wasn't until 2018 that Glocktalk covered this issue and outlined the solution
I didn't find out until late 2019
2 of my associates with the same issue sold their Glocks and now shoot Springfield Armory

:s0140: I was (2) G22s, G23, G27 (all 2nd Gen) and a Kahr P40 deep before I figured that out. Don't believe internet hype, in my case it was gun rag hype.

You are a lot more patient than I am, I sold them all off and went back to the 1911 for a while. I later landed on 3rd Gen G19 and am gtg. I watched the 4th Gen debacle unfold and bought a third Gen G19 to stash, still haven't shot it.

:s0140: I was (2) G22s, G23, G27 (all 2nd Gen) and a Kahr P40 deep before I figured that out. Don't believe internet hype, in my case it was gun rag hype.

You are a lot more patient than I am, I sold them all off and went back to the 1911 for a while. I later landed on 3rd Gen G19 and am gtg. I watched the 4th Gen debacle unfold and bought a third Gen G19 to stash, still haven't shot it.

the Gen 3 G19 is a fine choise
this thread would not even exist if I had done that 8 years ago
but back then we were putting 2 kids through college and I couldn't tell my wife I didn't like the $650 Glock I just purchased
buying little replacement parts every now and then and suffering BTF was less hassle that telling my wife I wanted a different pistol

I went crazy on 19's... got 3 of them, 2 - 26's and chromed barrels ... for each. Yeah, yeah, overkill but there was a time not very long ago you could buy Blue Label Gen 3's - for under 300 bucks... threaded (Wolfe) barrels for $100. That's a lifetime supply by any definition and a solid inheritance for any who follow.

Would make a great safety video! .........Live and learn, you were lucky because it could have been much worse. You could have lost your hand totally or had it amputated. I learned the hard way of how not to place my left support hand in such a way that the slide can hit it when it comes back. Smacked my thumb and boy did that hurt. Shooting a revolver and a semi auto has it's differences and advantages and disadvantages.

I kept all the original G22 .40 parts, but don't have a need in my lifestyle
between the .44 mag, 45 ACP, 4 .357s and two 9s, just don't find a need for a .40
still an old wheel gun man myself - for my lifestyle
you know, just a poor old pensioner scratching out an existence on a dirt farm

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews