JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
beaded6.jpg

Here's the up to date legal garbage...

166.240 Carrying of concealed weapons. (1) Except as provided in subsection (2) of this section, any person who carries concealed upon the person any knife having a blade that projects or swings into position by force of a spring or by centrifugal force, any dirk, dagger, ice pick, slungshot, metal knuckles, or any similar instrument by the use of which injury could be inflicted upon the person or property of any other person, commits a Class B misdemeanor.

(2) Nothing in subsection (1) of this section applies to any peace officer as defined in ORS 133.005, whose duty it is to serve process or make arrests. Justice courts have concurrent jurisdiction to try any person charged with violating any of the provisions of subsection (1) of this section. [Amended by 1977 c.454 §1; 1985 c.543 §2; 1989 c.839 §21; 1999 c.1040

Sorry for the topic necromancy, but I have read recently that apparently there exists case law that contradicts the idea that autos are simply banned as suggested in clever reading of the ORS. The case law was finding that an auto is simply a class of pocket knife, and that such a knife in a pocket wasn't concealment. I wouldn't count on that to save my bacon with Officer Unfriendly.

Personally, I stick to assisted or something that doesn't scare sheep too much. In fact, my primary carry blade is a Gerber untralight. Works, and I'm not afraid to lose it. Nobody's going to mistake it for "tactical", since it's not even a one-handed opener (although I'm quite good at one-handed deployment with it.)

Probably my Gerber isn't the first thing I'm going to reach for if I need a weapon. I have other innocuous-looking items not made and sold as weapons, so even a thorough search wouldn't find me "armed" in a secure area, even if I have to leave behind anything as dangerous as a plastic butter knife.

Last Edited:
Here are the things I carry (mainly the SOG Flash-II folder) Oh yeah, and don't knock the box cutter... it doesn't generally attract attention, and people have taken over large aircraft and caused INCREDIBLE death & destruction using them. :mad:

100_1201.jpg

And since I've already gone and introduced myself through necromancy on this thread, I may as well add that the myth of box cutters and plastic knives is just that. <broken link removed> for one of many examples.

TSA freely admits they aren't permitted to do what would actually prevent another 9/11. Instead they just manage to annoy people banning things that the average person would THINK is dangerous on a plane.

I'll bite;

My most recent aquisition; a Gerber LMF II that I won in a contest. The kind fellows also had a phrase of my choosing laser etched on the blade.

That's only one of dozens. I worked Ren Faire for a decade and a half so I'd end up adding 2 pages to this thread were I to post em.

And since I've already gone and introduced myself through necromancy on this thread, I may as well add that the myth of box cutters and plastic knives is just that. <broken link removed> for one of many examples.

TSA freely admits they aren't permitted to do what would actually prevent another 9/11. Instead they just manage to annoy people banning things that the average person would THINK is dangerous on a plane.

Well THAT was a comprehensive example... not. I guess they ought to ban Bic pens as well, because THAT is an AWESOME "ice-pick" that can easily be used to stab you in the juglar, the eye, or the gut... I know because I've seen one used on a thug once... plus they go right through security check points. I'm painfully "average" now, but in my Army days I was one of the "cool guys", and the lessons/training learned still ride with me, always.

Posted on another form as well....

A few of whats left of my former collection. Not much for the new stuff as you can see.

A custom that my father made from the tip of a Japanese officers sword. A token my grandfather picked up while in Okinawa.
View attachment 209170
A pic of the edge...
View attachment 209171

A few gerbers and clones.
View attachment 209172

These are pretty important to me. The three scharade knives are, mine, my late fathers and my late grandfathers. The other is my grandfathers childhood hunting knife.
View attachment 209173

This is one that I re-handled 15+ years back. I don't remember if the blade was from a Buck but it was the first leather handle I rebuilt. Kinda fun and a very solid knife.
View attachment 209174

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR